New Here But Not To CH

ob1kanobee

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm on the other board but haven't posted in a while (few years). I have had these headaches since my early twenties on and off. I think I had them as a kid too but don't remember for certain. My mother said my grandmother used to walk around pacing with headaches and a cold wash cloth like I sometimes do.

Anyway, I have never been properly diagnosed from a doctor. I have been given all kinds of pills for the pain but you know how that goes. I found out about O2 about 4 years ago. O2 has been a lifesaver for me. I just got a new Cluster Mask from DJ and I use welders Oxygen. I am also taking Kudzu right now being that I am apparently in cycle again for like the last 2 weeks or so.  >:( I'm trying to increase my water intake as well.

This affects my job and life pretty bad as I am in sales and I do much of my sales in customer homes. I got hit real bad last week towards the end of one of my appointments. By the time I got out of the house and in my car I was in full blown pain mode. I didn't have my tank with me as I have only been getting hit at night and after I fall asleep. I made it to the pharmacy to get emergency cold packs and then puked in the parking lot. I usually puke if the pain is real bad (high on KIP scale) but not often or if I can't abort. The hour ride home seemed like an eternity. I don't take any prescription drugs for this. Somebody gave me some Imitrex but I never used it. They sent it from California. It was the STAT doses I think they are called.

So this time around I am getting hit mainly after I fall asleep. The other night I got hit 3 times. Besides O2, Kudzu, extra fluids, is there anything else I can or should do/try? I'm hearing about Melotonin and some herb. I am currently adding Sinus Busters in the mix. Yeah I know that's lame BUT I'm willing to try anything and figured WTH why not. It seems to have helped a little with pain and breathing. It definitely is no miracle but just another arrow in my bag against the demon.  ;) I'm kinda looking for some out of the box techniques maybe i have missed along the way. I saw one a while back about dropping original Visene in the eye that DJ had posted.

I have also been pretty stressed out lately. GF problems, money problems, job, moving, ect. and I notice that stress seems to aggravate the condition. Oh, I have also done energy drinks. I'm going to play it by ear with the 'busting' method and shroomies/seeds. I have had some pretty bad experiences in the past with that sorta stuff (bad trips). I would try it in a heartbeat if I knew the effects would be minimal but without knowing the strength of the substance I'm dealing with, I would be a little scared. Also with current anxiety levels, I'm afraid that would bring on a major anxiety trip. I have a fear of not being in control, so I also don't ride in airplanes or in cars too much unless I am driving.

Well Anyway if you have read this far then thank you for taking the time to learn about me and why I am here. Hopefully my cycle will end soon and I might dissapear for a while. When I am out of cycle, I tend to hide from anything that has to do with CH and I don't even want to talk about it LOL.  :D  I think what has brought me back this time around is these night hits. I just can't get any good sleep.  :'(

Hey OB,

I entirely understand your concern about bad trips.

The good thing about RC seeds is that many of us find that when we take a dose of 50 or so of them before bed, the effect is the opposite of anxiety - we simply get a more solid, sound night's sleep than usual.

I have felt anxiety with a mushroom bust but not an RC bust.

So this is what I'd do if I were you:

Get that melatonin today and start taking it 9 mg before bed, all the way up to 18 or even 21 mg if necessary. This form of melatonin: n-Acetyl-5-Methoxytryptamine

Get the ingredients for the new CH D3 regimen and start taking them today (some CH'ers report remission upon adopting this regimen, and it appears to be just plain good for you regardless): http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1314134804

Order the RC seeds today and after going off the Kudzu for 5 days (it is suspected that Kudzu can interfere with a bust) take 50 of them (following the preparation instructions) before bed.

Then take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning.

OK well maybe not that last one.  ;D

Hopefully you have an O2 E tank for your car?

Most here don't experience psychadelic effects from shrooms/seeds at all.  The whole idea is to use a dose that is below that level, but that will be enough to stop the cycle. 

My advice (if you like) would be to start with the RC seeds at a moderate dose (30 give or take) and go from there.  My money is on a good nights sleep without any other loss of control.

Couple of questions and also thanks for the replies.

1) Would this be the NON time released Melatonin?

2) Where do I look for the RC seed information on here? It's here somewhere I know. Is there a link for it specifically?

As far as O2 tanks are concerned, I rent a big one which sits in my office at home. I purchased a smaller welder's tank which I bring around with me even though it looks hideous. I have 5 portable medical ones I bought off Craigslist but they are hard to fill. I purchased a transfer hose system of Ebay to fill the medical tanks with O2 from the large rental tank but there is a leak or something and it is hard to get them up to pressure. I need to get another O2 regulator thingy as I only have one so I'm constantly changing it from the two welder's tanks I have along with another mask. This way I could leave the smaller welder's tank in the car.

If you are looking for an alternative that doesn't make you trip, read up on RC seeds (LSA). The doses are sub-psychedelic and most report just a good nights sleep.

Speaking of eye drops, I am always pleased to find things like this...

Psychotria viridis, "The Machiguenga people of Peru use juice from the leaves as eye drops to treat migraine headaches". This refers to the chemical identified as DMT... but in the same family as all the tryptamines supported here. Eye drops really? Cuz it is not effective orally unless mixed with a MAOI inhibitor... but then you would have ayahuasca (not recommended). Ancient peoples knew more than we give them credit for.

Look at the top of this board under important topics *Busting Instructions*.

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/yabbfiles/Attachments/FAQ_LSA.htm

RC = Rivea Corymbosa, available on internet at iamshaman.com and others.

Yes NON time release. If you find it helps but doesn't last long enough you can then add time release to the mix.

Look at the top of this board under important topics *Busting Instructions*.

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/yabbfiles/Attachments/FAQ_LSA.htm

Personally, I think the LSA file in the Clusterbuster files section here is more useful.  http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1290128974

The author of the one you were referred to says, >>>I suspect that soaking them in wine for 24 hours produces a lot more LSA than those same seeds would have produced if they were soaked in water for 2 hours.<<<   But there is no evidence now that that is true.  Soaking in water works fine.

Grind the seeds with a mortar and pestle (or smash them in a plastic bag with a hammer -- just don't use something like a coffee grinder that creates a lot of heat).  Soak 'em for 1-2 hours in cold or room-temperature water.  Drink.  Many people drink the sludge, some strain it out, using a coffee filter.  It is highly unlikely that you will experience any psychedelic effects at all with an initial dose of 30 seeds, so that might be where you'd start.  Less if you're particularly wary.

Re oxygen:  A lot of people love the demand valve system, which lets you breathe in O2 as soon as you're ready, without waiting for a bag to fill.  Or at least a 25 lpm regulator.  Also, the O2ptimask is very highly recommended.  In section 11 of this file you can find places to get those things. http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1299901790

well, 100 is fine, particularly since, as Jeebs says, you usually get more than 100.  but figure a minimum of 3 doses at pretty typical levels of say 30, 50, and 50, and you're clearly over 100.  it's my understanding that they keep quite well when frozen.  so 100 + 50 at www.iamshaman.com, or 200 at www.psychoactiveherbs.com, might be a little safer in terms of a third dose, and it won't set you back too much more than 100.  (if you start at 50, which has also been recommended to you, of course the numbers add up faster.)

and i'd also second Jeebs's recommendation that since you have some detox time to kill anyway, you should consider hopping onto the D3 regimen right away.  might not/probably won't work that fast, but for some people it has.

I have just got back from getting everything for the D3 regimen and will start this evening. I ended up going with Mr. & Mrs. T Margarita Mix for the beverage. I'll also order my seeds tonight.

Something interesting, at least I think is that lately I have been craving citrus flavors. Instead of my usual fruit yogurt, I bought all lime flavor at the store. Also, I have been eating/craving those Sour Patch Kids candies. When I get Gatorade, I have been buying the lemon lime flavor. I was just telling my girlfriend this and I thought it was interesting since this just started about 2 weeks ago with the headaches hitting.

Well I started the D3 regimen last night and took 9mg of Melatonin. I woke up 2x after I went to sleep but the hits weren't as bad as usual. Then this morning I had two small hits around 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Drank a Red Bull and more O2. Now as I write this I'm having shadows. I shot some Sinus Busters for some slight relief but it doesn't last long. So tonight will be my second night of Melatonin and 2nd day of D3.

I also went to Harbor Freight and purchased an o2 regulator so I have 2 now and just have to tote a mask around with me. I also stopped by welder's supply house and refilled my BIG tank. I think the guy was surprised to see me so soon but I have been breathing o2 like crazy.  :D I don't know how long it lasts a welder but in this economy I don't think he cares what I'm doing with it. I have made friends with the guy anyway. My biggest fear is running out of o2 or being some place where I can't get it and have an attack. 

Has anyone tried probiotics in the mix for CH? I read where Dr. Ohira's probiotics are supposed to help with clusters. I'll try and post a link.

" 5. L clostridium, that results in morning sickness, migraine and cluster headaches." FROM THE LINK

http://www.crohns.net/page/C/PROD/OMX1030

MORE ARTICLES:

http://headacheandmigrainenews.com/probiotics-for-ibs-study-review/

My seeds came! Can I take less than 50 RC seeds? What is the least I could take to reap some benefits? I'm a woosie when it comes to this kind of stuff not to mention I have anxiety. I have anxiety medicine from doctor (Colonzepam) and sometimes I even freak a little when I take one of those. I want to ease into this.  :-[

I stopped taking Kudzu. I'm on the D3 regimen but getting some bad shadows. Haven't had a bad headache in a few days since starting D3.

• 10 months later...

Well they are back and it is exactly one year ago today I was here. This really stinks because today is my first day starting with a new company and I have training all day and tomorrow. As soon as I fall asleep at night I get a mild hit. So far the days have been headache free.

Today I will start the D3 routine again since it seemed to work last time. I'm going to buy another welders tank today.

I have my seeds in the freezer that I ordered and never took.

Gonna go now and I'll report back when I can. My eyes are sore as hell and I have to go look at computer screens all day and tomorrow. errrr

I would do the D3 regimen since it worked before and 50 seeds.  Hit the CH with a one, two punch! 

I'm new to the seed busting, I know that a lot of people recommend starting out with a low dose, and I don't understand why.  If there is no danger in taking more then why not ensure your body gets enough of the good stuff?

These things aren't bashful so I figure I can't be either.  Fight fire with fire.

I know that a lot of people recommend starting out with a low dose, and I don't understand why.If there is no danger in taking more then why not ensure your body gets enough of the good stuff?
   bounty, you are completely correct that there's virtually no reason not to take enough to be sure that you're getting enough LSA. The question is, what is enough? (IÂ’ll get to some ideas about that in a minute.)  At the same time, it's critically important for the integrity (and maybe the legal defensability) of this site and its posters to be completely clear that we are not looking to get people high. And, even more importantly, because everyone reacts differently to these things and seed potencies (LSA content) vary so widely, a relatively low first dose is an important test of tolerance for first-time dosers. That might be excessively cautious, but I believe it's the correct way to go, especially since (in my opinion) 30-35 float-tested RC seeds is a first dose that will almost always be effective as a busting agent and provide a reasonably safe test of psychedelic effects.  Some think the number should be higher, and there might still be some who think it should be lower.  But the reason a lower first dose is recommended is "safety first" -- and I don't think there's any reason to think that a lower dose will not have positive busting effects. Here are some calculations, which are very rough because there are so many variables.  100 RC seeds weigh about 2.4 - 2.8 grams. For people who are episodic, the threshold effective dose of LSA seems to be about .5 milligram. (For people who are chronic, it seems to be 1 milligram.) The average LSA content of RC is .8 mg per gram (this varies very widely from batch to batch). So 100 seeds would have an average LSA content of roughly 2.5 x .8 = 2 mg.  Based on these averages, it would take 25 seeds (1/4 of 100) to reach the threshhold (.5 mg) required to have a busting effect for a person who is episodic.  (Looked at differently, each gram of seeds is roughly 40 seeds containing a total of roughly .8 mg of LSA. To get to the threshold level, then, youÂ’d want 5/8 of a gram of seeds: 25 seeds.)  As I say, there are a ton of variables here, and if you used the higher limits (2.8 grams/100 seeds; higher LSA concentration in the seeds; all seeds viable from float-testing), you'd get an even lower number of seeds for a potentially effective first dose for someone with episodic CH; or you could use different assumptions and come up with a higher number of seeds.  (Some data behind all this here:

http://www.maps.org/research/sewell_2008_aha_lsa_poster.pdf

Of course, itÂ’s possible that my math is nuts here, and IÂ’d be happy to be corrected.