Fundrasing/CB.com store thought/idea

When i first came here, a tad over a year ago, I was suprised to not see a "CB.com store" like CH.com has. Coffee cups shirts and so on with the logo on it.

I think it would be beneficial to the group if we had something similar to help boost funds for our cause.

People like to get something in return, and most are reluctant to donate. When you were a kid and sold candy bars door to door, people bought them and you raised money for the cause. The turnout is quicker with an item than just asking for a donation.

So what do you guys think? get a store going? shirts hats drinking glasses coffee cups, travel mugs, coasters, mouse pads, ashtrays, fridge magnets, key chains, ice bags, beach towels. . .  I mean it doesnt cost too much to make most of these things. Charge a fair price and profits end up in the fund for our research. Items are out to the public with our name on it. Consider it advertising.

I really think that a little store of some sort would boost proceeds respectively.

I know I would buy a shirt and a coffee cup with CB.com on it, would you?

AO

It is a good idea. Thanks for bringing it up.

We have talked about this in the past. We have actually sold a couple of different things over the years...

I had begun setting up an account with a company that deals in this sort of thing also.

Its always just been a matter of time....

and not having enough

Volunteers??

Bob

Bob W., you've helped me so much so I'd be happy to help you, just let me know what you'd like me to do.

Did you set up an account with a company that sells advertising specialties or with a company selling the products directly?

Bob B., how about setting up a dating site, clusterlove?  ;)

Ditto what Lynn said, I'm less than a mile from a post office, and I don't work. I would glimmer with pride and be honored to be a part of it any way I can.

I'm not fully understanding on how it would work, but if you need time I have plenty of that ;)

AO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Bob,  My sister has an embrodiery business.  Anyone that was at the OUCH Atlanta meeting got a goody bag with the OUCH logo on it.  Give me an idea of what "logo" you are looking at and I can get prices.  She can do shirts, hats and all kinds of stuff.  She does all of the Shriner stuff in Wichita Kansas.

Happy to help any way I can.

Louise

Bob W., you've helped me so much so I'd be happy to help you, just let me know what you'd like me to do.

Did you set up an account with a company that sells advertising specialties or with a company selling the products directly?

Bob B., how about setting up a dating site, clusterlove?  ;)

Has anyone thought of having a cafepress shop?  It's really cool, you can create a design, logo, etc.  It's print on demand, so you can choose from tshirts, coffee mugs, even boxers and panties ;D, pretty much any item you can think of.  You set the price at whatever you want above 'cost' and make the profit.  It'd be really cool to have 'contributors' submit different designs, etc, and have many to choose from. 

If this is of interest, I'd be happy to spend my time setting it up.  You guys check it out and let me know. 

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/index.aspx?area=openashop&page=openashop

I could see calendars doing really well.  You could end up with some really nice pics of Morning Glories, Rivea Corymbosa, Hawaiin Woodrose, and a whole bunch of mushroom strains.  I bet it would end up looking awesome and we'd have something everybody could buy once a year....

• 3 weeks later...

An update on this subject.

it is something that we have discussed and worked on previously. Building, marketing, purchasing, design and inventory of a "store" is a large undertaking. it has to be to be done in a way that shows a profit and not a waste of any valuable financial reserves.

That said, something like CafePress is one way to go. It does still take a lot of time setting it up to offer the right items, design logos, styles etc.

Volunteer time has to be used wisely therefore any undertaking has to be "worth it" so to speak.

I have spent quite a bit of time setting up a store at Cafepress prior to this topic arising again. it has been "in the works" but never finalized. One reason was making sure of logos that would be around a long time.

So, much of the groundwork has been done. I do believe that it is a good time to get it done and operational.

I appreciate those that have offered to help in this regard. There are a couple of people that that are involved in this already. I will speak with them and we will get going on it as soon as I get back from DC in early April.

I will then followup with those that are still interested in helping out.

Thank you all for looking for ways to expand our organization. The only way we've been able to grow as much as we have and been able to accomplish what we have, is by people stepping up and lending a hand. Even if Its just a matter of supporting our efforts, engaging others that need help, and giving life to our efforts and programs.

Thank you all,

Bob

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...