could I have mushrooms growing in my back yard?

Gump

I found some kind of mushrooms in my yard this morning but don't know what they are. I've only recently seen pictures on the net of the magic ones, never in real life. Maybe God put them out there for me to fight the beast with!? I have pictures of them but not sure how to post them; or if that's even possible. But I'll try............

From my prior reading there are hundered and hundereds of different types of mushrooms (if not thousands).  MOST have some level of poison in them and very few are actually psycho active or edible.  Some poisonous mushrooms look exactly like edible mushrooms.  If you do venture, I'd make 2,000% they're the correct ones.  Since many different types of mushrooms look the same, I would have no idea how you could properly type them w/o spore prints or a biologist identifying them.

Most wild mushrooms found growing in lawns are called toad stools and are definitely poisonous.

Don't mean to be a let down, just don't want you poisoning yourself.

Jeff

I don't really think they are the ones I'm interested in, but it's kinda funny that I saw em there. Never noticed any like that n the 7 years we've lived here. However, they are growing down by the Bon fire ring where my oldest son always has shin digs with his friends! Maybe one of them boys had some spores on his shoes :-?

I sort of feel like an idiot for even starting this thread now. I've been getting hit in the afternoon mainly but all day today. Went through 2 E tanks of O2 just since this morning. Starting to feel desperate.

The good news is I haven't had a single night time hit since I started the D3 regimen.

F

Thanks for the replies and thanks for listening to me wine. Gump

Gump,

Something someone told me once, is to always ask questions.  You'd be suprised as to how many people don't know something, are curious or need an answer, but are too afraid to ask.  I think everyone here would say the same, but you're among friends, so ask away!

Before my RC bust a few days ago I was tearing through the O2 E tanks like you.  Sorry to hear you're having a bad time of it.  Have you ordered seeds? or working on fungus for your treatment? 

Jeff

Jeff, thanks for the support. No I havent ordered seeds yet, where do you recommend I get them from?

Ive read a little on growing the fungus but I'm hopeful this cycle will end before it would be ready to use anyway. But I think I may go ahead and try the seeds. The smell/ taste of the O2 is getting nauseating to me. So thankful that I've slept through the night the last several nights, that has helped a lot.

Whereabouts do you live?  Some places (like the northeast US where I live) just get too cold for the mushy's to live through the winter, but other areas, even in the US, are perfect.  My friend who lives in Florida swears he regularly would collect trash bags full (literally!) off of manure in cow pastures...Seems like they would replenish themselves every day. 

A couple links that might help...

http://www.shroomery.org/6235/Mushroom-Hunting-FAQ

http://www.shroomery.org/8446/Getting-Started

And maybe a little Edutainment...The Hunt for Wild Magic Mushrooms parts 1-4

Happy Hunting!

Ricardo,

Thanks for the links. I live in southern Indiana and while the shoomery listed 3 types that grow here, it appears that the ones I found are poison ( I'd have to go back to look at the name of it and that hard to do while posting with an IPod). Good thing I didn't start eating them yesterday, although I guess they might have ended this misery, permanently :(

Gump

I feel for you.  I know how hard it is to deal with this when you're not getting the relief you need.  It seems like you're on the right track, with the D regimen, the oxygen and trying to get off the narcotics.  But if anyone knows how much it sucks to be going through all the motions and not get relief it's me, I really sympathize....If I didn't have my shrooms I would probably be a basket case (some people may feel I got there years ago :)  )

My advice...Forget about the wild shrooms, unless you're taking a trip somewhere warmer.  The three species that shroomery mentions for your area are not very potent and hard to identify (although one seems really cool and grows in my area, the Gymnopolis Spectablis or "laughing Jim"--it somehow has kavalatone like chemicals in it besides the psilocybin-------I've been on the hunt for a while :)  )

So what can you do?  Right away, I would take the steps to start growing them.  In the meantime get some seeds.  I'll send you a PM with my usual sources.  Try the seeds soaked in water, if that doesn't help enough, try soaking them in cold Peppermint tea.  That will turn the LSA into LSH, and unless it's placebo, it seems to help me more than the LSA.

The biggest thing to remember, is that most of us were in really bad places when we joined this site.  Even if you don't find your silver bullet for the beast, it seems like just being here and getting support has helped a lot of us.

-Ricardo

BTW--have you had your testosterone levels tested?  It's a simple blood test that's helped some of us.

Expert Mycologists can be fooled; positive ID of mushrooms most frequently involves spore prints and meticulous physical examination.

Mushroom poisoning is insidious. For example, Amanita Palloides (death cap) kind of resembles other species when small. Ingestion will make you (flu-like) sick for a day or two and then you feel better. Four days later, the toxins are disassembling your liver and by the time you notice it it is too late. Untreated it is fatal the vast majority of the time. (Ergo the name).

Doctors in the US are largely helpless since they can't employ the only known effective remedy to Amanita poisoning, which is tincture of Milk Thistle. It reduces mortality when used to less than half.

Anyone dealing with mushrooms would be wise to remember this remedy. It is also extremely useful in hepatitis (all), cirrhosis, etc. as it actively encourages regrowth of destroyed liver tissue.

This is my favorite example of Doctors handcuffed by an ineffective and repressive establishment. Its not like its experimental; the research is extensive and this herb is in clinical use in more enlightened places like Germany.

I been on the hunt the last two autumns. This year i already look forward to autumn, to go hunt. It`s really interesting. Where i live, i go for the one that is easiest to identify. When i started i made prints of every single one to learn. It`s fun work, but we have to be very careful. There`s allot of things to think of when hunting shrooms.

Thank you everyone for all the info!

My wife ordered 100 rc seeds for me today. I figured on using 25 per dose so I could have 4 doses if needed. They could be here tomorrow.

Farming is definitely in my future.

I feel like the D3 regimen is having some effect. I started out taking 10200IU (counting what the cal/cit has in it) each morning. Had HA's during the day but not at night. Then Tuesday evening I thought I'd up my dose and took 5k IU more. Had 3 bad hits that night and 3 yesterday before noon. Yesterday and today, I've only taken 6200 IU of the D3 and I've been PF for 38.5 hours now [smiley=thumbsup.gif]. Think I'll stick to that for a few days to see how that works out.

Gump, are you also doing the Omega-3 fish oil (3K-5K mg/day with meals)?  I think if you're gonna do this D3 regimen, you probably want to do it all.  And a lot of people swear by the addition of a glass of lemonade/limeade with breakfast and dinner.

I'm not one to prescribe, and I don't think anyone really knows what RC dosages are optimal, but I think you might want to take more than 25 after your first dose, even as much as 50.  As I've mentioned here, my daughter was quite happy where she ended up, which was 60.  In any event, if you decide to take more on your second dose, you'll have time to order additional seeds for your third.

We're rooting for you!

Chfather, that's a Roger on the omega 3 fish oil and the lemon aid. Started it all at the same time. Thanks for the dosage info, 50 seeds it will be.

Question

If I dose with 50 seeds at say 9 pm at night, is there any reason i wouldn't be able to work my 12 hour shift starting at 8 am the next morning?

If I dose with 50 seeds at say 9 pm at night, is there any reason i wouldn't be able to work my 12 hour shift starting at 8 am the next morning? 

I agree with Ting that it's highly unlikely that your nighttime dosing will have any effect by the next morning.  As she also says, the post-dose hits can be troublesome, and can come at different times than you're used to.  My daughter got a mid-day doozy the day after her first dose--first and only time she ever got hit mid-day.

And again, I don't want to overcomplicate this, but it is often suggested that your first dose might be smaller than what you'll take later.  Small doses can and do work (I'm not sure that there's a correlation between dose size and effectiveness, as long as you've taken enough to get the LSA stuff into your system), and they give you the chance to see how a dose affects you.

Sorry to be so iffy, but it's the nature of the dosing challenge with seeds.

Ok, seeds came today. The shaman is fast! I got home from work at about 9pm and crushed 30 of them, they are soaking right now. At 1130, I plan to drink it down in one shot ( accidently, of course, cause every one knows they aint for human consumption) , chase it with my nightly lemonade, then go to bed. I'll be taking 2 extra E tanks to work with me in the morning to battle with if needed.

Thanks again for all the support, info, and well wishes. You all are great.

Gump