gonna try seeds for 1st time

anthony g

well, i don't want to overcomplicate this, but i'm sure i remember reading that distilled water is not recommended (something about not having the minerals to do something with the electrolytes).  i think the what-kind-of-water question might be overemphasized, since people seem to get good results with all types, but the most common advice i've seen is that it should not be any kind of sparkling water, and should not be heavily fluoridated water, which tap water is, in some places.  so any non-carbonated bottled water (so that it's fluoride free, which they all are) seems like the safest bet, from all that i've read. 

again, i don't want to be hysterical about this, because as i say people have had good results with all types.  just telling you what i've read and what worked for us.

It's just tuff for me to guess how many seeds for a given individual, but 30 sounds pretty good to me for a particularly safe and sane way to test the waters the first time.

40 if you're feeling a little bolder.

Glad to see that you've gotten all ducks in a row and have the process underway AG.  :)

On the water question:

From tons of reading on the subject cross multiple websites, the common theme is to stay away from chlorinated water.  That the chlorine reacts with the LSA and turns it into something benign.  Chlorine is in regular municiple water supplies and even some bottled water (to ensure it doesn't grow bad stuff setting on the shelf).  On the other hand distilled water has all the chemicals and minerals removed.  I'd guess that well water should be good as well. 

Water is basically used to disolve the LSA in the water and leave behind the seed (gook).  I'm certainly no expert, but the above is what I've found through much reading on the internet (hey, you know if someone wrote it on the internet it must be true ;) 

Anyway, I've always used distilled water and with fresh seeds am able to 'feel' the mild LSA effects, per appropriate dose every time.

Good luck,

Jeff

I used  50 seeds last night and soaked them in cooled peppermint tea as CH Father suggested in another thread. MUCH more intense effects ( tripping a little, but was asleep so more like really strange dreams).

The taste was much less harsh than when I have soaked them in wine ( red and white).

Something to consider if for whatever reason you don't like the water method. Just have to use fewer seeds from what I have read.

Hi Kika,

My seeds just arrived today and i went and got some pepermint tea. Do you boil the tea and than let it cool down b-4 adding the crushed seeds, and than wait wait 2 hours while they soak in the tea? Did you take them right before you went to bed?

Do you boil the tea and than let it cool down

One thing I do know about this is heat is supposed to be bad for the active ingredient(s) in RC, so yep, cool down.

what are rc seeds and where can I get them?

RC is short for Rivea Corymbosa and they can be ordered legally from various suppliers such as iamshaman.com

http://www.iamshaman.com/eshop/10Browse.asp

Hi Anthony,

I used the IamShaman site, and it was totally satisfactory, and easy. They got to me in 3 days and they did followup and tracking ...(Painless). We got enough pain.

I started w/ 35 seeds crushed and soaked in Peppermint Tea for 3 hours, but like Lt.2 said don't smell it and do your best to just throw it all back in one gulp, YEEEUUUCCCKKK. Didn't do any "tripping" or feel anything other than normal, slept pretty good that night w/ only a real early morning small hit @ 5:30ish the next morning. I will post later after a few days with some results.

Dave