I got to meet Bob, Kaboom, Guissepi'n Brew (!)

Bejeeber

Live and in person at the Nashville OUCH conference today!  :o And plenty of other fine CH'ers and supporters  whom I previously knew only in cyber form.

Yep - and very unexpectedly even Kaboom(!!), hands down the most fabulous surprise attendee of the event, who told me something very AWESOME - she's gone 5 days in a row PF even while riding on planes!!  :) (Please forgive me Kaboom if I'm risking any jinxy-ish action by reporting this here  :o)

Bob (Wold, clusterbusters founder) was enthusiastically welcomed for one of his patented, well presented and seriously informative talks on BOL and clusterbustery stuff, and he was even presented with an award with great fanfare and applause for best research I think it was. I told him that I think there were some sort of anti-busting poltergeese in the room or something though, the only thing that could account for the big clusterbuster charts falling off of the walls during his talk.  :D

It was a GREAT day in in the clusterhood.   8-)

It was great to meet you, jeebs. Gonna try to take your advice and see some of tonight's open mic at The Station Inn for bluegrass night.

I didn't find out until it was too late who kaboom was - I helped her put those posters up on the wall (and a fine job we did - not).

I hope she's still around this morning so I can make amends.

I'm glad I got to meet you there too!  I had no idea what your real name was until you walked in and said "Hi! I'm Bejeeber!"

Bob Wold gave an outstanding presentation.  I learned a lot from him and am excited about the BOL prospects.

SandyC

Sandy! So good to meet you too - sorry, I lumped you in with the "other fine CH'ers" due to your huge 3,000 + post count where you've been helping people over on ch.com, which had me forgetting for a second there that like me you are bi-forum  :D, and are over here too! ;D

Yeah Bob has me all fired up about BOL - he sure makes a very good case, and I know so many of us are chomping at the bit for the next trials to get underway.

I practically came out of there chanting BOB! BOL! BOB! BOL!  ;D

And Jackie is one of the super nice OUCH'ers who even lent me her phone when mine broke.  :o

Thanks again Jackie, and looking forward already to the next time we can lounge around on the outdoor benches and blab it up.  8-)

Thank you, O.U.C.H., for putting together such a well planned and informative conference.

What an inspiration it was to meet members from O.U.C.H., Clusterheadaches.com, and Clusterbusters.com.  Such FABULOUS and caring individuals!

Jeebs, meeting you was one of the highlights of my whole trip!  It was an honor to give a big hug to the man who offers encouragement and support to so many here.  Jinx or no jinx, my head and I were in love all last week.  Tues - Sunday night was completely PF - and this was despite three flights.  This is the longest consecutive PF time I have had since fall of 2008.  ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! CH started again Sunday night almost the very minute I boarded the plane for my return flight home after the conference.  What are the odds?!?    

Brew - Great meeting you!  I will say that it's definitely a good thing our putting up the posters for Bob was done on a volunteer basis, because otherwise we probably would have been fired.  (for those that don't know - 2 of the 3 large posters fell down during Bob's presentation...oops!)

Bob Wold - Excellent job!  Your PowerPoint presentation on LSA, LSD, Psilocybin was very informative and the latest updates on BOL is promising.  We simply have to find a way to fund continued research on cluster headaches and BOL.  We must!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of the dedication and hard work you put into helping all of us.  I cannot wait to see you again and hear more BOL updates at the Clusterbuster conference in September.  Sorry about the posters falling...you'll have to talk to Brew about that.   ::)

Pictures of Bob Wold at the O.U.C.H. conference:

http://photobucket.com/fearlessleaderinaction

Thanks everyone, very much. The conference went very well. An excellent weekend for sure. More details on that later......

As to the posters, I should have known......I pair a couple of assistants......one a BREW,ery and someone that goes Kaboom.......and i shouldn't expect things to fall down??

At least my Powerpoint performed without a hitch.

Thanks to everyone that helped make for a fabulous weekend.

Bob

Hey Kaboom, is Matt everything I've dreamed of? :o

He was all of that...

and more. :)

Hey Kaboom, is Matt everything I've dreamed of? :o

Uh,  I would have to say, yeah!

He's a cutie!

(Are you blushing now, Matt?)

Sandy

He is a cutie!  He is a bit soft spoken though (I'm not THAT old and my hearing is just fine thankyouverymuch).

I had a wonderful time.

Looking forward to talking with you Bob.

Oh my darlin' Deltadarlin, a good thing about me and internet forums is that my notorious mumbling isn't as much of an issue as it is in person.  8-)

Something missing from me so far in this thread is a BIG thanks to you OUCH'ers who organized this shindig and pulled it off so well, and I know you were a real ringleader DeltaD!

The food was good too, although there was a bit of a generation gap that cropped up when a horde of us were marching back into the hotel for the banquet. It went something like this:

Jeebs: Alright, I'm ready for some cluster-vittles!

Val: Some cluster-what?

Jeebs: Vittles. That's what we call food here in Tennessee.

Val: <eyebrows raised, silence>

Jeebs: You need to watch some old '60's Beverly Hillbillies reruns!

Val: Why would I want to do that??!!

Vittles: colloquial spelling of victuals.

1 vict·ual

noun \[ch712]vi-t[ch601]l\

: food usable by people

plural : supplies of food : provisions

See how much culture can be gleaned from reruns of the Beverly Hillbillies?

I always thought Jane Hathaway was a dreamboat..

Lee Ann and I missed the shindig and the vittles.

We would love to see some pics but can't find but 4pics of bob. Hell, we know what bob looks like >:(

Are there any other pics of the motley crew?

Surely something better than posters falling happened. Did you guys and girls apply the 50 mile rule where no one tells stories of the goings on?  8-)

Dan

We would love to see some pics but can't find but 4pics of bob. Hell, we know what bob looks like

Are there any other pics of the motley crew? 

I used to hate the fact that I had to remain anonymous...but now your making it kind of fun!   ;D