Am I Shooting Myself in the Foot-(Supplement Intake Question)

BoscoPiko

Hello to all you awesome guys and gals,

Recently I have been experiencing some stellar shadows, I am unsure as to why but am chalking it up to summer approaching. While my cycles in the past have mostly been during summer months, so much about them has evolved and morphed over the past few years that I use the word “chalking” because I haven’t a definitive reasoning. I am still on the “Full Monty” D3 reg and it has been brilliant for some time. I also do maintenance with RC. The shadows this time around are intense, and I can only assume the cluster bunny is hot on my tail. I’ve recently increased my D to 30,000 IU a day and received a few shadow less days but that was short lived, and they are back. My question is about the time of day I am taking my supplements. I split my intake into AM and PM. Are my AM supplements being less effective because I have an empty stomach? Are they just sitting in my gut and not being dispersed properly by the digestive process that takes place with food? Sorry if this is drawn out and scattered, my brain is being quite unfriendly at the moment. Any thoughts are most appreciated. 

1 hour ago, BoscoPiko said:

Am I Shooting Myself in the Foot

Yes, but only with a sawed off shotgun:lol: Really I'm just going by what I've seen expert types say, such as is copied below, without having gone into a deep dive on the subject myself, so I would sure defer to @xxx in a heartbeat regarding this or anything else related to the D regimen.

Fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K are better absorbed when you have them with a meal or snack that contains at least a teaspoon of fat (about 5 grams of fat). The same goes for your multivitamin, which contains these vitamins.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Bejeeber said:

sawed off shotgun

Well leave it to me to fudge things up real good. I stopped the yogurt in the am because i was having a hard time getting it down-_- I sorta knew i was doing things wrong so i suppose i have no one to blame.  Sucks to be culpable in your own demise ...dang it! I've just been so scared to change things up while life was good that I've overlooked reality.  Thanks for the response Jeeb. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rod H said:

Loves me some peanut butter

Lol I never even thought about the density and the fact that I would only have to get a little down to coat my stomach and supply the fat content for proper digestive processing of supplements...Brilliant idea.

Plus it is the most incredibly desirable around the clock taste treat, whether first thing in the morning, right before bed, or even waking up in the middle of the night to have a bunch (I have no ties to the Peanut Growers Marketing Council of America, just a superfan).

When eating certain types of peanut butter (like natural) straight off the spoon though, be advised to have a glass of water handy so as not to choke on the stuff, and be prepared for the leaving of peanuty lip marks all over the rim of said glass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I suppose that I can somewhat confirm that I was indeed aiming a sawed off shot gun at my foot by not eating with the am supplement intake. For the past three days after my post, I started to reluctantly get something down in the morning prior to taking my supplements and the shadows have lessened each day. They are not gone but more bearable. I've had to stay on an upped dose of D3 for now but that's not so unheard of with regard to encroaching cycle time. I have a few days left before I can do another RC dose but I will as soon as I can because I feel like I am definitely playing defense. Anyhow I hope everyone is staying in the clear!  

• Like 3

More bearable sounds a bit encouraging, but oof, hate to hear of you finding yourself on the defense. Hoping the cluster bunny will find the upcoming RC bust so offense-ive, it decides to just hop on outa there.

And while we're dreaming up fatty foods to eat in the morning that are good for you, based on our own preferences, I'm gonna say: Avocado. :)

• Like 2

I'm doing pretty good since incorporating food first. Still on a bit of a higher dose of D but have started to decrease that as well. I did  another dose of RC the other day and seem to be responding well. Each day that I ate first the shadow lessened up so I really do think that the food was a major part in getting back to normal (if anyone believes I can be normal lol).. 

• Like 1