what a trip. Nat Geo and ME-O

Hipshot

What a hell of a trip the last three days have been.

We have had the most incredible guests with us since Thursday night. We finished shooting our portion of the National Geographic documentary a few hours ago.

Lisa was the producer, she flew here from Peru but lives in London. The poor girl was sick most of the time they were here...and exhausted from travel. The director was a hoot. Ben is 33 years old and comes across even younger. He would be a fantastic therapist if he were to decide to change occupations. The sound guy was a "Bloke" named Dave. He is an Aussie and kept calling me a bloke and said that that was a good thing. ?? The amazing videographer was named Steve. Steve and Ben also live in London.

They are all freelance pros and have been awarded a deal to make a documentary on the benefits of psychedelics.

They are all flying out tomorrow morning and I must say I will miss the hell out of them. They were all young(ish) and very personable. They actually enjoyed themselves while they were here...ya can't fake that.

Thursday night we went out for dinner and talked about what was to be done and what we were trying to accomplish

Friday morning they came to our home at 10am. They sat me down and with Ben's direction I was interviewed and I was nervous as a whore in church. That is one BIG camera!

All of my shirts are Polo it seems. The ones that aren't have some kind of liquor name or etc on them and couldn't be worn. It is 90 degrees so hot long sleeves are out. Stripes and ect are not cool either come to find out. So the answer to the big question....I wore an old shirt, blue in color.My daughter Danielle was here from TTech and was supportive and was also interviewed yesterday. Lee Ann couldn't dodge them and was interviewed today.

They filmed my garden of mushrooms, the timing was good in that respect. It is good they put this deal off a time or three. They filmed me crushing and capping up my medicine and showed me taking it at 5:30. BIG BALLS IN COW TOWN

They kept the camera and interview going till I was laughing my ass off at them. They asked me if it was cool to follow me around while tripping and I said OK but I will let you know when it is NOT COOL. When things got going pretty good I went to my bedroom and laid down on my stomach...face down. (trippin pretty good now) When they all got in my room I quickly turned over and with my voice elevated said " WHAT THE FU** ARE YOU DOING IN HERE...WHO THE HELL ARE YOU.?" Scared the crap out of all of them. Everyone except Lee Ann; she knows me.

We all had a great laugh and they came down from the ceiling and continued to do their respective jobs. They finally left me alone but a small camera was in the corner, always running. I thought about getting naked but didn't. I laid there smiling, trying not to laugh at the thought.

This was my most pleasurable dose ever. I did puke but it wasn't bad...just part of the program.

It helped having them around. As unbelievable as that might sound, they were good medicine in themselves.

Today we went to my fishing hole. They showed Danielle and I fishing and enjoying life. They interviewed me there also and I was more relaxed and at ease with the camera. Not at ease, just more at ease.

Later they filmed me driving using two vehicles. I was also interviewed driving with them in the truck. I talked about how I couldn't make it the ten miles to my store without having to stop and hit the 02 from time to time. They interviewed me in my liquor store and we talked about what a hell of a situation we have with liquor and cigarettes legal and "drugs" will land you in prison. I am a Libertarian I think. I don't believe it's anyone's business what I do so long as I don't interfere with anyone else's personal rights. No one owns me. "Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins".

All of this time will be cut down to between 8 and 16 minutes. They think it will air in about nine months.

Ben and Lisa came here via the jungles in Peru where they documented the natives using hallucinogens. I know Ben is leaving here to a lady's home in Switzerland. She is dying from cancer and taking LSD to help her in her death.

We are going to dinner with the gang tonight.\

Today I have had a little shadowing but I am not scared. I hope to get two months pain free time.

I mentioned ClusterBusters as many times as I could. I would like to have mentioned each one of my friends names here ... I was thinking about you all and felt like you were all right here with us. You were in a way.

I am running behind and must bail out. I will think of more and hop on tomorrow when they are gone.

We will miss them. It was an experience that we will never forget. It went as well as I could have hoped. They were all Pros and their confidence was contagious.

Dan

They filmed me crushing and capping up my medicine and showed me taking it at 5:30. BIG BALLS IN COW TOWN

No doubt Dan, and I for one, thank you for your courage.

I thought about getting naked but didn't. I laid there smiling, trying not to laugh at the thought.

Thank God for that moment of sanity!  :o

They interviewed me in my liquor store and we talked about what a hell of a situation we have with liquor and cigarettes legal and "drugs" will land you in prison. I am a Libertarian I think.

Welcome to the ranks.  ;)

We will miss them. It was an experience that we will never forget. It went as well as I could have hoped. They were all Pros and their confidence was contagious.

That is just too f....ng cool!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks,

I must say I dread it in a way because I can't see it before it airs. I might come across as a total dumb ass. I will view it before I tell most people. If it's not totally embarrassing, I will tell everyone to watch it when it reruns. everyone being my friends and family and customers...

I have thought of all kinds of good things I should have said and recall some things that I hope get chopped :-/

Haha.

Ya never know, it might save a life, that's the way I look at it.

Dan

Not to worry, Bud. People will be so impressed with your pretty face that they won't care what you say. You're a really smart guy and I'm sure that'll come across on-screen. If it doesn't and you do come across a total dumb ass, we'll all get a good laugh at your expense. Either way is good. It's all good.

Dan, I once appeared on a highly-rated TV quiz show, on which I came in a distant second out of three contestants.  Between the time the show was taped and the time it aired (a few months), all I could remember was how stupid some of my answers were, and I increasingly dreaded the broadcast.  When it finally came on, I wasn't much dumber than most people who don't win on that show -- and nobody cared anyway.  My friends were still my friends (maybe a little impressed that I had qualified and appeared, but they had known that for a long time).  My main concern was not to humiliate my daughter, and I appear to have avoided that.  I expected that at least some folks in the smallish town where I lived then would acknowledge that they had seen me on the show, but not a single person did.  Maybe they felt sorry for me and didn't want to rub it in, but more likely they either didn't see it or didn't connect me with that person.  Since in your case the producers have no incentive to make you look bad, my advice is not to worry.  I wouldn't be surprised if it opens up a whole career in modeling for you.  And we all are grateful!

Dan, everyone thinks about the shit they should have said at times like these.

I'm sure you did fine, you're just worried because you don't know what they'll be showing. You've helped the cause out greatly, and that is something you should be proud of.

I know I'm proud of you!

Mystina

Cool stuff

Guess I havent been here in a while. Its good to know the world will be a wee bit wiser thanks to your unselfish donation of time and efforts Dan.

Will the rest of the world accept shitfaced grinning as a proper treatment..  ;D thats what I'm wondering.

MJ

Hipshot I often think of the Natgeo documentary and i must say I am so incredibly thankful and impressed by your loving effort and your courage, i know i would not have the courage to let Natgeo in to my apartment. You really are one of my heroes! This forum have ALOT of heroes of mine and all of you wonderful people really make me feel like there is a change coming on the horizon and I really feel that I must do my part in some way. I guide people from my own country into this platform of hope and knowlage and i really feel that that gives them a much better chance for a long life so i get very much strength from that. You guys and gals in here have really saved my life, and have given me the strength to change my thought patterns and my health overall, before i found all of you i was almost ready to give up and now i feel that the strongest people alive are Clusterheads and i feel proud to be a part of this comunity! I know i am not very active but i read alot and follow the stories from you saints in here, I will try to do better and write some more! Much love/ Michael 

That was a very nice post. Thank you very much, glad to have you join us and I appreciate the kind words.

Haha..MJ that video was so great I forwarded it to my two kids. LMAO. It takes one to know one, I could really relate with the laughing bastards. Haha

Dan

You guys and gals in here have really saved my life, and have given me the strength to change my thought patterns and my health overall, before i found all of you i was almost ready to give up and now i feel that the strongest people alive are Clusterheads and i feel proud to be a part of this comunity! 

Wow what an inspiring post - thanks for that Mwib87!  8-)

• 8 months later...
What a hell of a trip the last three days have been.

We have had the most incredible guests with us since Thursday night. We finished shooting our portion of the National Geographic documentary a few hours ago.

Lisa was the producer, she flew here from Peru but lives in London. The poor girl was sick most of the time they were here...and exhausted from travel. The director was a hoot. Ben is 33 years old and comes across even younger. He would be a fantastic therapist if he were to decide to change occupations. The sound guy was a "Bloke" named Dave. He is an Aussie and kept calling me a bloke and said that that was a good thing. ?? The amazing videographer was named Steve. Steve and Ben also live in London.

They are all freelance pros and have been awarded a deal to make a documentary on the benefits of psychedelics.

They are all flying out tomorrow morning and I must say I will miss the hell out of them. They were all young(ish) and very personable. They actually enjoyed themselves while they were here...ya can't fake that.

Thursday night we went out for dinner and talked about what was to be done and what we were trying to accomplish

Friday morning they came to our home at 10am. They sat me down and with Ben's direction I was interviewed and I was nervous as a whore in church. That is one BIG camera!

All of my shirts are Polo it seems. The ones that aren't have some kind of liquor name or etc on them and couldn't be worn. It is 90 degrees so hot long sleeves are out. Stripes and ect are not cool either come to find out. So the answer to the big question....I wore an old shirt, blue in color.My daughter Danielle was here from TTech and was supportive and was also interviewed yesterday. Lee Ann couldn't dodge them and was interviewed today.

They filmed my garden of mushrooms, the timing was good in that respect. It is good they put this deal off a time or three. They filmed me crushing and capping up my medicine and showed me taking it at 5:30. BIG BALLS IN COW TOWN

They kept the camera and interview going till I was laughing my ass off at them. They asked me if it was cool to follow me around while tripping and I said OK but I will let you know when it is NOT COOL. When things got going pretty good I went to my bedroom and laid down on my stomach...face down. (trippin pretty good now) When they all got in my room I quickly turned over and with my voice elevated said " WHAT THE FU** ARE YOU DOING IN HERE...WHO THE HELL ARE YOU.?" Scared the crap out of all of them. Everyone except Lee Ann; she knows me.

We all had a great laugh and they came down from the ceiling and continued to do their respective jobs. They finally left me alone but a small camera was in the corner, always running. I thought about getting naked but didn't. I laid there smiling, trying not to laugh at the thought.

This was my most pleasurable dose ever. I did puke but it wasn't bad...just part of the program.

It helped having them around. As unbelievable as that might sound, they were good medicine in themselves.

Today we went to my fishing hole. They showed Danielle and I fishing and enjoying life. They interviewed me there also and I was more relaxed and at ease with the camera. Not at ease, just more at ease.

Later they filmed me driving using two vehicles. I was also interviewed driving with them in the truck. I talked about how I couldn't make it the ten miles to my store without having to stop and hit the 02 from time to time. They interviewed me in my liquor store and we talked about what a hell of a situation we have with liquor and cigarettes legal and "drugs" will land you in prison. I am a Libertarian I think. I don't believe it's anyone's business what I do so long as I don't interfere with anyone else's personal rights. No one owns me. "Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins".

All of this time will be cut down to between 8 and 16 minutes. They think it will air in about nine months.

Ben and Lisa came here via the jungles in Peru where they documented the natives using hallucinogens. I know Ben is leaving here to a lady's home in Switzerland. She is dying from cancer and taking LSD to help her in her death.

We are going to dinner with the gang tonight.\

Today I have had a little shadowing but I am not scared. I hope to get two months pain free time.

I mentioned ClusterBusters as many times as I could. I would like to have mentioned each one of my friends names here ... I was thinking about you all and felt like you were all right here with us. You were in a way.

I am running behind and must bail out. I will think of more and hop on tomorrow when they are gone.

Dan

Hello Dave I recently seen your interview on the Nat Geo and I can totally feel your pain.. I also take mushrooms to avoid ClusterF**K Aches.... (excuse my French...)

Well there is an Important reason why I wanted to contact you in regards to your experience with mushrooms.. I noticed that you looked uncomfortable and at some times confused.. I went through the same thing when I started and I hated it... BUT....... I then found out about a style of Music that I listened to here and there and once in a while and when I started to listen to it during the Hours of my "Trip" (Med Time) I actually felt much better, I had something Pure and sane to focus on and the trip went by fast and I actually didn't mind it any more.. I still don't think it's the funnest thing to do, but atleast it has helped me to pass the time more wisely and in a more comfortable  way.....

I actually started to Produce this music since I am a Music Major anyways.. I would like to offer my help in getting you some of this music for you to try.. I really think it would make it more enjoyable...

The Music is for the most part instrumental and has a lot of Organic elements to it... IMHO I would NEVER Listen to anything with lyrics in it, while under the influence of any Hallucinogenic.. For simple fact that it's too overwhelming and it would Mostlikely ruin your time with so much negativity that is emphasized into what we have offered to us in Mass Mainstream...

anyways if you would like to know more about this, OR ANYONE ELSE IN THIS MATTER PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PRIVATE MESSAGE ME...

Or post here on this thread and I can E-Mail you guy's some of this music.. It's really a LIFESAVER for me and for many other's that I have introduced this music to for the same Reason...

God Bless You all and God Bless the World

I would NEVER Listen to anything with lyrics in it

It's kinda funny - I had a very pleasant first bust listening to a well planned playlist of music.

My second bust was much more spur of the  moment right after an unexpected low level hit and not well planned out. So I lie down as the mushrooms are REALLY taking effect and out of the corner of my eye I see a spider crawling towards my face. A real one, not a hallucination. So I'm off to a great start killing spiders.

When I lie back down and close my eyes, the patterns I'm seeing look very much like *swarms of insects* and *claws grasping*. Then Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Child comes on. I didn't think that choice of songs through. At all. Bad enough that it's in that darkest black key of Eb and has a spooky vibe to it, but next thing you know there's the spoken word commentary he does at one point: "I don't take none of that acid no more, I just want you to know"

WRONG LYRICS ALERT WRONG LYRICS ALERT

I give myself a grade of F for that set and setting.

Note to self:  Jimi's beautiful vibe instrumental 'Pali Gap' would've been a much better choice.