new here, and have a few questions

b.g.

thank ya thank ya... it more or less goes back to the original question,  just replacing the seeds with the shrooms.  I really didn't want to mess around with a bunch of smaller doses if I was going to just end up spinning my wheels, while waisting time, and getting nowhere as far as busting this thing.  im thinking that 35 might be a good place to start.

I have actually ingested both shrooms and LSD for recreational purposes, but that was 20 years ago.  so I don't really have a fear of going  "too far" per say..... its probably more of a fear that im not going to ingest enough.  im still reading and sifting trough peoples journals and past experiences so who knows.... that number may be 50 seeds by the time I have them crushed up and in front of me, but I definitely wont be going any higher than that for the first try.

on another note, I just had one sneak up and really take a chunk out of me.  it very well could be 100% coincidence, but I haven't had one come on so hard so fast in a LONG time so im wondering if it is due to the slight decrease in verapamil and depakote today.  either way, I was still able to abort in less than 5mins. with o2 and red bull

It sure does look to me like you know what you're doing. I'm glad that O2/Red Bull work so well for you. I don't have an answer to your verap/dopakote question but it seems that any time you relax your guard, the demon tests your defenses and if he can find a work-a-round or a way through a weak point, you're gonna get hit.

Ron

I have actually taken the mask off my set up and am sucking straight from the hose...... still not quite quick enough.

This may be obvious, but it wasn't to me from the above statement... You need the bag. Unless using a demand valve system, most regulators simply do not put out. The bag collects the O2 while you are exhaling, giving good suckability (New word?). Higher flow and bigger bag are better.

the demon tests your defenses and if he can find a work-a-round or a way through a weak point, you're gonna get hit.

Ron

ain't that the truth!!!!!  im bound and determined to knock this shut out and take my life back though. after I was first diagnosed, and then the months flew by, I had given into the fact that this was a part of my life on a daily basis forever...... well just a short few months later im not sure im gonna give in so easy.  you guys have a lot to do with that.  im gonna break this thing......

This may be obvious, but it wasn't to me from the above statement... You need the bag. Unless using a demand valve system, most regulators simply do not put out. The bag collects the O2 while you are exhaling, giving good suckability (New word?). Higher flow and bigger bag are better.

yeah yeah.... suckability.... i like it  :)  thanks for the input, and its great stuff..... wish i could follow through with a demand valve right now, but the sans mask works best for me.

the demon tests your defenses and if he can find a work-a-round or a way through a weak point, you're gonna get hit.

Ron

ain't that the truth!!!!!  im bound and determined to knock this shut out and take my life back though. after I was first diagnosed, and then the months flew by, I had given into the fact that this was a part of my life on a daily basis forever...... well just a short few months later im not sure im gonna give in so easy.  you guys have a lot to do with that.  im gonna break this thing......

You can do it!! :)

Mystina

seeds came!!  will be giving them a go for the first time this evening.

a couple more quick notes.....................

I use Apria for o2.  I believe its the only place in my area.  anyways, I visited them today to exchange a few E tanks and set up delivery for an M tank  (I know, I should done that months ago).......  well my dr.  purposely wrote my script for 7-17lpm because he knows the ways of the world.  Apria initially told me that their regulators only went up to 15lpm.  ok, no biggie.  but now that I see the necessity for a higher flow I gave them a little bit of guff about it today while I was in there.  they are special ordering a demand valve for me and my new M tank and my insurance (united healthcare) is covering the rental cost.  BONUS!!  just wanted to put that out there for anyone in my shoes that is trying to make do with the  "normal"  0-15lmp regulator.

also.................. I was reading in the  "airplane" thread and someone had mentioned keeping a copy of their  o2 script with them at all times just in case.  I think this is a GREAT idea.  I have been doing that the entire time...... and thank goodness I have never had to bust it out...... but I always have a copy in the car or in my wallet just in case.

so, you're all (or mostly) detoxed -- congratulations!!  and great going on the demand valve!!

you were thinking 35-50 seeds back when you were mulling this over.  i've always been reluctant to give specific dosage advice, but the more i see, the more i think 50 is the better of those two numbers, especially since you've said you're not troubled by the possibility of a light trip -- although even that seems quite unlikely at that dosage level.

it's such a pleasure to see you taking charge of this, and making your way out of the really awful circumstances you described in your first post.

yeah I stepped my meds down fairly rapidly I suppose.... but I feel ok.  today is my 1st day with no meds what-so-ever, and I know that I would have to be a few days med free for it to be completely out of my system, but patience is not my greatest virtue   ;D

also, I have an appt. set w/ my dr. in cleveland and I want to have a good dose in before then to relay effects and what-not.

ill be going with 60 seeds tonight.

also, and this is something I really haven't seen on this site, but when I was initially diagnosed back in jan. the doctor said I may wake up one day and  "just know" that the cycle is done.  obviously I find this pretty odd and intriguing.... and maybe this is for episodic people, but has anyone woke up and done cartwheels because they just  "knew"??

The 1st time Michael took a psychedelic (1/2 tab LSD) for his HA, he didn't notice anything until he woke up the next morning. He came running up the stairs yelling "my headache's gone, all of it, even the background HA." Pretty much a "cartwheel" state, I'd say.

This is the 1st I've heard of an insurance company paying for the rental cost of a demand valve. How much additional was the D.V.? Let us know how well it works for you.

Good luck tonight!

Ron

The 1st time Michael took a psychedelic (1/2 tab LSD) for his HA, he didn't notice anything until he woke up the next morning. He came running up the stairs yelling "my headache's gone, all of it, even the background HA." Pretty much a "cartwheel" state, I'd say.

This is the 1st I've heard of an insurance company paying for the rental cost of a demand valve. How much additional was the D.V.? Let us know how well it works for you.

Good luck tonight!

Ron

so it DOES happen  :)  good to know!

d.v. = demand valve??  I have no idea what the cost would be.  I can call back tomorrow and find out though.  I just know that Apria agreed to get one, I called my insurance and asked about it, and they said if the doc prescribed it, its covered.  I explained to them about the 0-15lpm valve and that my doc prescribed up to 17 if needed.  as stated earlier, he only said 17 on the script because that kinda leaves things open to go more than the normal 15lpm max  "regular" ones if needed.  I told insurance that Apria had a choice of the 15-40litre valve or the demand and they getting the demand.... insurance said okie dokie.  all good.

thanks for the kind words shaggy!!  yeah its NOTHING like those first couple of months before I got o2......  that was hell, everything since has just been a nuisance. 

------------

well, no cartwheels this morning.  just some leftover nausea.  I ended up crushing 65 seeds last night.  a couple of them didn't seem to have any/much white powder coming out of them so I used a few more to make up for it.  I did have a rough night sleeping, and awoke around 3am looking for the o2.  quick abort...... a few minutes walking around the house, and then back to bed.

we are going through the seasonal change here in southern Michigan and im experiencing some sinus pressure today.  its been raining for the past couple of days.  anyways, that's pretty normal for me.  I ordered 200 and received 300.  bonus..... but how long should I wait before I give it another go??

I figure another 4-5 day's maybe??  by then I will have been off all meds for 5 days and I assume they will be totally out of my system.

I had to drop Apria because their billing department is in Bum-fecked-some-other-country, and they are all idiots that read from a script.  Beware!

My advice is to find someone in the local office that will be willing to speak with you if there are any billing issues.

I think that if you are connected to BFSOC (above) you can request to speak with a supervisor in the US and they are obligated to transfer you.

I'm glad that you got a good 02 setup, and I hope your experience is better than mine was.

b.g., since this is your first dose, you can't expect too much, except maybe some post-dose hits (odd times and/or unusual strength) and then maybe a little gradual clearing.  this changing midwest weather isn't helping any, as you say.

you really should give it the full five days before the next one.

were you very nauseated when you first took it (since you mention leftover nausea in the morning and a bad night's sleep)?

I had to drop Apria because their billing department is in Bum-fecked-some-other-country, and they are all idiots that read from a script.  Beware!

My advice is to find someone in the local office that will be willing to speak with you if there are any billing issues.

I think that if you are connected to BFSOC (above) you can request to speak with a supervisor in the US and they are obligated to transfer you.

I'm glad that you got a good 02 setup, and I hope your experience is better than mine was.

thanks for the input!!  my insurance actually pays for everything.  we have already met our deductible and oust of pocket max for the year.  I did get a second mask a few months ago  (ya know the cheap cheesy ones) and they did bill me for that because the insurance didn't pick that up, but I was able to pay the  $6 right there in the office.  im in there once a week exchanging tanks so they all know me pretty well.  but yes, thanks for that info!!  ill keep that in mind for right after new years when we start all over on insurance for the year.

b.g., since this is your first dose, you can't expect too much, except maybe some post-dose hits (odd times and/or unusual strength) and then maybe a little gradual clearing.  this changing midwest weather isn't helping any, as you say.

you really should give it the full five days before the next one.

were you very nauseated when you first took it (since you mention leftover nausea in the morning and a bad night's sleep)?

thanks for the tip.  ill wait 5 days.  and i took them right after dinner last night.  simple chicken breast and rice and salad.  i felt totally fine.  i actually didnt sleep too bad (considering most nights) just that one wakening but o2 and a couple laps around the house killed it.  i WAS able to go right back to sleep which is a bit out of the ordinary for me.  normally once im up im up for a couple hours.