What is your typical cycle length?

Gunner

New to the forum. Not happy to be here. Was wondering how long everyones typical cycle lasts. Im 14 weeks in, my last CH was about 2 weeks ago. Still getting 4-5 very mild (what I think are shadows) pains lasting maybe 10 seconds. Am I in the clear?  Little bit about my ordeal if you care to read on.  Diagnosed with CH at 41yrs old. No CH in the past 13yrs until October this past year. I remember 13yrs ago the same thing lasting only a few weeks. I didnt realize until now it could have been my first cycle. Started back up this fall. Woke up with a bad headache more of a tension headache all day with mild pain in the areas. The beast came day 2 in the evening. It seemed to go in 2 week intervals. 2hrs first 2-3  weeks, then down to over an hour for 2-3 weeks then to 45 and down to 25min. Intensity followed a similar pattern. Around 8 weeks they went back up over an hour for a week then down to 20min. 70% of my CH were between 8-10pm. I would get random breaks and go 1 day without CH, get hit then 2 days without, get hit... up to 4 days. This happened twice. Recently went 6 days with only shadows then had a very mild CH. I'm over 2 weeks since then with only shadows. Do the shadows ever go away? Looking forward to a cold beer. I feel for everyone on this forum, people just dont understand until you've experienced one. Nice to talk to others in my shoes. 

• Like 3

I suggest some caffeine or ginger for those shadows. Either can rid you of the annoyance of having one. Some use Excedrin Migraine as it has caffeine in it. 

I had a long reprieve too - ten years. Since their return, my cycles have been 6 months long. Unless someone dosed me with epinephrine and that prolonged two cycles - adding an extra two months to each. 

The beer test? I wait for two weeks pain free to go there, but that is me. Others will try it sooner with different degrees of success.

ATB!!!

3 hours ago, spiny said:

I suggest some caffeine or ginger for those shadows. Either can rid you of the annoyance of having one. Some use Excedrin Migraine as it has caffeine in it. 

I had a long reprieve too - ten years. Since their return, my cycles have been 6 months long. Unless someone dosed me with epinephrine and that prolonged two cycles - adding an extra two months to each. 

The beer test? I wait for two weeks pain free to go there, but that is me. Others will try it sooner with different degrees of success.

ATB!!!

Thanks for the advice! 6 months I cant imagine. Think I was lucky having the intensity fade after 6 weeks or so

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kat_92 said:

@Gunner

Wow a 13 year remission period sounds like a little slice of heaven. I would say you are on the right track, mild attacks or shadows after a few weeks of hell might mean the end of a cycle for you. I’m hoping this is the case for you! 

Thanks for the response. Very much appreciated