My Permanent cure

no pain

you guys are awesome, funny, very intelligent and strong willed maybe the pain has made us stronger.  I wish i would of found this site when I was suffering, I really could have used this site for help and support. Great work everyone really I think this is helping a lot of people.

Hey No Pain,

Glad you found relief with the Gerson Therapy.  I love that therapy, but have not done it.  Our food system is very f-ed up, and I think it causes a lot of things.  CH has been around for many years prior to the industrial revolution, so its not necessarily the cause for all, but possibly the cause for some, like you.  Congrats on the pain free time, and I sincerely hope you continue.  Keep us posted.

Oh, what time time were your clusters normally?

Tuck

the most memorable wherethe 2:00 to 3:00 am ones that you half wake up and think it can't be and try to go back to sleep, only to wake back up in a full blown ch. 

Don't worry...it doesn't take many of those nudges to wake you up to the fact that you have to hit the 02 at the very first sign of an impending attack.

• 1 year later...

I may have posted this a couple years ago, but IT STILL WORKS AND I HAVE COMPLETELY STOPPED MY CLUSTER HEADACHES - like this>  I was formerly from northern Wisconsin, where the weather changes almost daily with huge swings of the barometer - but when I started visiting Southwest Florida (Fort Myers area) I noticed that EVERY TIME I was in Florida, my twinges ('twinges' is what I call my pre-cluster warnings in my left temple) STOPPED within 1 week, and NEVER then progressed into cluster headaches.  After a couple years, I have found that by living in SW Florida I HAVE NOT HAD A CLUSTER EPISODE IN OVER 3 YEARS! 

Is moving to SW Florida a little extreme to escape cluster headaches?  If you've ever experienced cluster headaches, then you know that moving would be worthwhile to stop that awful pain.  If you suspect that your cluster headaches might somehow be tied to the weather fluctuations, I urge you to try staying in SW Florida for a couple weeks at a time.  It's much better than suicide headaches.  I've always wondered how many other people out there have a similar problem to what mine was, but never realized what was actually causing their problem.  If you look at a one week barometric pressure chart, you will see that the barometer chart down here is a gently rolling wave, whereas in the north (like Wisconsin) the barometer tears up and down in huge unpredictable swings that bother some people, like me.

I just got back from Cape Coral and my attacks were less often and severe. But then again on vacation with no worries, beach at yacht club 2 min from house,sand in my toes, took a sh*t load of stress off my mind.....

I am a sun worshiper too. Cant get enough of sunshine,outdoors and warm weather.

Came home to the cold and been a miserable F*ck since...j/k/ but I really do hate winter.

If you suspect that your cluster headaches might somehow be tied to the weather fluctuations, I urge you to try staying in SW Florida for a couple weeks at a time.

Looks like it's time for Spiny, the poster child for barometric pressure fluctuation as a trigger, to load up the belongings and the hubby in a U-Haul and make the permanent move to SW Florida by the end of the week. That'll leave you one day for packing, Spiny.  8-)

Looks like it's time for Spiny, the poster child for barometric pressure fluctuation as a trigger, to load up the belongings and the hubby in a U-Haul and make the permanent move to SW Florida by the end of the week. That'll leave you one day for packing, Spiny.

Maybe she should use part of that day to check first with Jeff, since he lives (according to his signature info) in Naples, about 35 miles due south from Ft. Myers.

Apparently Jeff isn't so "barometrically inclined" since we know he resides right there in barometric stability-ville but he can still get royally slammed if not able to bust, especially when enduring some super stress.  :(

So maybe let's not just flippantly leave our vitamin M back home when we all go tromping down to SW Florida, people, OK?  :D

I suspect that if I moved there, they would have a Tsunami within a week! :D :D Jeff would likely run me out of the state within a week for my bad weather prediction traits!!!

Bring that freight train by Jeebs, so I can load up and go before Valentines Day! ;D Can the dogs and chickens go too?

I think I noticed 'a fungus among us' once or twice during my FL days in the 70's!!!! 8-)

np ..... It's great to hear your have found relief from CH with ANY form of treatment.  Going "outside the box" from western medicine is what has lead long-time CH suffers to some of the wonderfully effective therapies we have now. I hope it continues to provide the initial benefits you are now enjoying.

I wonder, since the Gerson Treatment is a metabolic therapy based on the theory that disease (and mostly cancer) is caused by the body's accumulation of toxic subsidence's, how can this possibly effect the hypothalamus and distribution of hormones in our bodies?  How is this connected to the Serotonergic System?

It seems, your CH was not caused by any of the typical biological dilemmas that are thought to lead to this disease.

Do keep us posted on the progress of your actions.  I don't eat much red meat and haven't been a milk drinker since I was 12, but drinking a dozen glasses of juice, following low-salt, low-fat vegetarian diet and taking 5 coffee enemas a day seems a little Kookie  :D

If it works, it works ............

Best of luck and PF days to ya all

weatherman

Debben and spiny,

Couldn’t resist checking into the idea of pressure changes affecting the onset of CH.  I too have noticed that these fluctuations seem to be a “trigger-like” mechanism, although in California we get less movement of the barometer when storms arrive.  Airline flights and trips to the mountains have kicked my arse with CH, so it's a trigger for me too.  Besides, anyone checking a barograph (besides us geeks in the weather business) would probably be interested in some of the “gory details”.

I know for me, it’s not the absolute value of the pressure change, but more so the quickness that the barometer falls/raises, that brings the Beast.  Fall and Winter storms move across the northern US, and especially the Great Lakes region, at much faster speeds than at lower latitudes, even though they can be the same intensity.  They are embedded in the midlatitude jet stream that is climatically positioned (the storm track) along the US/Canada border.  Those Alberta Clippers can move at 50 mph west to east.  Thus, the pressure rises and falls more rapidly.  These rapid pressure changes most likely explains why airline flights are almost always triggers for some CH'rs.  Aircraft cabins are pressurized to about 6000–8000 feet above sea level. Reaching cruise level (say, 35,000 ft), that’s nearly double the pressure decrease of an average storm, in five times the quickness of change.  Unfortunately, there is just no escape from Mother Nature (or airline cabin pressures), unless you move to low latitudes, the Tropics would be perfect.  Oh, and so would Siberia.  Then there is always taking the bus. ::)

Some barometer changing info, and why this may be a trigger ……..   

Falling very slowly: 0.1 - 1.5mb in 3 hours  ………….. Typical Daily Fluctuations

Falling slowly: 1.6 - 3.5mb in 3 hours   …………….…… Weak storm / showers

Falling quickly: 3.6 - 6.0mb in 3 hours Â…Â…Â…Â…Â…..Â…Â… Strong storm

Falling very rapidly: More than 6.0mb in 3 hours  ... Intense storm

Typical Florida storms (excepting Tropical Storms) are weak to strong.

Typical Wisconsin storms are strong to intense.

Airline flights are off the scale at over 100 mb changes in less than an hour, or roughly 20 times the rate of change that any storm can offer.  As a comparison, the pressure over New Orleans dropped approximately 100 mb in over 24 hours as Hurricane Katrina made landfall.  That’s over 25 times less severe of a pressure change than an aircraft reaching cruise level.  Still wanna fly?

Anyway, I've rattled on WAY too long on this .... enjoy!

PF days to all !!!

weatherman  8-)

weatherman,

I live in the mountains. When CH is active, I don't go off my mountain except for emergencies. I get hit on the return trip which is about 3000ft up in 35 minutes. Wonder what the baro. change is for that little bit of altitude change?? :-?

Once I fell asleep on the return up and woke up with a really lovely CH. >:( Never again!!!!!!! No, I no longer fly.

That aside, I really like watching the leading edge of an incoming front. It is often beautiful.

Thank you for the weather info! :) :)

spiny

Hi spiny ......

Wonder what the baro. change is for that little bit of altitude change?? 

3000 ft is a good altitude change in 35 minutes.  The largest difference in air pressure would be if you started near Sea Level, and climbed 3000' up, otherwise it's a slightly lesser value of change.

Average Sea Level is near 1013 mb (millibars) or 14.7 PSI (lbs/sq in)

3000 feet elevation is near 908 mb or 13.2 PSI

That's a whopping 100 mb, or 1.5 lbs/sq in decrease in pressure.

A typical storms Low center (or even along the passing cold front) will be somewhere between 990 and 980 mb, and about 14.1 PSI.

That's about 20-30 mb, or only 1/2 pound of pressure difference per sq inch.

So, your mountain ride is decompressing your hypothalamus with triple the pressure drop of a typical storm passing, in about the same time span.  No wonder it sets off a CH ...... I also get "hit" on mountain trips.

weatherman