TEVA Generic Imitrex Problems?

jules

I just got switched over to Kaiser and they use a generic Imitrex by Keva.  Just took it for the first time and not much help.  It didn't have the nasty side effects of the Dr. Reddy generic but on the other hand, it was minimally helpful.  2 hours later the demon is gone and it wasn't as painful as it might have been but my heads not cleared out.  This is at the 100 mg dose. Any one having good or bad experiences with this?

I have definitely found generic sumatriptan to not be as effective as brand name Imitrex, why I don't know.  It seems like as much as people try to say they are essentially the same they are not.  When I was having seizures and on Dilantin, I found out that I couldn't just switch from Dilantin to the generic Phenytoin, even Western Medicine admits you will most likely have a seizure because they are not quite the same med.

I have definitely found generic sumatriptan to not be as effective as brand name Imitrex, why I don't know.  It seems like as much as people try to say they are essentially the same they are not. 

Ditto-Ditto-Ditto (can you tell that i agree with what Ricardo said  ;D ;D ;D)...With the regular trex 5-10 minutes and the beast is gone...With the generic it usually takes 15-30 minutes to kick in...

Jules,what Bejeeber said about the pills (they are worthless) as they take way too long to kick in (if they even kick in at all or was that the beast leaving)...wishing you much luck many PFDAN coming your way.....Lenny

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone!  I've been having the worst time with the Beast.  Pretty well ruined our 20th wedding anniversary, sort of just maintaining at the moment.  I think based on what all of you are saying, I'll contact my Kaiser doc and see if they'll give me real Imitrex.  I have to use the pill form though, the injection hits me like a brick, for some reason.  I feel like I'll pass out.  The pill form works rather well though.