New Here But Not To CH

ob1kanobee

Great news, ob1!

I make an observation: There was a time, maybe about a year ago, just after the D3 regimen was reported and people were getting excellent results, that we mentioned to every new person here that they might want to consider the D3.  Then, for a variety of reasons, we stopped doing that, even though the anti-inflammatory D3 approach continues to help people.  I'm gonna start mentioning it again.

For anyone reading this who hasn't been exposed to the D3 "treatment," here's a link: http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1314134804

Just an update. Last night I slept all through the night. The night before I was awakened by another headache but it was mild and aborted with o2. I had taken the normal 12mg of Melatonin and was having a tuff time going back to sleep due to anxiety unrelated to CH (well sort of) because just knowing you have CH brings on a certain amount of anxiety on top of everything else going on in life I guess.

Anyway I took a nap today and that brought on HUGE shadows like I was feeling like I had a really bad hangover. Took some o2 for that and felt better.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm low on Testosterone. Seems I have all the symptoms for that. Interesting reading on that and the link with CH.

I'm also getting a bit more interested in trying the busting with the seeds. I'll have to look and see how that's done again. If someone has link with the instructions please post it. I have the seeds in the freezer from last year when I ordered them. I was really hoping my D3 regimen alone would stop the CH but I'm getting impatient. I will say it has definitely made the headaches much less in frequency and severity and I mean much much less (so far......ya never know with the Beast).

The seeds I have are RC seeds and I have 100 of them. They have been in the Freezer in a freezer bag for a year. Are they still good? I'm wanting to possibly do a low dose. I don't want to experience any (if possible) psychedelic effects. I would like to keep those effects at a minimum if possible. The thought alone makes me anxious.

RC prep: http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1290128974

I wouldn't recommend relying on seeds that have been in the freezer for a year.  They might work, but why take the chance -- they're not that expensive.  Jeff has said he's doing so experiments on the life of frozen seeds.

No one knows what the lowest effective dose is likely to be. Could be as low as 10 good seeds.  But at 30 you are virtually guaranteed to have no psychedelic effects, and certainly nothing to be anxious about, and (in my opinion) you'd almost certainly get enough LSA.  Once you've taken 30 and experienced nothing psychedelic, you might want to go higher. 

Energy drinks, and also ginger tea, help a lot of people with the shadows.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just prepared some RC seeds and they are in water (only 10 but I have 200). However, I just read where Kudzu may interfere with busting and I've been taking like 3 of those per day.

Should I drink it later anyway or should I wait for 5 days of no kudzu? I mean if I have to wait maybe I should just try the 10 seeds anyway since I'm such a chicken and see if 10 cause any undesirable effects?

Advice? 

ob,

Here are some things I know, which are not conclusive.  At least one person here (davidj, I think it was) has experimented with kudzu and busting, and in his case the kudzu didn't seem to interfere.  And, I once received an email from a doctor who has studied LSA and CH quite extensively, and he said >>I'm unaware of any interaction of kudzu with LSA (doesn't mean there ISN'T one of course).<<

I'd take the 10 now, since you're primarily doing it as a test of the effects anyway, and then weigh the kudzu question with more input from people here.   

Agreed with CHf.

We've seen conflicting things about Kudzu with no real concrete evidence of anything. So with the latest report from davidj of no interference that CHf mentioned (and also now hearing of the researcher's comment), I'm no longer waving warning flags as vigorously about the possibility of Kudzu crashing any busting parties.

And 10 seeds is a super low dose IMO, so if nothing happens we can't necessarily blame it on the Kudzu.  :)

If you haven't seen any results from the Kudzu, yeah I think maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to go ahead and discontinue it now, so there would be no question about it's interaction with your second bust, which will likely involve a higher number of seeds....

Are most of the threads on here mainly guided towards CH or do they cover other TAC headaches? I suffer from SUNCT. I have tried the Clusterbuster cure myself four times recently and it has not helped at all. I am going to increase the amount a lot one more time. I have tried so many things over the years that I am sick of pills. I have an implant in my head already. I was one of the group of five that was the test group for St. Judes and ANS for a supraorbital neurostimulator. It got me out of bed and part way back to a normal life but I still live in pain every day. I need to know where else I can look for help on this site. There was a story written about me and the support that my wife has given me over the years in a local newspaper. If anybody wants the link I will send it to you. Thank you for any suggestions or help of any kind.