humidity and clusters

jimmys

have any studies been done on the effects of humidity and clusters. been real humid here in south florida and i've been having shadows all day with two or three kip 8 headaches per day. seems after it rains and becomes less humid my head feels normal again  ;D (well as normal as it can be). also, i am booked for chicago and looking forward to meeting you all. see you there. are the bears playing at home that sunday? 8-)

jimmys.....

I haven't seen studies on ANY type of weather and it's associated effects on CH, but rapidly dropping pressure can sure be a trigger for me.  Passing storm fronts (not that we get too many in California), airline flights and trips into the mountains all decrease ambient pressure quickly.......and have set off a HA in the past.  I've kept a log of all triggers and weather factors for several years and only air quality appears to provoke a CH for me.

Nearly all Humidity related processes are independent of total air pressure because water vapor in air does not interact with oxygen and nitrogen in any way.  There is a very slight decrease (not perceptible by humans) in air pressure when humidity increases, as water vapor actually weighs less than oxygen or nitrogen.

Florida has seen quite a few passing Low pressure systems and even a near-miss hurricane Irene lately.  I was actually in Jacksonville for that one.  The mosquito's seemed more of problem than the humidity, although anything above 80% pretty much wipes me out these days.

If humidity was a trigger, those warm showers taken for relief probably wouldn't work as well.  Wish you abundant PF days and less moisture in the air..........

weatherman

Brad   8-)

thanks for the reply guys. I also have experienced HA's at higher altitudes and for the first time while scuba diving. Hit me at about 35 feet. Weather in the air or under water this beast knows no bounds. Maybe its not weather related, maybe its just my time of year to dance. The weather did, however, did cool down a bit and I'm getting hit only at night now. Who knows! Wish everybody PFDAN.  :D

I'm just like you guys, experiencing rapid decrease/increase in pressure can trigger a CH.  There seems to be a delay (usually 2-6 hours after pressure tops or bottoms out) that I get hit with the onset of the Beast.

Wholly cow, since 33 ft down in the water is one atmosphere of pressure, that would be like going into space for the reverse effect.  I can't even image the PURE HELL of experiencing a CH under water.  High pressure days seem to usually be good for me.

There is just no possible way (except a hypobaric chamber) to avoid what Mother Nature throws at us.  Amazing that the weight of something invisible can vary so much to cause something like CH.

Best of Luck and PF days and nights..............

weatherman

Brad

• 2 weeks later...