DMT - no verapamil detox, etc.?

JusterBuster

I was just talking about this with my spouse.  It's just an idea.  If DMT is what our body uses to let us imagine things in waking life (close your eyes and imagine a yellow house - you are using DMT), shouldn't it be effective for most anyone?  I understand that that the medications traditionally used for the treatment of severe headaches are "polycyclic" - meaning, their molecules very often have a cluster of rings (kind of like overlapping indole rings) - and this can inhibit busting therapy, just like some SSRIs, etc.  Anyway, to put it simply, I'll just ask.  If you can take meds and dream, why wouldn't you be able to take DMT  and bust - even while detoxing, or even on meds?

BTW, here is a link to a report I found from Erowid, that many of you may have already read, given its post date of 2007.  I suppose just reading the very last paragraph alone would get straight to the point:

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=44397

PLEASE share any experiences!  -J 8-)

Just a thought. -J 8-)

If DMT is what our body uses to let us imagine things in waking life (close your eyes and imagine a yellow house - you are using DMT), shouldn't it be effective for most anyone? 

From everything I've read, There is no real consensus as to what DMT does in your body.  If you have different evidence I would love to see it!

I understand that that the medications traditionally used for the treatment of severe headaches are "polycyclic" - meaning, their molecules very often have a cluster of rings (kind of like overlapping indole rings) - and this can inhibit busting therapy, just like some SSRIs, etc.
  Never heard of this....Do you have any links showing this info?

PLEASE share any experiences! 

A few years back I had a good supply of DMT, I vaporized some close to 5 days a week for just about a year.  First off, as I have said before, this is heavy duty medicine.  It works, it works damn well, probably the best method for busting I've ever tried.  BUT...taking a small dose really only made the pain lesson or subside for a bit, just to come back with a vengeance a couple hours later.  To actually get rid of the complete pain and not see it come back that day I had to break through and go all out into the DMT experience.  Not for the faint of heart.   The best way to explain it is that it's such a strong experience that just the anticipation of smoking it would get my heart pounding like nothing else I have ever experienced.  Many times I would have the pipe ready to go, head pounding, knowing relief was just around the corner, and I STILL couldn't do it.  I would have to put the pipe down, do some deep breathing and relaxation until I was able to deal again.  Sometimes this took quite a while.  At least once I was sure that I had ruined my brain and that I was going to be insane for life, thinking "There is no brain that can handle this!" 

Anyone that really knows me and hears these stories gets the seriousness of this, because I have a hard head when it comes to psychedelics and I can usually deal with much higher levels of psychedelic intoxication than most-- not bragging, just the way my brain is. 

I personally have a good friend who has smoked DMT recreationally, and it has not done great things for him.   He was pretty well versed with LSD and psilocybin.  He tried a small dose of DMT and liked it.  Tried it a few more times at higher doses, (but still pretty light) and still liked it.  He tried a heavy duty dose, about what I would usually use for busting a bad cluster and it did not do good things.  He says he ended up hearing an amazing "Chatter" almost like people trying to yell something to you out the window as they drive by at a 70 MPH--He could never really make out real words or sayings.  This would have been just a "not so great time" for him, but the real problem is that it took a LONG time to completely go away, At least a year.  Not completely sure that it IS 100% gone.  It definitely came out anytime he would eat mushrooms after that, and sometimes would just be coming out for no clear reason at all.  I feel so glad for my friend that this has subsided for him, it was clearly affecting his life very negatively.  Again, powerful medicine.

Then, there's a weird thing where a good number of recreational users report getting a ridiculously bad headache the day after their DMT experience.  I know a different person who experienced this personally.  He said after smoking it every day for a week he experienced one of the worst headaches he has ever had--he says it would only go away if he smoked more.  This makes me think about how many people feel that sumatriptan overuse can cause rebounds.  Sumatriptan being a sulphonated version of DMT, it makes me wonder if DMT itself may give rebounds.

My headaches don't seem to respond to much, so maybe others would have luck with smaller doses. 

Altogether I think DMT is one of the most amazing substances I have ever encountered.  I have seen landscapes and met entities that were beyond my wildest dreams, I have scared myself to a point I didn't know possible, I have gone from a KIP 10 to completely pain free in a less than a minute, I have found magic, I have seen hell hounds, I have had a very friendly being sink a seed deep into the soft flesh under my tongue as a "gift".  I would not hesitate to take it again for my clusters, and I would not ever recomend it to someone I did not know very well.  Even then, I would say, go slowly, tread lightly, dose lightly, and ask every power in the universe for help, understanding and guidance.

I will be there for the first day and following morning only, looks like.  I can't find any links about the above quote from me - I am looking online now...  It was actually something that all started with a conversation with my psychiatrist.  He happens to have been one of the administrators for "The Spirit Molecule".  How likely is that?   I will post a link and/or ask him if he can at least explain the idea again in more detail.  I will ask him next Wednesday.  He is a medical doctor, and seemed to be confident in what he was saying.   -J :)

I will ask him next Wednesday

Please do!  The more I think about it the more awesome that would be...If we could actually be looking at the molecular structures of drugs and be able to say "That's going to interefere with busting...." It could end up being very helpful for us.  Right now I think everybody just guess's based on peoples experiences.  Thanks Juster!