Fellow cluster head musician makes album about cluster headaches

lp3

I don't know if this is allowed to be posted here but I am an old timer clusterbusters member and I am in a traveling band. My "gift" of cluster headaches has turned my touring schedule upside down and for a long while my life became an unmanageable mess. Never knowing how sick I will be whilst traveling on the road. Booking shows only to get cluster anxiety etc. We have many albums out and my band mates and I decided to record this album to bring cluster headache awareness to the general population.

This album is intended to illustrate the social, physical, economic, and psychological aspects of the beast. Please feel free to share with others as we hope it brings awareness to us that suffer and suffer dearly. If you like the album, please leave a like and if you feel like you want to comment here, or on our channel Chatterbox, we would really appreciate it. God speed. And please be well. 

• Like 2

I feel the sour taste of pain in the beginning. 

What is that frequency at the 7 minute mark? That viscous vibration I hear in music , especially when dosing that makes me change the tune. It is only associated with my clusters and puts my body on full alert, bordering on panic. That vibration means PAIN to me. 

It is very interesting and does offer an approximation of the life we lead. I suspect that a CHer would get it right away. Additionally, everyone dealing with the robot who answers the phone will get the super infuriating physical response to the robot who prevents you from speaking to a real person!

Nicely done.

• Like 1

Hello Spiny, my name is David. The keyboarder and the son of LP3.

The notes on the keyboard that caused the frequency that caused you pain (sorry about that) is the sustained combined notes of B sharp and C on the oboe setting.

On 5/10/2023 at 4:52 AM, spiny said:

I feel the sour taste of pain in the beginning. 

What is that frequency at the 7 minute mark? That viscous vibration I hear in music , especially when dosing that makes me change the tune. It is only associated with my clusters and puts my body on full alert, bordering on panic. That vibration means PAIN to me. 

It is very interesting and does offer an approximation of the life we lead. I suspect that a CHer would get it right away. Additionally, everyone dealing with the robot who answers the phone will get the super infuriating physical response to the robot who prevents you from speaking to a real person!

Nicely done.

Thanks David! It is nice to finally know what notes can pierce my brain like that!! 

Apology not needed. I have always found it odd that the one frequency is so horrible and wondered about the how and why of it. Now it has a name and that is progress! :)Pink Floyd uses it in some of their recordings too and I have to skip over those! So, you are in great company! 

On 5/17/2023 at 3:02 AM, spiny said:

Thanks David! It is nice to finally know what notes can pierce my brain like that!! 

Apology not needed. I have always found it odd that the one frequency is so horrible and wondered about the how and why of it. Now it has a name and that is progress! :)Pink Floyd uses it in some of their recordings too and I have to skip over those! So, you are in great company! 

Goodbye blue sky immediately came to mind, the sound of the 'plane' at the beginning and throughout that recording

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 1:09 PM, spiny said:

Devonrex, Yes, I hear it there. In the beginning. 

Time is bad for that frequency. The guitar hits it a lot! Vibrates in my head in a bad way!

Most of 'the wall' has that same key through a lot of it, only noticed because this was mentioned. Also the album in the post had me thinking of floyd right off the bat, specifically the wall with the interspersed conversations and phone calls that show up in parts of the wall. I do feel it captures some of the nerve jangling 'waiting' feeling and the dread, listened to the clusterhead full album a couple times now and it does really evoke a lot of the same feelings I get. So, very well done.