trying to bust

Geisha

Hey,

I am have been suffering CH since 2001, I am currently experiencing the longest cycle I have ever had. It has been 12 weeks now, my normal cycle only lasts for around 4-6 weeks.

After reading as much as I can on this site and others (as well as a chance viweing of the nat geo documentory), I decided I would try busting. The main problem for my location in Auatralia. I envy those of you in North America and Europe! It is not easy & illegal to order RC or HWR seeds here in Western Auatralia. This was my preferred option and I would appreciate any feedback from those who have been able to obtain them here. Mushrooms also seem very hard to obtain in this part of the world.

I was able to obtain lsd, and administered this to myself  in small doses (approximately 1/3) for 3 doses giving myself 1 week in between each dose.  Although I did experience some improvement getting up to 3 nights CH free, the beast is still with me I am still battling a horrible cycle.

I am now considereding asking my doctor to prescribe me 02.

I am currently relying on Sumatriptan for releif in an attack and I am considering starting to take Inderal which my doctor precsribed as a preventative however I have been avoiding taking this as it made me feel very tired last cycle.

Would love any feedback on what I may be doing wrong and what I could do in the future to bust this cycle which seems like it does not want to let up.

Thanks! 

O2, O2, O2 - Almost unanimous as the #1 abortive.  No fuzzy head at all, like Imitrex and many others.  I wouldn't wait and subject yourself to any more pain than necessary.

I believe the LSD dose is too low and may be why it's not kicked your cycle down.  I'll defer to others here that have more experience with LSD though.

I wasn't aware the NatGeo documentary was out yet? 

PF wishes to you,

Jeff

Appreciate that Jeff, yeah I think O2 is going to be my next option for sure. I probably should not have waited this long!

The NatGeo ducumentory was on the one on lsd, and had a section on the use of Bromo for CH.

Thanks

Geisha, we all hope that things are going to turn better for you soon.  If your doctor hasn't already prescribed oxygen, it's a little worrisome in terms of his/her level of understanding of CH.  Please be prepared not just to ask for it, but to insist on it in any way you can.  Sometimes during a cycle people with CH aren't at their strongest, so you might consider having someone come with you to the doctor to advocate forcefully for you.  There's a lot of information about oxygen, some of which you might want to provide to your doctor in advance of your next appointment (or at the appointment), here: http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1299901790

Geisha I concur with Jeff that your dose may have been too low.

Can you tell us what level of trip or effect you felt while under the influence of the LSD?

I'm afraid I'm not exactly an expert re: busting either, but my impression is that when you're in the middle of a cycle, you may have to dose higher to get results.

Are you currently using imitrex in the injection form? Asking because if you haven't seen this tip on how to stretch your doses, it's proven to be a critical tip for many:

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/imitrex.html

Also did you detox from the imitrex for at least 5 days before trying the LSD? Imitrex will interfere with the busting, but of course O2 won't, and that makes O2 all the more valuable for us.

Jeff - there's already been one Nat Geo on the subject of LSD - and it was partly about LSD and BOL for CH. The one Hipshot will be starring in will be the second.  8-)

Thank you for the usefull info on O2 CHfather, this information from your expeiences is much appreciated. I am going to go to the doctor's to O2 prescibed and will print out the links provided as a reference.

Bejeeber - I have been on the tablet form of Imitrex, but I think you may be right that the mistake I made was not detoxing from the Imitrex 5 days before, I am hoping the O2 will help me to be able to do the full 5 day detox in my next busting attempt. The level of trip I felt from the dose of LSD was quite mild but still significant. The effects included mild hallucinations when I closed my eyes, increased colour with eyes open, insightfull thoughts and a slightly elevated mood (e.g. finding some things on TV quite funny).

I have been on the tablet form of Imitrex

Geisha, this might also speak to some shortcomings in your doctor's understanding of CH, since it's my understanding that imitrex pills do not act quickly enough to really help with CH (in contrast to injections).

Have you read about the vitamin D3 regimen that has helped a lot of people (though not everyone)?  It's something you can do while busting (though maybe you just want to get oxygen, detox from the meds that probably aren't helping you anyway, and then bust).  The D3 regimen is 10,000 international units per day of vitamin D3, taken with food; 2 or 3 calcium citrate tablets per day, with or without food.  Ideally, these tablets should also contain magnesium and zinc.  3,000-5,000 mg per day of Omega 3 fish oil, with food. That's it, except that many people find that a glass or two of lemonade per day with meals increases the effectiveness.  There's a long and winding thread on this topic at ch.com, but what I have told you are the basics. http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1291969416/0

At the least, you might want to try the preventive D3 regimen after you've ended this cycle--it's half of what I listed above.  It is working very well for many people.

What CHfather said about the imitrex tablets vs. the injections (or inhaler) and how your doctor appears to be some kind of lousy bonehead when it comes to CH (OK maybe he didn't word it exactly that way HA! :D ) and, well just everything CHfather said.  :)

Personally, I would go for the D3 regimen right now, as it's very low risk. Actually, personally I don't devour the fish oil since I'm vegetarian, but flax oil has a whole lot of the Omega 3 action goin' on.  8-)