Cycle Bypass Question...

BoscoPiko

Just wondering if there is any way to know weather or not a cycle that you somehow bypassed will stay gone for one’s normal clear time?
I am trying to figure out the best way to articulate my question and all I can think to do is a quick outline.

Normal cycle start: Late July or early August

Normal cycle end: Mid- October early November

Normal cycle experience: One to two attacks per day lasting from two to four hours with no more than two days attack free

This year: One major 4.5/hr. attack July 3rd and two minor nocturnal attacks sometime prior

My thoughts & concerns: I have a hard time believing that I have gone into cycle this year but am unsure if it has just been milder because of the “Full Monte Regimen” and occasional dosing?  I am really hoping that I have not somehow inadvertently changed my cycle times to winter months (is that even possible)? 

My root question: Can I somewhat still expect to be clear in my normal clear time if i havent really had a true cycle? 

I know this post is sort of hard to follow as I couldn’t really think of a better way to communicate my question. If anyone manages to get through reading this, I sure would appreciate some feed back from anyone who has experienced something like this. 

If there's one thing that I've learned over the years; it's that just when you think you have cluster headaches figured out...they change. Unfortunately, I don't you can ever know with any certainty. You just have to hope for the best, but, be prepared for the worst. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Darren said:

That said...it definitely could be milder because of the things that you mentioned. So, enjoy the time, but, don't let your guard down. Fingers crossed for you!

Thank you @Darren I suppose I'm just trying to keep trying.. if that makes any sense at all..I get tired just like we all do and hope is sacred. I wish this affliction was more like math but it's simply not. Math was never my good subject but at least it has set rules.. uff anyhow thanks for the well wishes. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BoscoPiko said:

Thank you @Darren I suppose I'm just trying to keep trying.. if that makes any sense at all..I get tired just like we all do and hope is sacred. I wish this affliction was more like math but it's simply not. Math was never my good subject but at least it has set rules.. uff anyhow thanks for the well wishes. 

I hear you, and agree 100%. It's especially frustrating when you think you have things like timing, or treatments sorted out after finding a pattern, or having success with something; only for it to completely change / not work on the next cycle. I think we can all relate to that. I do think that maybe / hopefully the D3 and busting might have helped you though. Maybe it's a sign of easier times to come as well!

Edited by Darren
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Darren said:

I hear you, and agree 100%. It's especially frustrating when you think you have things like timing, or treatments sorted out after finding a pattern, or having success with something; only for it to completely change / not work on the next cycle. I think we can all relate to that. I do think that maybe / hopefully the D3 and busting might have helped you though. Maybe it's a sign of easier times to come as well!

Nicely said Darren.  Thank you for taking the time to respond to me.. 

• Like 3

What Darren said. :)

I would bet that your diligent, all out preventive efforts this year have paid off royally and indeed are responsible for preventing (or tamping down in a major way) the expected cycle. Huge cause for celebration, and something I personally admire greatly! 

My hope is as you approach your normal CH cycle end time coming up real soon here, while keeping your arsenal and contingencies ready to go at a moment's notice, you'll go free of all symptoms, including shadows, and feel freer from the grip, with less dread, if you experience that.

As far as what to expect for cycle timing now.....sorry but I kind of went into an "all bets are off" mode regarding cycle timings a good while back, considering this bit that is so common:

3 hours ago, Darren said:

just when you think you have cluster headaches figured out...they change

...but I believe that with your level of determination and vigilance you could continue to prevent lots and lots of more cycles all in a row. :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bejeeber said:

What Darren said. :)

I would bet that your diligent, all out preventive efforts this year have paid off royally and indeed are responsible for preventing (or tamping down in a major way) the expected cycle. Huge cause for celebration, and something I personally admire greatly! 

My hope is as you approach your normal CH cycle end time coming up real soon here, you'll go free of all symptoms, including shadows, and feel freer from the grip, with less dread, if you experience that (while keeping your arsenal and contingencies ready to go at a moment's notice of course).

As far as what to expect for cycle timing now.....sorry but I kind of went into an "all bets are off" regarding cycle timings a good while back, considering this bit that is so common:

...but I believe that with your level of determination and vigilance you could continue to prevent lots and lots of more cycles all in a row. :D

Aww jeeb thank you. I know there is no solid answer to my question and I so appreciate you being so kind.  I just revert to my old scared self from time to time and your words were just what I needed. I  had a few spikes today and just got scared. I dislike how I allow it to shut me down and I'm working on that. Thank you for the positive influx..

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Darren said:

If there's one thing that I've learned over the years; it's that just when you think you have cluster headaches figured out...they change. Unfortunately, I don't you can ever know with any certainty. You just have to hope for the best, but, be prepared for the worst. 

Yep, no normal for me anymore. They have shifted from early in the year to mid to late and back again.

• Like 1

Bosco, just keep doing what you have been doing the last several months: D3 and seeds. I do the D3 year round, you  know, just in case. I had my FIRST EVER summer cycle this year. I got it 'ended' on my normal start cycle day!!! :huh: So, after a pretty 'perfect' start for years - September 22nd - I no longer have a road sign to pass every year and recognise as 'Hey, you prepared!!' so things will be fine. I am in uncharted territory! So, I have a very 'fresh' reminder of what it feels like to feel a bit lost in the mess. And the 'plan' is to keep on keeping on. 

In my world, you can relax, if you are vigilant!!! :) If I missed my afternoon caffeine or bedtime D, I will get hit and reminded not to be forgetful!!! Live and learn.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, spiny said:

And the 'plan' is to keep on keeping on. 

Yep.. Good advice as always. Strange little bugger the cluster bunny is.. Guess he just doesn't care that no one wants thunder eggs in the winter... or summer for that matter:unsure:

• Haha 3

Jeebs, that is indeed my new baby!!! :)  Meet Anatoly, 5 months old and helping me celebrate the recent death of our least favorite companion! He is the Russian Blue that I have wanted for 30 years! :wub:

He is just now getting the 'shimmer' in his fur with his adult coat coming in a bit. :) 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Bejeeber said:
8 hours ago, spiny said:

you can relax, if you are vigilant!!!

This encapsulation ^^^^ should be enshrined as a motto, or maybe as part of a cluster busting oath. :D Let us raise our right hands. :lol:

...spiny this is all time classic....i almost fell out of my chair!!!....been my goal for 40 years but didn't know how to say it. relax and CH at the same time? no way?...YES, way!

...like Yogi said..."in order to hit you have to relax and concentrate"   or Reagan..."trust but verify".....

• Like 2

John, we all know that tension is limiting and therefore a bad thing in any fight!!! You know, can you actually throw that punch when you are tense? Nope. Tension holds you back. Relax and punch from your foot, with all your might and controlled focus- like a bolt of lightning is coming up through you from the ground. 

Yogi was right!! And 'trust, but verify' is always good advice! My kids grew up with 'Quote your source!' to keep garbage out of the conversation and prevent made-up stuff inhabiting my house and car. They still use it today, which makes me feel that I got some things right along that long road. 

• Like 2

.....yup....it took me a lotta yrs to figure out that: "relax and concentrate" was the only way i was gonna get through this CH sane. ya start by learning everything you possibly can (some of that from you  :)) which leads to the right attitude....... so that you can formulate a proper plan......with what you KNOW are the right tools

...never had kids, but had a buncha lady techs work for me, every one of them  repeated back to me at some point: "sign your damn work!". made my fricken day. different road to accountability, not as good as yours, but no made up stuff or useless crud on my desk. amazing how ownership of something engenders responsibility.....

Edited by jon019
  • Like 3