Issues Responding With Mobile

BoscoPiko

6 hours ago, spiny said:

The lift-assist harness is awesome!

Hey @spiny, yes the harness is a huge help!

6 hours ago, spiny said:

Did she hog the bed all night?

You know it! That girl wont budge and sleeps sideways:rolleyes: Oh how I wish it was a real bed... We are currently sleeping in the dining room on a bunch of mattress toppers-_- Our house was built in the 80's when it was cool to have a drop down into the living room which is a no-go at the moment for Abby. I feel like I just spent the night camping in a poorly scouted spot atop a bunch of rocks!

• Haha 4

Boy, a 3' dog can take up 6' feet without even stretching!! :rolleyes: And they do claim the whole bed too by going sideways!

Hubby's dog used to holler to go out in the snow to pee at night. He would get up, open the door, walk across the porch to open that door and find the dog gone! Back in his bed, in the middle and growling when he tried to get back in it himself!! At was a game to the dog. :D It was worse if he actually went out, because he did the same thing, but with snowy feet and tummy. Nice cold wet bed then! 

Buy an air mattress maybe? Those rocks are miserable!! :( 

How long will this need to continue?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, spiny said:

Buy an air mattress maybe? Those rocks are miserable!! :( 

How long will this need to continue?

I started with an air mattress but Bosco decided to sharpen his nails on it<_< Abby has gotten supper crowdy since being hurt so if we are on it, she wants on it and would try and jump which is a no no after this recent surgery. They say the recovery period is around 8-weeks.. They did detect cushing's disease in her blood work which is most likely the cause of the tendon giving way. We had to do a imprint cast of her leg and send it in for an orthotic boot that she will need to wear for up to a year.. Here is what it looks like:

6297b94f7e5a7c72213e501f_Jessie-Swanson-completed-evice-duplicate-2-768x1024.jpeg

• Like 2

That sucks about the mattress. I'm hoping that with your 'Abby Doo comes first' that she recovers quicker than anticipated too!! 

Hmmm, another 6-7 weeks. Order one of those beds in a box delivered. The kind you can 'use for a year and return if you don't love it'!! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, spiny said:

That sucks about the mattress. I'm hoping that with your 'Abby Doo comes first' that she recovers quicker than anticipated too!! 

Hmmm, another 6-7 weeks. Order one of those beds in a box delivered. The kind you can 'use for a year and return if you don't love it'!! :rolleyes:

You and me both @spiny.. I wanted to clean my house up today so I proceeded as normal. No sooner had I changed the sheets than Abby decided to finally poop after five days.  FML.. All is ok. deep breath... I'm spent.... 

• Sad 2

• 3 months later...

Hey @Bejeeber,

She is finally out of the cast as of last week and into the boot! She is getting around on it pretty darn well. She will have to stay in the boot for at least six months but it is so much better than a cast. She now uses a ramp to get on our bed. Yes.... a REAL bed! We are big timing it now days:P

• Like 2

A lil' boot can't hold Abby back! :D Congrats on somehow making it through to the real bed promised land!

I'm familiar with the bed-ramp-for-dog routine, and it's nice when you can occasionally decommission the contraption, "raise the drawbridge" style, at times when no dawgs are welcome. That sure can peeve them off though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bejeeber said:

A lil' boot can't hold Abby back! :D

Nope it sure can't! We take her to 3 or 4 parks a day so she gets some out and about time even if she isn't willing to get out of the car yet. We have the back of the rover set up just for her. She is an old gal but deserves her last few years to be happy ones.20230523_174943.thumb.jpg.542695edf459dce65bed3c0eb8d5aed9.jpg

20230523_174742.jpg

20230523_174948.jpg

• Like 1

Her dog friends come by to visit her at her deluxe mobile accommodations!

It'll be great day when she decides she's ready to exit the vehicle and do some park roamin'. She's a beauty, nice gray muzzle and all.

• Like 1