hi im new to this

evolution

Quick update, have been to visit my GP today, I presented him with my headache diary and the report on oxygen. He had a quick glance through the diary and basically said its above his remit to prescribe oxygen or injectible sumatriptan and that I need to wait for the neuro to do the rest. He said I can have more nasal spray if I need it and thats about it.

Frustrating as hell.

I work in the construction industry and we have people like GP's, we call them jack of all trades, master of none. A handyman of sorts but with no specific expertise.

For the first time ever I managed to get a medical cert with cluster headaches written on it. I think my cycle is almost over now so as long as I dont run into any solvents i should be OK. Lets just hope I can see the real doctors before he wakes up again.

I don't know if this would work where you reside, but many over here use welders O2.

You can get a proper non-rebreather mask at the sister site for about $25.00 plus shipping. Someone will post more on that most likely.

The other 'nicety' is a regulator so you can dial 15LPM or more as needed.

However, you can still run without the LPM regulator or mask. For quite a while, I used my regular welding set-up. Just turned on the O2 and added a wet washcloth over the welding tip. It helped to reduce the dryness of the O2 and I felt safer blocking off the tip and any residue left on it. My husband watched me a few times because he was worried I would turn on the Acetylene instead! :-[

At first, I was concerned with it being 'welder' O2 and perhaps causing problems. Then, I remembered all the guys I used to work with huffing the O2 to kill a hangover! :)

In my reading and from what my regulator says, you will need at least 300PSI input from the tank.

I still use this O2 supply, since my Dr says that O2 is too expensive! >:( Fools can be doctors around the world.

You can also make a bag to cover the hose or tip on the tank. That way, there is plenty of O2 in the bag. Just be sure to exhale away from the O2 bag. Slit and tape the bag to the supply and make a hole to suck it out from

elsewhere on the bag.

If you continue in construction, I bet you might find a welding set-up on site at work! Tell them you have a 'slight' hangover! 8-)

spiny

Im in cardiff, wales. where I live it shouldnt be too much of a problem to arrange my own O2, but it would be nice to get it on prescription. But I will go belt and braces otherwise.

Im glad the husband watched you, sucking on acetylene is probably not a good idea  ;)