New Here!

Mrsgrneyedldy

I remember reading about those lab tests, but I can't recall where.... is there a thread about these lab tests, CHfather?
  Purp, I admire how much you've dug into this and then shared your knowledge with others.  As I was trying to figure out how to prepare RC (before I came to this site), I was reading all these scarily complicated extraction methods (using naptha and other chemicals) at the sites populated by recreational users.  I pulled on some old college ties and contacted someone at a med school who I was told would know about these things from a research perspective.  I told him I was thinking of trying an extraction with red wine, but that seemed so simple compared to those complicated methods that I wasn't sure it would work.  He was wonderfully generous with his advice to me, and among what he wrote was the following:

>>> A cold-water extraction is fine, since lysergic acids are quite water-soluble. There is a lot of misinformation on the topic of extraction.... Lysergic amides are water-soluble so an alcohol extraction shouldn't be necessary--but wine is close enough to water from a chemical standpoint that it's the same thing. There's endless debate about the number of seeds necessary, but my analysis found a ten-fold difference in LSA content from batch to batch, so it's impossible to predict how much LSA is in a given seed without trying it. Generally five days between successive administrations seems to be necessary.<<<<

So that is the source of my "knowledge" about methods of extraction and time between doses.  I'm sure he would agree with others here that the "science" of it is still imprecise and evolving.

I had forgotten (this exchange took place in 2010) that he also discussed kudzu and LSA, which is a topic that was brought up recently in davidj's thread, but here's what he said (correctly, it seems) on that subject:

>>>Kudzu seems to help intensity, frequency and duration of attacks, but doesn't affect period length. I suspect it's the estrogenic effects of kudzu that helps with cluster headache, and I'm unaware of any interaction with LSA (doesn't mean there ISN'T one of course).<<<

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, So I busted w/ 50 rc seeds two weeks ago about! No luck, they did not work was going to use the rest and bust again, but the pain levels I was experiencing were horrible. I couldnt take it one nite so I used imtrex! Yeah, Yeah, Yeah I kno bad girl! Anyway in the mean time I was blessed to get some Vitamin M, Continuing W/ my detox. Was able to bust last nite. Took my medicine at 7,not sure exactly how much, but it was enough!Took about 2 hours to kick in (definitly Triped but mild) Good experience! Mind you, Im very sleep deprived 3 to 4 hits a night, the same during the day! And if I try to nap during the day, my head won't let me, soon as I fall into a deep sleep.. I'm disturbed by an attack of the beast! Anyway so I got sleepy at about 11pm,last time I looked at the clock it was midnight!Woke w/ a hit at 1am level 5 easily aborted w/ the last of my O2! Back to sleep I went. 3:15 am up like a rocket outta bed level 7 quickly climbing, mind you out of 02! Went outside in the cold,paced...came back in used ice heat,somewhere along the way after reaching an easy 9 passed out again. That was unusual, usually never pass out w/ pain in progress. Woke ok, drained no umph! No shadow yet.....Guess I'll see if my head will let me nap!So are these Slapbacks? Is this normal? Am I a lost cause! Any ideas or oppinions are needed and welcomed! :-/ :'(

No, you are NOT a lost cause, just have a stubborn visitor that wants to hand around with you.

Get your O2 refilled quickly, as today and tomorrow should be "slapback" days.  I had a similar experience when I first busted.  It was like having a CH without the pain.  All the same areas were "awake" but no pain.  I believe you are on the right track, so keep on going down the road. 

We all have so much admiration for you in your fight.... you will win the war  ;D.... but not every battle. :-[

Hang in there!

That was unusual, 

Sounds to me you're on the right track. Busting made me go through all sorts of unusuals also, like shadow on my left side.

Hang on, I'm certain relief is on the way. Hope you can get more vitamin M. :-)

What Tuckerman said!!!!!!

Have you tried coffee or energy drink at the start of one?

Glad you got some O2! :D :D :D :D Great stuff.

Get more!

Sounds like you are getting there. 8-) 8-) You have a whole cheering team here. :)

JEEZ! Tried to add a jumping smiley and they disappeared from  the screen! It won't open now. So, guess ya will have to picture one!

I felt very emotional reading that you had slept pain free through the night i know what a "BIG DEAL" that is and i am so happy for you. Your post last week was the first one i read coming on to the board and i immediately knew i was at the right place. Hope you have a PF day.

Yeaaaaaahhhh!!!!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=cheesy.gif] [smiley=cool.gif]

I'm so glad for you, Mrsgrneyedldy. What a wonderful feeling it must be for you after so long. And please keep us informed if you have anymore slapbacks or if the monster is already sound asleep.

YAYYY!  [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

That's un-freekin-believably fantastic.

'Scuse me for a sec now while I lead the stadium in a cheer here:

[move]Viatmin M!   Viatmin M!   Viatmin M!    Viatmin M!   Viatmin M!Viatmin M!   Viatmin M!   Viatmin M!  Viatmin M!   Viatmin M!   Viatmin M! [/move]

Okay,woke last nite w/ my typical 4 hits, the pain scale was much lower than normal tho and each one easily aborted w/ O2! Dag nabit was hoping for a lil more than 12 hrs PF! Obviously must continue to Bust, accordingly! I'm still happy as hell bout the nite b4 last!Anywho hope you all are good and PF! Very busy next two days! Gatta run! :P

I'm sorry you didn't get more PF time too, Mrsg. Chronics have a tougher time busting than episodics but with a little time and patience you'll be okay. You'll notice after a few busts that each attempt has lessened the overall pain level a little bit - even after those attempts that haven't given you much completely PF time. Just keep hitting it every 5 days for a while and you'll see. What PF time you got from this last bust was pretty magic though, huh? Like a little piece of heaven.