What we CH`s do

tingeling

Hi

In my experience as a chronic and i bet it is even worse for episodic`s during an episode, cause life is getting so much more turned up side down, i found it hard to not become CH. With that i mean it occupied my mind. When i started to bust and got better i realized i didn`t know exactly what to do and decided i needed a hobby. Didn`t know where to look for a hobby or what i really would like to do. My head had been occupied and filled with this condition for so long i felt it had erased me. Found this very difficult, challenging. Think it is easy to lean back and stop, then CH still got a grip on us in a way.

I started out trying things and ended up with CrossFit, different handcraft, mycology (It is a great hobby!! ;D), drawing and writing. Among some. But this is what i spend time doing like all the time.

It can be very much inspiring to hear about other peoples hobby's.

What is your hobby?

Tell me, tell us!!!  :)

PFW

Tingeling

I was so glad to make this connection with you at the conference. Though I have only been busting this year chronic as well.  The more I bust the more I feel better about my self these do more than help the pain. My activies are mountain biking and swimming Though my focus has been on my ch and my bi polar son and trying to get him the right help to prevent jail.  Not easy.

Hi there bubblesup!! After we talked at the conference i been wondering what our board name was :) And wow, yes that do not sound easy. You have to be one strong person to be coping with it all. Glad you found busting. I know what you mean that it works on so many other areas than just the pain, it done more for me than all the therapy i ever had.

Jeff, OMG how cool!! You never know, all of the sudden someone want what you make. That is so cool!!

It hits me, we are pretty active and maybe a bit extreme we CH`ers, aren`t we?

Tingeling, I went to, and had a read of your blog. I see you like crossfit. My combination of headaches - daily chronic, migraines, and clusters - pretty much prevent me from any kind of regular exercise. Anytime I get into a routine, I fall back into a period pain.

But, I'm hoping busting will bust that cycle, and I can exercise once again.

I find I have to keep busy, it helps to keep the demon away. So I make candles, do archery, write books, as well as have my own business and an active social life. If I stop, I hurt.

:) Yes, my long-term goal is to be a novelist. My first novel, which I plan on publishing early next year is called Katera and the Assassin: Katera - some sample chapters can be found here: www.katera-assassin.co.uk 

I'm going to be ghost writing a friends autobiography soon, if we can ever get our two calendars to mesh. But then I need to start book 2 of the Katera series. I also want to write a book on Pain - severe, invisible, pain.

But, I have about 10 or so other books outlined to write as well. Just not the time at the moment. Stupid day job. LOL

...I started learning guitar last year, very challenging for me, but gives me something to do at night when ch wakes me....

Hey RazorPP, I too found playing guitar in the wee hours to be a good way to focus away from the CH wake up calls, but wasn't able to pull it off at high kip levels of course. Not even the pull offs  :D. Doh I inserted another bad pun there.  :(

I like to spend time with my family, study a little quantum physics (Hawkings and Planck), reflexology, watch comedies, workout, jog, bike ride, yoga, tai chi, camping and many more.  Now with my newfound freedom I can start to be more focus more energy towards my extra interests and hobbies.  Thanks Guys!

work out, working out, fishing, playing guitar, I started learning guitar last year, very challenging for me, but gives me something to do at night when ch wakes me, chronic 

That is the nicest thing i have ever been told. Thank you so much  :)

Wow!! To do what we are doing, looking at the different hobbies, it takes a very strong person i think to keep holing on to interests like this. It show once again how incredibly strong we CH`ers are.  :)

I shoot: competitively and hunting.

OK. Now that that is said and out there, I can go on to the rest.

I read, raise cows, chickens, and ducks. I garden and plant lots of flowers. 8-) Flowers make me happy. :)

We have two businesses, as well.

Currently, my other hobby is napping. :-[

spiny

Hey Hejada,

Sometimes it seems like it's rare to find a CH'er who doesn't play guitar, leading me to joke that it could be the nickel in the strings that is seeping into our systems and causing the CH. ;D

If you're playing a nylon string that blows that whole theory though.  :D