New Guy in town.

fireface

I did my first dose this morning in an attempt to break a horrendous cycle I've been in the last couple of months. I joked about it over on the share your stories board but since deleted it as it wasn't really a joking matter. Detox was hard...had to endure 5 k8's last night because I was going to dose this morning... The experience was alright... frankly, I would have preferred to skip to whole Hallucinogenic & nauseous thing... seems to be working so far...I can feel it trying to come out ..but it hasn't yet...I'm exhausted...concerned about trying to sleep and have that trigger an attack that will break through the dose. Talked to Hipshot and he suggested go for it while I can...Have o2 coming tomorrow w/optimask...hopefully that will hold me over until next dose....sign me up for BOL.

Thanks for listening... Dave

Well you know, we all need to sleep. After a dose you may feel exhausted, it can certainly be an exhausting experience in many different ways. When i dose i always look forward to wake up after a good nights sleep. There`s a good chance of feeling much better, and sometimes even refreshed. If you get some activity, it doesn`t mean it doesn`t work. Post dose hits are not unusual, but not everyone get them. But either way it`s worth it for the result you get in the end. Post dose hits, for me, has been less and less over time. Don`t be afraid of getting some sleep, it`s not the beast who`s in control anymore you know :)

PainFreeWishes from me

Tingeling

Not good...tried to sleep... got hit within the first 1/2 hour with a 5/6...two hours later a shadow...just had a 7...I'll never make it through the night...going to have to do an Amerge. That will give me about 5 hours sleep....this doesn't feel like it's going to stop. I was doing pretty good the last few weeks...down to 1,2,3 hits a day...I may have rebounded from stopping the meds to detox. Last couple of days have really ramped up. I got about 6 hours relief from the dose...but noway was I going to sleep during that.

Dave

Hey Scott...

Actually doing pretty good today..no hits yet..I did do an Amerge (Triptan) last night and slept all night. In retrospect I don't think I was stable enough to dose. The more I read the more I realize the difficulty of busting during a chronic high cycle...should have waited for things to settle down a little more. Probably wasted that dose, but it let me know what to expect. I don't have a scale..I just took what I had ready..threw them in a blender w/frozen orange/pineapple juice..mixed them up and swiged it. I had 10 average size shrms..8 dryed/2 fresh..guesstimated 1.5 to 2 g's. According to a scale I saw..I hit level 3 buzz. Things were warping and curving. I went out and jumped on the lawn mower and ran the sea of grass. Had the headset radio on.. I't was pretty cool... I just wasn't that into it because I was in such bad shape leading up to it. I'm going to regroup and give it another shot when I'm not taking hit after hit.

Thanks for asking, Man

Dave

Forgot to add...I did get o2 today...big H tank, but they didn't send the o2ptimask with it just the regular cheesy one..I ordered the optimask today. Haven't had any luck with o2 in the past...hopefully the optimask will make the difference.

I am not the most experienced one here, but some would advise that you give it 5-7 days, see how you are, then dose again. Then maybe again in another 5-7 days. A chronic case can be hard to bust so you may have to get aggressive on the beast. Then again, some have success after one dose or two. Everyone responds differently. Some are of the opinion that you should stretch it out between doses until e HA really starts cranking. On the other hand, why suffer with pian if you have the dosing materials handy? It's an experiment that you will have to figure out what works for you. I am sure others will chime in here.

For those headphones, I would highly recommend The Grateful Dead's "Anthem Of The Sun" for your next bust ;D

Good luck!

Scott

Yeah, wait 5-7 days to see how you do. For some people, relief isn't instant. I've saw a lot of people say it takes them 3 days or so to be able to see if it's worked for them.

The o2ptimask is SO much better than the little puny ones.

It worked better for me than the regular ones did. 02 doesn't work on me very well though. But I could tell a huuuuge difference.

Good luck!

Mystina

My son never did get the O2 to work. Tried everything: the right mask, demand valve, personal instruction from the pros, the works. Nothing worked. That's true for very, very few people. The OptiMask will make an enormous difference, you'll see. It may take a while, but you'll find something or some combination of things that will work for you both to prevent and abort your HA's. If and when that/they stop(s) working, you'll find another. You're in the right place. Read as much as you can. You're gonna be fine. For sure.

Here is my method:

Grind the measured dose of shrooms in a coffee grinder or chop them as fine as possible if you don't have a grinder. If using a grinder, make sure it is completely dry before use. Bring one cup water to a rolling boil. Remove pot from burner and toss in the shrooms (which should now be powder) and one of those flavored vitamin C packets. Stir it a little and let it steep for at least 20 minutes. Pour through a strainer into a cup, discard the sludge (won't be much since it's a powder) and toss the cup into the fridge to chill. Drink when ready.

This really cuts down on the nausea. And remember to toss in the shrooms AFTER boiling. Heating the shrooms on the stove will boil the alkaloids out.

Works every time for me and you lose no effect by discarding the sludgy shrooms. The vitamin C packet gives it a very nice flavor.

Scott

I once ate 5 dried grams..just chewed them up. Tripped like a bandit and had gastro difficulties trying to digest the material. As intense as the trip was, the last thing I needed was a serious rumbly in my tummy! Seems at higher doses, nausea it almost inevitable but the tea method greatly minimizes it IMO.

Thanks Guys..I'll try a combo of the above next time...still feel like I want to puke... hopefully it's worth it. I just mixed them up in the blender with 1/2 can of OJ...wasn't bad going down...

5 grams Scott ???? I would have exited the universe as we know it...nausea would have been for mere mortals.

Dave