Legal fund

What would happen heaven forbid someone does get busted for busting? Would we come to their aid? What would we do? Should we have a legal fund to help our headbanging brothers? What else could we do? It is a matter of time before it happens...it should be challenged legally if it does. You know a legal precident carries much weight. Does one exist? I would be glad to put up the first 50 dollars and would challenge anyone to match it.

just thinkin :o

the bb

i'm down with a pledge for that purpose, just because it absolutely seems like the right thing to do. 

however, i don't imagine that any favorable legal precedent could be established.  the law's the law, and judges can't go around changing it for special cases.  i imagine a lawyer would try to create a "jury nullification" situation, in which the jury was so sympathetic to the accused person that it wouldn't apply the law to him/her (or a prosecutor wouldn't want to take the case to trial), but that doesn't create a precedent.

that's just my guess.  i'm usually wrong. 

I agree thebb!  I personally have found relief without having to bust. Yet, I feel that it is not fair that anybody else has to hide their medicine regardless of what it is.  I will stand up and help my fellow CH brethren.  I don't have much but I will help with whatever I can.

It seems the only responsible thing to do as a collective. The case would need to be vetted through an application process. Defended in a medical necessity premise, with testimony from professionals ...which is very expensive. I do believe we could set a legal precedent that would provide at least a basic defense for all. Man that case would cost..We all have something to gain from this. The account could possibly administered through a non-profit.

Am I nuts or what. :D Only five responses??? :oNot enough time perhaps. ;)

the bb :-*

Incredible Idea.  Could ClusterBusters be the administrator of the funds?  That would save some up-front costs, and most of the donations to the defense fund, could be used solely for defense.  Speaking with no experience of how to do this.

But, INCREDIBLE IDEA, and I am in.  I'll talk to my partner, and see if we can set aside 10% of our net profits for this purpose.  I think he might have reason to say yes!  Then lets hope we have a bang up year, and get the fund started properly!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

maybe I could sell my Zomig spray and verapamil

No need you can help in many other ways than money my friend.

lets be safe out there.

We simply need to keep working on the details.

the bb

im in!  mostly broke but if the situation ever does present itself, I will make something happen.  ive had dreams of winning the lottery (or eventually achieving HUGE SUCCESS) [lol] and starting up a CH vacation paradise... endless oxygen... a good place to detox from nasty medication a newcomer might have been prescribed...  and of course treatment  :D

I'm in!! 

AND I'd highly recommend we INNUNDATE the court with witnesses that have CH from this board, if anyone were to be prosecuted!!!!  In my minds eye I could see the jury hearing witness after witnsss after witness with CH that successfully treated their CH with these alternative treatments that found NO relief from the Dr prescribed cr$p.... 

I'd take some vacation to go testify for any of my CH brothers and sisters from this board!...  ;)

Jeff

2Funguys are in.  10% of profits will go to this fund.  I also volunteer to be treasurer   ::) Complete with quarterly accounting statements, etc. 

Need to work out details, like can donations be tax deductible?  I know a non-profit is needed, so I was thinking (out-loud again) that the fund could be run through CB, so as the contributions would be tax-deductible.  There are probably some people that would want to donate to help us Clusterheads out.

Still loving this idea! It would be nice to know if any judge has CH.  And see if we could have a change of venue to wherever that judge presides. 

The choices we have to make to be pain free...

Way to take the "Bull by the horns", Tuckerman.  Damnit, we are a mixed crowd of intelligent and responsible people who deserve a shot at PF life! (As does every, fecken human being on this big ass dirtball that we live on!) 

ClusterHeads UNITE!

Wow, that felt GOOD!

BUMP

Was talking with a good friend yesterday, and he happens to have a ton of money.  He would contribute to the fund, knowing exactly what its for, as he knows the choices I have to make to treat this beast.  He would probably contribute a lot, if it were tax deductible.

Who knows  anything about non-profits and how to set one up?  I am hoping that it would not be a conflict for ClusterBusters to get involved, so we can save $$$ on start up.  Who should I bother about this? FunGuy? Mr. Wold? Alleyoop?   :D

Let me know if ClusterBusters can house the defense fund under its umbrella.

Have a good day!

Tuck

Morning Spiny!

I think it is necessity to get this going.  I know the fundraisers usually happen after the need has arisen, but in this case, I think it would be best to be proactive, and to have a good attorney on retainer.  Maybe one that has CH. 

We could all start compiling in one place the evidence of how effective this treatment is, how we approach new people that come here (meaning walking them through the process, not just giving them psychedelic drugs and leaving)

Once BOL-148 is on the market, and provided we haven't used the fund, we could donate the funds to helping people, that otherwise would not have access, get BOL.

I know, I know... cart before the horse.  Just really excited to get this going.  I like your choice Spiny!

Off to go be with my mama... she is having her second knee replacement surgery in about 2 hours... so, if y'all wouldn't mind, send some healing vibes to Mama Tuckerman!

Thanks

Was talking with a good friend yesterday, and he happens to have a ton of money.He would contribute to the fund, knowing exactly what its for

Wow great news!! and 10% of your profits, that's very generous. Congrats Thank you, Hurray how do we spell this... Hourra!! Bravo! Merveilleux  :D

• 3 weeks later...