New site search engine

CHfather

I'm thrilled to see the new search engine here. It will really be helpful -- so much better than what we've had.  Thanks to whoever installed it!  Right now, however, it doesn't seem to be working -- the response to every query I enter is "No Results."  Is there some connection that's missing?

also you can go right to google and search things like cluster headache or any thread topic we have, it appears that google is able to index the board. which is nice for those lost souls looking for help. you can even search my user name and pull up my posts from google

when you search and get a thread in a category other than "general board" the request to log in or register is still dominant correct?

AO

from some quick testing, it seems that anything posted in a category here that says "guests can view" is visible through google, while posts in the two categories that say "login required" ("share your busting stories" and "clusterbuster files") are not accessed by google.

DJ installed the google search yesterday, (I asked for one right after he installed one on ch.com)

Thanks DJ.   :-)

It will take several days for indexing to occur.

The posts on the private boards remain unavailable to search engines and non-members.

FG

maybe because i was logged in on the board my results were different than some other joe shmo who wouldnt be a member

anyways a good resource i suppose, good work guys

AO