New Guy in town.

fireface

Hi Folks... Although I've referred to this site for the past few years.. I just signed up yesterday as a new member. THANK you everyone for all the good information. I just had a good read on the Scientific page about the mechanics behind CH and the affect Psychedelics, with what still sounds like limited research, has on the process. I'm the kind of guy that likes to know... at least something...about what I'm doing and why. I guess the 64k question still is : How did the Hypothalamus get deranged in the first place ? At any rate... I'm going for the re-boot with shrooms. Thanks  in advance for all your support.... I know you all will be there..... Dave from Mi.

Hey Dave,

No idea how my hypothalamus got deranged. The rest of me is perfect 8-)

Glad to have you on the board and I was glad to get your call yesterday. I hope things get better for you soon, as I'm confident they will.

Dan(Lee Ann's slightly deranged husband) ;)

Ps I did have a teacher once refer to me as being deranged. :o.  Wait a minute...he called me exasperating, not deranged. I am ranged except for that one little tiny body part ;D

hey Dave,

just a supporter here, but wishing you the best as you bust!! Keep reading and posting any questions you have!! I read in a different post of yours that you are chronic, so I just wanted to encourage you to put on those boxing gloves and be ready to go a few rounds with the beast, he doesn't fall that easy - but I know with patience and knowledge from this board, you will be able to deliver him that KO he got coming to him!!!

Hugs,

DG

Thanks Guys.... I have to admit... I'm a little more then nervous... I haven't fed my head since Surrealistic Pillow back in the late 60's.... Deep breaths ... you can do it. It's what the doctor ordered... Maybe I'll paint a mural on the back of my garage that day...

Good. You will fit right in. I was diagnosed with cluster back in December 2009 and I have had a daily HA (headache) ever since. I do not have as severe a case as many here but I would consider my condition chronic. I tried busting with shrooms around May of last year. My dose ranged from 1g to 2.5g and I busted around 6 times over about an 8 week period. The general rule of thumb is to dose every 7 days if you can. How many doses depends on your response. Everyone is different and there are no set rules. For me, the shrooms did about the same job as any prescribed med that may work for an individual. They kept the HA from becoming unbearable. I still maintained daily shadows but I was dealing with it ok. Just to add to what I've said, and as you know, traditional meds may work for a bit, then they stop or the side effects become intolerable. Due to personal circumstances, back in Oct last year, I dropped off tis board for a while. My daughter became ill and had to spend some time in the hospital. I was off all meds at the time and had to resort to narcotics to get me thru that period. Fast forward to late March this year, I had been on inderal...worked then stopped, indomethicine...gave me the runs. Then they wanted to put me on tricyclic antidepressant. I said no thanks. I stayed on the anti-inflammatory as long as I could bare it, all the while I was looking for LSD. I had come to the conclusion that I no longer liked the shroom high. That just me. I had used acid recreationally in the past and found it more effable. Plus I had read that it may be more effective. I finally found some and you can read my post under "Share you busting stories" entitled "Busting 16 month cycle with LSD". This latest busting session has convinced me that it does work. I am still in the process of figuring out what success really means to me and how often I may need to bust. Some folks kill the beast with a minimal number of busts. Others have to bust very often and find their optimum dose. The word is chronics are harder to bust.

I wish you the best of luck kind sir. There are folks here with a lot more knowledge and experience than me so tap in to it.

And while you're at it, enjoy the bust. Dust off that old Airplane record and give a spin  ;D

Scott

A little background... I started when I was fifty...3 years after I retired... Had a high stress job and when I started ..it was vacation every day...maybe that had something to do with it..Smoked more...Drank more ??? Don't know. First couple of attacks were on the left side...scared the hell out of me..for last 8 years..most have been on the right side. My GP & I tried to figure out what it was...Thought at first it was Trigeminal Neuralgia...and finally discovered CH after 3 years of research...I'm not as bad as some of you all... it's Chronic with periods... about once a year... of Major episodic periods lasting weeks to months. Interestingly, when it goes into ...what I call a frenzy...they are on the left side...and they are a deep burn...worse...if you can imagine ..then the right side. I know you guys have all experienced and heard these stories...Every year it goes on...I VOW to do something about it. I've done all the drugs, Chiropractor, holistic crap... This year I'm GOING to bust. Thanks for listening..... Dave

It is interesting that yours switch sides, not unheard of, from what I understand, but still on the rarer side of CH.

I know you guys have all experienced and heard these stories

Everyones experience is unique and sharing all you can really helps us understand you and helps us to give you better suggestions for your situation. We all learn from eachother  :)

A question for all the finely aged patrons on the board (and there are MANY  ;D):

it's Chronic with periods... about once a year... of Major episodic periods lasting weeks to months

is this what is considered, or spoken of, as "high cycle"?

Take Care Dave,

DG

Hi DG... After reading through some of the posts.. is does look like the term I use as frenzy is "high cycle". Might take me awhile to catch on the the lingo... I'm still trying to figure out BOL... I'm pretty sure it's not " Be On the Lookout"

Dave

Hi DG... After reading through some of the posts.. is does look like the term I use as frenzy is "high cycle". Might take me awhile to catch on the the lingo... I'm still trying to figure out BOL... I'm pretty sure it's not " Be On the Lookout"

Dave

It's a drug that isn't available to us yet...but hopefully will be one day. It's non-hallucinogenic LSD.

Mystina

Good stuff... Mystina & Ron.. I'm going to BOL for BOL.. "Be On the Lookout" for "2-Bromo-LSD".... Too bad Entheogen isn't a public company... I'd be buying some of their stock...

When I first found this site, a few years ago, I was a little skeptical about the claims of relief from LSD or Shrooms, but the more research I did, outside of this site, the more I became convinced it may work. The question then was... where does Joe average find this stuff ? Entheogen can provide the solution. You guys have helped "Joe Average"

Thanks...Dave 

I forgot to mention, I love your name. It gave me a smile when I saw it.

Cause it sure as hell FEELS like that sometimes!

I also forgot to welcome you on that post. Sorry about that. Been a bit out of it. O_o;

So Welcome! :D

Mystina

PS- That crazy dude gave me a headache when I read it. I just sat there going "WTF?"