beer test

evolution

Hi peeps, Im trying to work out how long my cycle lasts, as ive always thought they were sinus infections id never really worried about it as long as they went.

I keep seeing this beer test thing pop up so im making a few enquiries and wonder if anyone could help me out a bit. Im pretty much starting from scratch with my knowledge apart from what ive read here and there. So a couple of questions for you.

Does this work for everyone?

does it matter how much you drink?

will this show miosis?

What i want to avoid is going a bit heavy and waking him up with a vengeance, or not going heavy enough and thinking its over when it isnt. Im nervous enough about testing the water but i need to find answers in order to better understand. Any advice would be appreciated.

lol, I am always the designated driver, I stay away from any kind of alcohol even when not in a cycle because I fear what comes after I consume a tiny amount of any kind of alcohol, I just don't ever want to tempt it. I like to drink occasionally but as I have gotten older I fear the beast will return.

There are even times that if my wife uncorks a bottle of merlot and I am next to it during a cycle it seems to bring on shadows for me.

I am currently trying to bust this cycle - but if I were to have a sip or even get my nose down into a wine glass of red wine right now, I would be on the floor or running in circles.

For me about 2 minutes after alcohol consumption I am going to get a hit. It is different for other I think, but I am pretty sure it is a trigger for the majority of us. I used to test myself to see if I was out of a cycle or not by having a dark beer, I would know within 5 minutes or less. There have been other times that I had a beer and later that night I would get shadows.

It is the true test for me to see if a cycle has ended or not, but again I try to never tempt it now a days. I dont know about others but that is how I am.

evolution, for the very vast majority of us, alcohol is a no-no during a cycle, a for sure trigger within 5-10 minutes of the first sip. Myself, just thinking of alcohol gets me a shadow. But when I'm out of the cycle, I can drink all I want. Some of us like to do the 'beer test' to check if the cycle is over. Myself, I'm not that adventurous and wait many weeks after the end of a cycle before trying any alcohol. Some clusterheads claim that alcohol is not a trigger for them. I have a hard time believing that. Apparently, darker alcohol are worst (red wine, whiskey...), but I never tested this very much. I just stay away from any alcohol when in a cycle.

Evo,

For some of us, beer is a BIG trigger. Two sips gave me my first K9-10 about 8-9 years ago. A beer will still signal a new cycle for me.

Passing the Beer Test, for me, means drinking a beer about 5-7 days after I think the current cycle has ended. If the dragon stays put, I PASSED the BEER TEST! :D

If the cycle is not over, I will get hit before the bottle is half empty. >:(

I use the 'Beer Test' because beer, one of my favorite beverages, is a sure fire determination of the cycle end.

Hope this helps!! :)

spiny

who passed the Beer Test today :D :D :D :D :D

Of course she was cautious and only drank ONE!  ::)

Does this work for everyone?

does it matter how much you drink?

will this show miosis?

I can be PF for several weeks, think I'm safe, drink a 16 oz. can and deeply regret it about 15 or 20 minutes later. Other times it doesn't bother me a bit. I don't gamble with it very damn often. The headaches I get after drinking are the worst imaginable. I know I'll screw up and try it again in a few weeks when the weather warms up and a cold brew is irresistibly tempting. I'm kinda regretting it already.

The whole beer test thing seems to be "different strokes for different folks".

Good luck if you give it a shot.

Well thats sort of the reaction I expected, different folks, different strokes, I dont drink except for special occasions and then its white rum (bacardi) or lager. Obviously I dont want to go and neck half the bottle only to find out that he is not so asleep after all, is it worse the more you drink? or is it so obvious that you only drink a little bit? People may differ but with a bit of help i can make an informed decision as opposed to a blind one. I like the russian roulette comparison because thats how nervous i am about doing it but I really feel the need to document it so im better prepared for next time.

My surest sign I am out of cycle, however huge caveat coming...... I don't go near the test till I am PF for at least two weeks, no shadows, no twinges, no "am I getting one, nope ok". I call it hard remission, I believe that I have screwed up 2 remissions by passing the beer test and then going out a few days later and having a few more, still good and then a week later it is back. My 2 cents for all it is worth. Good luck, hope you pass!!

Have an abortive ready...russian roulette indeed.

the bb

good luck

Now thats my problem, all I have at the moment is imigran nasal spray and red bull so im not keen.

Also Ive been having twinges all day today :-( so i think i'd better leave it for now.

David am I right in thinking that you believe consuming alcohol before your cycle is over actually prolongs your cycle ? Does anyone else experience this?

In order for me to be able to manage this better, finding out how long my cycle lasts would be a good start. At the moment I figure it lasts around 5-6 weeks (from onset of shadows to end of significant twinges) with a peak of about 7-10 days, however I thought i was out of the woods until i lost the fight with some line marking spray. Im not sure if the cycle starts before the shadows or how long it ends after the twinges stop. To be honest im not sure about much any more :-/

The only way I have of finding information is to either experiment on myself or ask on here where people have significantly more experience than me.

Evo: to answer your question, yes I do believe alcohol lengthens MY cycle, as we all know all of us are different. I am so afraid of screwing up again that even though I feel like I may be going into remission I will be watching my beloved Giants on Super Bowl Sunday sans a beer in hand.

Good Luck