Red Bull. HRT

kate

Help needed please. Does HRT affect Cluster? Just started on a low dose. Not on any other medication. I normally can get 6 months after dosing twice with LSD. After only two months its back again! Shadows are bad. I ‘necked’ two cans of Red Bull but had a bad turn. Drained of colour and shook all over. Used to help in my forties but now in my sixties. It was quite scary so was wondering how everyone else deals with shadowing? Im unable to get shrooms at the moment and when i can they are very expensive. Tried growing my own but was a disaster. 
Suggestions please. 

There hasn't been much commentary here about "standard" HRT (hormone replacement therapy). I do remember one prominent member saying it had no effect on her CH.  You can search for HRT (using "hormone replacement" as the search phrase) using the search bar at the top of each page.  I know there will be a lot of comments from MoxieGirl, but her HRT was part of a male-female transition, so probably not relevant.

Regarding shadows, here's a little from a post in the ClusterBuster Files. Ginger seems to be the most effective go-to for many. There is probably other advice in other posts. 

"Some people find that standard headache medicine such as ibuprofen helps with shadows, some find that caffeine helps (and Excedrin migraine tablets include both a headache med and caffeine), and some find that oxygen helps.

Ginger seems to help many people (some also take it as a possible preventive). Tea is one way to take it. Slice or grate a bunch if it (maybe a tablespoon if grated; more if chopped) and simmer it for 10 - 20 minutes in a couple of cups of water. It should feel really strong when you drink it.  You can add honey, sugar, etc.  You can buy ginger tea, but make sure it’s real ginger.

Crystallized ginger and real (strong) ginger candy are also good.  Candy from Ginger People is strong.  You can make your own crystallized ginger candy. Someone once posted “Ginger and honey on toast. Yum!” There’s apparently a Nut Bar that contains ginger and sugar. Ginger beer (non-alcoholic) has worked for some people."

Can you get RC seeds (rivea corymbosa)?  Legal to purchase and possess, but often very effective for busting.   Are you doing the D3 regimen?   As you might know, allergies (even ones you don't notice) can really kick up CH activity at unusual times.  Have you tried some Benadryl?  We can say more about these or other options, depending on your responses.

• Like 2

Thanks so much for this information. Unfortunately I gag at ginger. I haven’t tried Benadryl but have taken 2 Ibuprofen together with paracetamol earlier today. No effect. I tried RC seeds years ago for quite a while but had no improvement. I tried D3 regimen for 8-9 months. I didn’t notice any difference whatsoever so eventually stopped as it was very expensive too. 
I also took 2 taurine tablets this afternoon. Made me shaky but didn’t lift the shadowing. 

Kate, have you tried a cup of coffee? That works well for me where shadows are concerned. I would vibrate over to Memphis with two Red Bulls!! :wacko: I am a bit older than you, so perhaps it might help without the side effects? Worth a shot. Also, if I am out and cannot get coffee, I keep caffeine caps in my bag for emergencies. Just take it or if the shadow is bad and fast, I dump out the powder and chase with some water. 

I did not find HRT to cause any change in my CH years ago.

You can buy ginger capsules too. I think they are available on Amazon. I know the caffeine pills are there. That might avoid the gag mess. I use ginger candy personally at different times too. 

Benadryl is often used with the Vitamin D3 Regimen.  Anyway, allergies seem to make our CH worse for a lot of people, so Benadryl, an original allergy med that does penetrate the blood/brain barrier helps. That is why it works. You might want to do a blood test to see where your D is currently. It may be low now and that is the reason for the mess you are currently in. 

Do you have O2? I use that for shadows too. So, also worth a try. Just be sure to stay on for a few minutes after the shadow is gone.  

• Like 2

Thank you! I haven’t touched coffee, tea or milk since i was three years old. Coffee being the worst smell for me. I never thought of ginger capsules though. Will order some now. Also will request a vitamin D test. Pretty tough getting to even speak to a GP atm but will give it a go. Meanwhile will get some Benadryl tomorrow. Really appreciate the help. 

• Like 1