cost of imitrex

jimmys

I would love to thank, with all my heart, whoever discovered imitrex.

I wonder though how much it costs the pharms. to make it.

Is it possible that they would be so cold as to set a price on pain relief in relation to the amount of pain one is feeling. Or is it really that expensive to produce.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the theory and practice of making a profit but two thousand dollars out of pocket  :( :oper month is a bit over the top.  >:(

ok, so my post is completely unrelated to this thread, but have to comment on the add rotator that just popped up. 

It's for the Florida Drug Rehab Center.  I almost laughed out loud when I read it.. ha..

Jimmys,

I completely agree, the cost of imitrex is outrageous...  Thankfully I don't use it anymore!!   :D

Jeff

Yeah that 'imitrex math' thread Prof T just mentioned details how he's figured out a way to concoct imitrex injections for around $.50 per abort or so, which is a real attention grabber!

I know everyone here including Prof T advises extreme caution if considering attempting home formulations though.

Is it possible that they would be so cold as to set a price on pain relief in relation to the amount of pain one is feeling. Or is it really that expensive to produce.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the theory and practice of making a profit but....

Yes, it's possible "they" would be so cold--the truth is obscene--how much Big Pharm *fox* over the American Public.

Ya 'spose their lobbyists have anything to do with medical insurance reform?

Ya have ANY idea how many congressmen/persons are in their pocket?

Brew has it right: get off that crap as soon as possible--it's worse than heroin for dependance--and as bad as alcohol for triggering CH. Longest bout of my life was when I was using 'trex.

And that slimy, greasy rush (that makes it stop hurting  [smiley=undecided.gif] )  makes my skin crawl as I write this...

But how do I get off it if I need it to get through a work day?  :'(

Can you bring O2 to work with you? Or can you take a week of vacation so you can park your rear end next to your O2 tank at home while getting off it?

If you're planning on busting, you'll need to be off it for a minimum of 5 days anyhow, and those 5 days can be pure hell. I can't imagine what it would be like if I had to go through those 5 days without O2 and energy drinks.

You're going to find that the vast majority of members here do not recommend becoming an Imitrex junkie. It does create its own sort of dependence.

Once you've busted your headaches away (and the time it takes for this varies per individual, from just a bust or two all the way to months of hitting it over and over again every 5-7 days), chances are good you'll never be dependent on trex again. You may have to use it once or twice, but you'll get out of that horrible downward spiral of needing more and more.