Happy thanksgiving! Also checking in

kat_92

Hey CH family,

just wanted to check in. I am still managing my headaches pretty well. I haven’t had to bust in a while. I also haven’t had to use my O2 tank in over a year…YES I am serious. It’s been forever. I haven’t even renewed my script for it because my insurance doesn’t kick in til January…oh well. 

I dare to say I might even take a flight soon…I have been terrified to fly since my diagnosis in 2019. Also I have really bad anxiety when it comes to flying. Any advice on flying and Ch? I’ve asked this before, and I’ve read almost every post on it. Just wondering if anyone has any new advice or suggestions. 

anyway, I hope everyone has a safe holiday month coming up. Things are crazy out there. Still eternally grateful for you all and this site.  Cheers

kat 

• Like 7

That was a very nice post to read. I wasn't around in 2019 as I was still in the mess of figuring out what was wrong with me so I dont really know you'r story but I can imagine. I am also terrified to fly and have read all the threads on it as well, but I don't recall seeing anything new in the way of tips, tricks etc. It sure would be nice to hear back from you with how the flight went for you (hopefully seamless) and if I missed any new info on altitude success etc. I would love for our CH community to post here on it. 

• Like 3

Hey Kat!!! Great news to read! :wub: 

Flying: Carry energy shots or caffeine pills with you. Shots are tiny and you are able to board with them. Some will tote a few SPUT's in a convenient place to stick one under the tongue before takeoff. Others take ginger candy with them!

The TSA's mean it when they say 'We're only looking for explosives' - they are NOT doing any drug checking from what has been seen, so no worries there really. I know some herbs were on that flight too. ;) 

Many will do a preventative bust shortly before their flight day. Maybe 2-3 days? 

If you get your O2 renewed, you can call the O2 server at the other end and have O2 waiting. It does require a script though. Take your regulator and mask with you! 

I flew for the first time in over a decade to the Dallas Conference. I was terrified! But, it all went smoothly. I had shadows on the other end, but they were easily handled.  

Best of luck and Happy Holidays!! 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kat, I felt the same way. Perhaps you can find a way to trust it and go visit soon!! 

Pretty sure that Bosco uses seeds to deal with altitude changes, so that might be another layer of protection to make you more at ease. 

Fingers crossed that you get it figured out and have lovely get-away soon. 

• Like 3

.....i'll chime in too....same fears but dang it, there was stuff to do! more than 20 trips and never hit once in air or just after. carried imi or zomig and energy drink on plane just in case, oxygen at the destination usually through Lincare travel program. you adapt, clusterheads are good at that! get your well prepared first one out of the way....it gets less anxiety inducing every time after that......

• Like 4

11 hours ago, jon019 said:

.....i'll chime in too....same fears but dang it, there was stuff to do! more than 20 trips and never hit once in air or just after. carried imi or zomig and energy drink on plane just in case, oxygen at the destination usually through Lincare travel program. you adapt, clusterheads are good at that! get your well prepared first one out of the way....it gets less anxiety inducing every time after that......

The only time flying got me was when I was dumb enough to drink a couple beers before a flight. It was a nightmare! I flew about 60 times that year and the rest were fine. Crazy thing was it was just one giant attack with no cycle.

• Like 1