PF Tek Success!

JusterBuster

Hey Folks,

I had an old post, "Rye Bags" that doesn't really apply here, but one of them did survive, had to be broken up, and re-colonized.  In any case, I am trying my very best to be completely self-sufficient.  By the way, I apologize for only meeting a few of you all in person at the conference.  I had to travel around more and later than expected :(  Here are some pics...  :) 

post-1741-14384707222878_thumb.jpg

Actually, that Rye spawn was from a bag, not a jar.  I coarsely crumbled it into horse pasteurized horse manure, then into a little rubbermaid bin, with a layer of vermiculite on top.  I am using 1/2 pint wide-mouth jars right now.  What kind of jar is it that you were wondering about? I do have one quart jar, but I don't use it much for anything myco-related...

Buster :)

I figured that if x amount of shrooms could be recovered from 1/2-pint jars, then why not use larger jars which don't require much longer than 1/2-pint jars to colonize? Couldn't find larger jars with sloping sides to allow removal w/out breaking up colony. Ended up using larger jars but breaking up after colonization and putting in rubbermaid bins like you did. Thought maybe you found large jars with sloping sides.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Folks,

I had an old post, "Rye Bags" that doesn't really apply here, but one of them did survive, had to be broken up, and re-colonized.  In any case, I am trying my very best to be completely self-sufficient.  By the way, I apologize for only meeting a few of you all in person at the conference.  I had to travel around more and later than expected :(  Here are some pics...  :)   

fantastic!

i hope i have the success you do.

may i ask about your dosages and cluster history?

i will be trying them for the first time soon.  9 months straight hell for me.  no more than a couple days c.h. free at a time.  maybe a total of 15-20 pain free days total in 9 months.