Update

solace409

You guys are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!  I had shadows throughout the night then it started to break through this morning.  I drank a red bull... omigosh... it worked!!!!  I am forever grateful (have I said that already?) 

I also started the D3/cal/fish oil last night... as CHfather said... "why not?" on this.  Although just realized I bought "calcium carbonate" instead of "calcium citrate" but I saw that conversation somewhere and will look it up again to see if it's ok. (Head was still not clear last night)

My husband is going to help me with the oxygen.

And I'll be continuing with the diagnosis process.  I'm going to call about the Neuro and check into going to one of those on the list.  I had the MRI/CT scan on Friday last week so I'm guessing doc should have results... GP said he had to do this BEFORE referring to Neuro.  Guess Neuro will use this as well so doesn't matter.

I was in despair yesterday until all of you showed me there is hope in dealing with this.  I think the amount of despair correlates directly to amount of pain of that last attack!  Thank you for taking the time for me yesterday.

My latest fear is that one of my boys will develop this at some point... think I will look for info/stats on that here.  At least I know there is hope if they do.

There is some anecdotal evidence that this stuff does indeed run in families. Thats the reason our leader Bob started his mission from my understanding.

I hope and pray my kids don't get it, but if they do they will be much more educated about it.

Knowledge is power.

I'm glad you apparently have a good supporter in your husband. My wife saved my life...literally, by finding this place and the angels that work and play here ;)

Best wishes

Dan

Although just realized I bought "calcium carbonate" instead of "calcium citrate" but I saw that conversation somewhere and will look it up again to see if it's ok.

You should be fine with the calcium carbonate. It's less buffered than the citrate, so you should take it with food.  It might be good to have those other minerals (magnesium, zinc) if they're not part of the carbonate formulation you bought.

One thing you'll see if you're here for a while is that people with CH are in fact the primary "laboratories" where new treatments are tested, and most of what is known is the result of CHers "clinical trials" on themselves. In this case, the fellow who developed (or at least popularized) this D3 regimen, whose screen name is Batch, took calcium citrate.  So we choose not to wander too far from what he did.  It could be that the citric acid that's in citrate but not in carbonate has some benefit, along the lines of the recommended glasses of lemonade that Batch drinks.  All of that helps move your blood pH level from acidic to alkaline (yes, citric acid makes one more alkaline).  But if you have carbonate, I'd go with that, at least for now.  Some people have shown good results without any calcium supplements.

When the time comes, if it does, for seeds/shrooms or whatever, it's also good to recognize that the knowledge is more fully developed, but is still being more fully understood. You'll see discussions here, for example, about what substances might block the effectiveness of psychedelics, how many seeds or grams or tabs is a "good" dose, etc.  Most of these things are being figured out based on CHers' experience, not laboratory science.

That ongoing "experimentation" is one reason why the more that people stick around to report on their results, the better it is for everyone.

My husband is going to help me with the oxygen.
  My daughter gets very good results with a simple O2 delivery system: 12-15lpm and a breathing tube.  But many people are now reporting quicker aborts using the O2ptimask and a demand valve system.  The demand valve is not cheap (I'm thinking it's in the $350 range, but I'm not positive about that), but if you can afford it, it could be a good long-term investment.  Similarly, for a relatively little additional money you can get a higher-flow regulator, which also seems like a wise investment.  There's information about where to get these things at the bottom of that "Oxygen Page" of mine (that I sent you a link to yesterday) in the Clusterbuster Files section of this board.

Glad you're doing better!

I will absolutely be sticking around!!!  I forgot to mention in the update that I did order the seeds.  Will post anything relevant to help others.

I actually feel guilty about getting all this help so early on when others have suffered so much.  You only have to feel that pain once to know that this will ruin your life/your husband's life/your kids' lives if you cannot find treatment that helps.  I still can't believe people have lived with this for years!!! I seriously do not know how... 

Yea, I think my buddy Bejeebers is 30 plus years in. Unbelievable.

There are folks with decades of experience here. Maybe a thousand years collectively. Wow, I have never thought of that before.

No doctor can touch what this board has to offer. No disrespect to those doctors who "get it".  BostonHeadache doc and Dr J in particular. :)

Dan