Best places in USA for clusterheads to retire?

Rod H

All I can say is I've lived for years in each of these places, and of those, the weather is just ridiculously the best at the beach communities in San Diego. It only requires that you be a double zillionaire in order to afford retiring comfortably there.

L.A. (incredibly mild weather at the beaches)

San Diego (the most unbelievably mild weather in the continental US at the beaches)

Seattle (Meh, it's OK weather-wise)

Nashville (Love it to death, but the #1 worst on my weather list)

Austin (close runner up to Nashville for volatile weather)

• Like 1

I'll start by saying I haven't lived in any of these places except Humboldt County (grew up there) but did a quick net search for what that's worth..

Cape Hatteras, North Carolina-Up side= 83 most of the year. Down side= high hurricane risk

Humboldt County, CA-Up side very little weather variation normal temp in summer 70/80, lots of outdoorsy stuff (Home to Avenue of the Giants, good fishing and hunting, on the ocean and quite beautiful. Down side-It's California (the land of regulation):rolleyes: 

Galveston, Texas-Up Side-Normal January low temperature: 49 degrees/Normal July high temperature: 89.6 degrees

Kahului, Hawaii-Up side-Normal January low temperature: 63 degrees/Normal July high temperature: 87 degrees. Down Side-Super spendy (never lived but have been many times prior to CH)

I got time to decide. Part of me wants to believe that I would have less cycles in the az or nm arid climates. But I have no real data for that. I did live in AZ all through high school and never had an attack. But I never had an attack until I was 26.

• 1 month later...

I retired a year and a half ago and thought that maybe moving to a more southern latitude would help. Unfortunately it didn't.

That said, retirement may have helped. I didn't get a cluster last fall, but then again, I also didn't get one in 2020 when I was working. Father-in-law passed away in December last year and that triggered one ; the first time I've had a December cluster.