Thanks CH, for being a good early warning system.

Pixie-elf

I was kinda minding my own business Saturday when I got a virus/sore throat. I started taking Bee Propolis, and as a rule, if it's not better in 2 days, I go to minor care. The doc does a swab for strep, no strep.

So he suggests it's just a upper respiratory virus, I shouldn't take antibiotics for just a virus, but he'll write them just in case. Instead, Mucinex and Ibuprofen for a few days should make it go away.

I wasn't quite convinced... I had him give me a script of antibiotics just in case things got worse real fast and I needed them to protect my shunt.

I also noticed my hits had been going from 1's and 2's up to 4's or so since this crap had started.

I woke up today with a massive headache, and with a nasty hit. I had taken decongestants to help me sleep, as they're not a trigger... and they'd worn off after like 6 hours. I was miserable. I told my Mom and Aunt I needed to go to the ER.

I get there, have to wait around an hour while they do a CT scan on me before giving me anything, the hit peaks at a 9. (Mom got pretty scared she said) They finally call me back to tell me that they were giving me some morphine, and that I had a bad sinus infection.

I got my shot, hit got better, then we went and got my Clindamycin. Feeling a lot better.

Thanks CH, for letting me know something was BAD wrong. You did something right for once. Good beastie. Now don't think that means you can go back into high cycle, feckface.

Mystina

ETA: And as someone who has suffered from tons of sinus infections, I will say this one was weird. The pain I was feeling did not feel like a sinus infection at all. Had the CH not been so bad, I might have just ignored it as pain from the 'virus'.

Good beastie. Now don't think that means you can go back into high cycle, feckface.

LOL now that's keeping your beastie disciplined.

A hit peaking at 9 - there's a horror show that'll screw with your day!  :o >:( Here's hoping it was strictly a one time rogue visit from old feckface.   :-/

Good beastie. Now don't think that means you can go back into high cycle, feckface.

LOL now that's keeping your beastie disciplined.

A hit peaking at 9 - there's a horror show that'll screw with your day!  :o >:( Here's hoping it was strictly a one time rogue visit from old feckface.   :-/

Yeah, I'm pretty  sure it was just a rogue hit due to the infection / pressure on the trigeminal nerve. Hell, this past January I had strep, and it triggered me pretty bad. It didn't spike up to anywhere near this high though.

My rule is once it starts getting to the point where I'm suicidal it's time to go to the ER. I went in at an 8, and I guess the beast leveled up while I was in the damned waiting room. Bastard. I'm just thankful that they do have drugs that do help me if I need it.

On another note, I've lost my voice pretty much, so about the only thing I can do is whisper. It's kinda funny.  :D