The need for a laugh thread

tingeling

Hi

Everyone do feel a bit down or something like that. sometimes a little laughter is all we need to brighten our day. So i was thinking we need a thread that makes us laugh. Like yesterday when i was in a hurry and tried to look nice. I bought this hair powder everyone seems to use use nowadays to get volume to the hair. Shake it like a salt shaker it said on the back. Bending my head forward and started to shake that cute little pink shaker. all of the sudden it hit me, damn.... this thing here is white isn`t it.... and my hair is black.... Very correct, that powder was white. I had no time all day to wash it out and also i think i had been overdoing the use of it, so i walked around all day with something that looked like a really bad dandruff problem. A friend told me to rub it in my scalp, like that was the problem.... that made me look like i never brushed or washed my hair ever. After a couple of hrs i realized i had white dandruff looking stuff down on my back and pretty much over my upper body. Nice, maybe i will wear it when i come to Chicago, to look extra fresh.

Positive thinking is so important for everyone, especially for people who lives with something chronic like we do. Or find it difficult to know what to do when you all of the sudden feel better. It`s not always that easy to know what to do with all that free time all of the sudden, even if it feels great. This has occupied years or months at a time for us.

Tyrkia2+032.JPG

This dog i met on vacation. He made me come back everyday, just cause i liked the way he looked. He had a funny behaviour and really, look at him, you just have to love him.

I`m not too funny, but i bet you folks are. Let`s start some laughing ;D

PFWF me

Tingeling

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you all will find this funny but...

As I mentioned before, I'm in nursing school, we are just finishing our 2nd week. Most of us are LPN's going on the the Registered Nurse level. The professor we have this year has repeated "If the State Board of Nursing calls you, its not because they want to pat you on the back" (it means your in deep shit)

Anyway, I started taking melatonin before bed and have had a few strange dreams that I think may be related to using it. In this dream the phone rang and as I went to answer I looked at the caller ID, which said KY State Board of Nursing. We have a parrot  in the house and it usually sits on a perch near the phone. In my dream the parrot said, in the professors voice, "there not calling you to pat you on the back."

Well you both got me LOL'ing.  ;D

All I have to offer at the moment is a classic Youtube video - in case any of you haven't seen this one yet:

It's the Japanese game show taking place in a public library where everyone is saying "shhhhh!", and the contestant who pulls the skull card has to undergo some kind of torment while remaining quiet.

I don't know why torments like "bad smell air" seem funny in this context - but I'm ashamed to admit they do to me. This may be mainly appreciated by guys.  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVHlWcI6vBs

The original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVHlWcI6vBs

sometimes a little laughter is all we need to brighten our day

Completely agree.  My whacked out sense of humor has probably been the most effective strategy I've found for coping with the beast.  Although the time I took heavy doses of mushrooms and morphine together comes in a close second..... :D

This clip makes me laugh pretty hard every time I see it...

www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D_vUhSYLRw14

I was just all upset over the "I've had It!" thread, then I come here and am laughing until my sides hurt.

This was a great idea, Ting!  You ARE funny!  I completely understand the repeated visits to the k-9 friend you met on vacation.  Who could resist that face???

I trrryyyy to be a lady, Jeebs, but the "bad smell air" was just too twisted - hilarious!

• 5 weeks later...

K, I got one for you. A while back I was trying a new med and not really paying good enough attention to what I was already taking... My girlfriend finds me in the kitchen at 3 am. Not unusual, except what I was cooking... She is confused and asking me "What are you doing?" All I remember is hearing her question, looking down and I was standing in the middle of the kitchen with a pan in one hand and a spatula in the other... and in the pan a generous portion of beautifully sauteed onions. I HATE ONIONS! Yech! I was totally sleep cooking, but in true form doing it anally perfect. We laughed a lot over that one.

Watch those meds!

Oh Lordy the embarrassing stories are always the funniest!!  ;D

And animal videos can't be beat.  ;D

If Brew doesn't post the animal video he was handing around on his iPhone at the OUCH conference I'm going to have to post it.  8-)

Thank you everybody.  :)

I've got some fecked up stories of things my nephews have said, but some of it is just SO WRONG...

I do have a funny story about little Jose, who is now about to be 6. When he was about 1 and a half, we were having a birthday party for me over at their house. I was holding him.

His uncle brought in a $1 bill that another uncle gave to him. My Papa was taking pictures.

Little Jose decided there was a perfect place available to shove the $1 bill into... Between my breasts.

...My Papa KEPT TAKING PICTURES through this, so here's the proof.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/pixieelf/MystiBirthday232resize.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/pixieelf/MystiBirthday233resize.jpg

All of my male friends were like "That child is a genius!"

Little Jose decided there was a perfect place available to shove the $1 bill into... Between my breasts.

Does Jose per chance have a baby sitter who is a stripper and takes him to work with her?  ;D

Nope, which makes it even funnier. Dear God, some of the stuff he comes up with...well...

He's 6 now, about to be 7. When he was about 4 and a half, he liked watching his grandpa play Grand Theft Auto. If you've never heard of this game, it's for adults.

I warned everyone this was a horrible, HORRIBLE idea. That the children should absolutely not watch this game be played...

He learned about carjacking. So one day we're on our way to Galveston, and he points at a guy on a motorcycle.

"See that guy on that moto? I'm going to jack him off!"

"WHAT did you just say?!"

"I'm going to jack him off of his moto!"

"Jose, never, ever say that you're going to jack someone off, okay? ...You mean carjacking. You're going to carjack him."

"Yeah! I'm going to jack him off of his moto!"

We laugh. Hysterically. And continue to try to tell him he's not going to jack anyone off. Finally his Mom yells "JOSE, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO JACK ANYONE OFF. IF YOU SAY IT AGAIN I'M GOING TO SPANK YOU!"

So, Marcos in the backseat, 2 and a half or 3 at this point says "Me gonna jack him off..."

"MARCOS!!!"

The kids were banned from watching anyone play GTA. Thank God.

But last month when my fiance was here, they were playing Red Dead Redemption (A cowboy game, also for adults) and they decided to steal a guy's wagon from him.

Jose: "I'm going to jack him off his wagon!"

Marcos: "YEEEEAH, JACK HIM OFF!"

We all burst out laughing.

I told him not to go telling anyone at school that. Or anywhere's else. I don't know if it stuck or not...

Mystina

We laugh. Hysterically. And continue to try to tell him he's not going to jack anyone off. Finally his Mom yells "JOSE, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO JACK ANYONE OFF. IF YOU SAY IT AGAIN I'M GOING TO SPANK YOU!"

So, Marcos in the backseat, 2 and a half or 3 at this point says "Me gonna jack him off..."

"MARCOS!!!"

Oh LORDY  :o LOL.

Finishing gym class today, this guy walks over staring and asking me "do i smell sweat to you"? No..... "Ok, so i didn`t like smell out the hole room, i felt like i couldn`t focuse really on lifting weights cause of my own sweat smell". Ok..... no i can`t smell anything.... "If i come closer"? Me backing at that very moment, nope, no smell!! Then all of the sudden, "well, what are you doing right now"? Well i\m very busy... bye bye.....

What`s that all about? Do i stink and btw what`s your name!! OMG!!!

Finishing gym class today, this guy walks over staring and asking me "do i smell sweat to you"? No..... "Ok, so i didn`t like smell out the hole room, i felt like i couldn`t focuse really on lifting weights cause of my own sweat smell". Ok..... no i can`t smell anything.... "If i come closer"? Me backing at that very moment, nope, no smell!! Then all of the sudden, "well, what are you doing right now"? Well im very busy... bye bye.....

What`s that all about? Do i stink and btw what`s your name!! OMG!!!

LMAO, You poor thing! *hugs* How awkward!

Mystina