Amplified Shadows or Mild Attack?

BoscoPiko

I can’t really tell what’s been going on for the past 3 days with regard to my head pain. Most that have chatted with me here and there, know that I’ve had bad issues with constant shadows. The past few days have been different though. The pain is unlike my normal dull, continuous and in the background pain. It is more like surges of pain on my CH side, not nearly as bad as a full-blown attack, but seriously uncomfortable. The surges come at about the speed/rate of an attack but are muted in comparison. The pain doesn’t feel to me to be shadow like but at the same time not worthy of being considered an attack. Is it possible that the pain is a muted attack of sorts? Or do shadows morph like the stupid cluster bunny? Always on que to drop fun bombs? My sleep schedule that I adhere to like Gospel has had to take a hike for a bit after my Abby Doo’s surgery so I am up at random hours to give pain meds etc. when needed. Maybe that accounts for the change? I am past due for RC dosing and maybe let my maintenance dosing with them slip. Anyhow I am just curious if anyone else has experienced this and what measures they have taken to quash it.?

When I have shadows, they often tend to be the same 'ol right behind the eyeball routine, same as real CH hit, but mild in comparison.

With those there can be a fine and tricky line whether to consider them shadows or mild attacks though, right? For me, if they last more than 3-4 hours I feel I can legit label them as shadows.

1 hour ago, BoscoPiko said:

I am past due for RC dosing

Now Im getting a lil' worried, because what you're describing would be warning signs for a cycle wanting to rear up for me. Hopefully different for you, but I'd sure be trying to find a way to prioritize a bust. Granted that sounds tuff trying to sleep through RC with the whole Abby situation, but maybe we can take a vote here whether you hubby could be asked to hold down the Abby fort one night while you luxuriate in the spacious regular bed with some RC. I vote yes. Not sure who might despise that scenario more though, poor Abby or the poor hub. :D

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Bejeeber said:

whether you hubby could be asked to hold down the Abby fort one night while you luxuriate in the spacious regular bed with some RC. I vote yes. Not sure who might despise that scenario more though, poor Abby or the poor hub. :D

Mind read much? We just came to an agreement to rotate. Got some seeds soaking and eating a bit of dinner. Got Abby squared with meds and what not and its time to down the yuck and make a play for sound sleep!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Shaun brearley said:

@BoscoPikoI feel sorry for your hubby . He know has 2 to look after !!! 

Don't worry @Shaun brearley,

He knows the drill. All he has to do is manage to not worry as there is nothing else he can do if I'm getting hit. I am hopeful that I caught the creeper in time! Fingers, toes and all crossable extremities crosses! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bejeeber said:

"all crossable extremities" - watch out, @BoscoPiko, that's another one of your contributions I'll likely be adopting use of. :lol:

Forgot to tell you that I most definitely will be using your "sucktastic" brilliant word combo posted on a different thread the other day:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, BoscoPiko said:

Don't worry @Shaun brearley,

He knows the drill. All he has to do is manage to not worry as there is nothing else he can do if I'm getting hit. I am hopeful that I caught the creeper in time! Fingers, toes and all crossable extremities crosses! 

@BoscoPikoMine are crossed , I will even cross my eyes :blink: for you 

• Like 4

Ok. I'm up for few hours now and betting that you are better today Bosco!! :) 

The mess up of your sleep schedule is likely the devil in the soup, along with missing a dose. It is hard, but ya gotta hang on to that stuff during stressful times. I am super guilty of blowing it off and paying a price, so I have had to learn this lesson a few times myself. 

May you wake to a new start with a smile today Bosco!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spiny said:

ya gotta hang on to that stuff during stressful times

I admit that I sure did toss all routine out the window with everything that's been going on (rooky move on my part)!

3 hours ago, spiny said:

betting that you are better today Bosco!!

Yes I am feeling better especially after the dosing and REAL BED:D

• Like 3

Nice to read this Bosco! A good nights sleep can work wonders as we all know here! 

Very happy for your step back from the pits of hell!! :wub:

Yes, it is easy to lose track of your CH requirements when there is worry and there are health issues in the house. But I'm pretty sure that you will better keep up with it the next time. Practice and all that..........

Here's a funny for you May be an image of cat and text that says 'Albert got an owie. Albert got shaved and the cone of of shame. Albert IS not having the best day'

• Haha 3