How long do your shadows last?

hugecomedyfan

Hi all,

I apologize that I’ve only had questions and little answers since finding this forum. Y’all have been a wonderful resource. 

I believe my most recent cycle has ended. I haven’t had a full blown attack for about two weeks. Lately I’ve been dealing with a shadow that seems to linger all throughout the day and sinus pressure and pain. I can’t seem to shake the sinus pain. 

Has anyone else experienced this? The sinus pressure and pain have gotten marginally better since my doctor prescribed fluticasone and Zyrtec D, but still definitely present. And then the shadows seem to be pretty consistent every day. 

I’m happy that I haven’t had any more CH attacks, but the shadows and sinus issues are still annoying. Any tips or advice? My cycle started in late September and lasted about 3 weeks. My last major attack was 10/4, with a couple of minor ones since then, but mostly been pain free since 10/17. My cycles in the past have tended to just end abruptly, no shadows or anything, so this one has been a little drawn out and unpredictable. 

Thanks again, all! 

Hi HCF,

As @Shaun brearley has said, ginger is helpful in curtailing shadows. I am somewhat of a constant shadower (usually have them on a daily basis). I have found that RC seeds keep them at bay for me for  2-3 weeks. I also think curcumin mixed with ginger helps quite a bit. The RC seeds are easy to get your hands on and legal to purchase (just not to consume) but who's gonna know if you do. If you type in RC in the search bar you will get all the info you need on processing/obtaining etc. I found this pinned thread quite helpful 

I am not sure what causes shadows but I have had them ever since my first battle with CH. Sometimes they seem to be a warning prior to a cycle and other times they seem to just be aftermath. I also feel like the longer you go without being in a cycle and allowing the cluster bunny to take your brain out and stomp on it, the more intense the shadows become (almost like a cist that really needs to drain) gross analogy I know but... Anyhow I hope this helps. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Shaun brearley said:

Lol bosco , if only I was wise!!!! 

Oh but you are! No surviving this show without a touch of wisdom, perseverance, willingness, strength and endurance. Shoot if your afflicted with CH and still keeping on... your basically a bad a%#:D

• Like 3