Right side / left side. . .and why?

Lieutenant2

I'm sure this topic has been broached before, but I'd like to dig it up for some new perspective. Is there a prevalent side for these things? I've heard of righties, and lefties, and also of this thing changing sides on people. . .but are the majority of us suffering CH on one side moreso than the other?

If so, why? Is it dependant on the routing of the trigemenal nerve? The biological finction of that half of the brain? Hemispheric dominance, maybe?

Most of my work is done by the right side of my brain, and that's where my CH lives. I'm wondering if there's any pattern? Do you know your dominant hemisphere, and if so, does it match your CH side?

This link has an overly-simplified brain hemishpere quiz. . .it's not the most scientific thing in the world, but it's a decent predictor in 2 minutes or less. Would people mind chiming in with their dominant brain hemisphere and their CH side? I'm curious.

http://www.web-us.com/brain/braindominance.htm

Interesting results already. . .

Mystina, if you don't mind me asking. . .what percentage of the questions were left vs right? Mine is an obvious 3-15 on this. Are you closer to a 10-8? If you are the type that wants a third choice, it may be because your brain hemispheres are close to equal partners. And you get clusters on both sides. Hmmmmmmmm. . .

Interesting indeed!

I responded right brained to 9 questions, and left brained to nine questions.  According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, I use my left brain the most.

I was diagnosed in 2000 as primary chronic (chronic from day 1).  My CH has always been on the left side with no switches.

bobb

Interesting results already. . .

Mystina, if you don't mind me asking. . .what percentage of the questions were left vs right? Mine is an obvious 3-15 on this. Are you closer to a 10-8? If you are the type that wants a third choice, it may be because your brain hemispheres are close to equal partners. And you get clusters on both sides. Hmmmmmmmm. . .

I completely missed the part where it said how many questions on each side of the brain so I re-took it today. I think my answers were the same.

It says I'm completely left brained. I think I might take the test again when my pressure isn't up, because I also realized, I think differently during those times.

Hmmmm. . .well, at least this seems to disprove my theory, at least partially. There doesn't seem to be any concrete link between CH side and dominant hemisphere in the brain. Which seems like a simple thing, but I find it helpful. . .this kinda points to the notion that the malfunction that causes CH doesn't have a direct link to cognitive function, and that it probably is isolated to the HPA axis.

So, that being said. . .why in the hell do some of us get hit on the right, and some on the left? What determines that?