Newbie in cycle

iPain

Only governments could apply such backwards logic to a situation.

I agree but with one possible substitution in the case of reasonably democratic governments:

"Only society could apply such backwards logic to a situation."

I believe that in the UK and US for instance it's not so much a case of us against them, with governments enforcing drug laws societies don't want. Seems to me that "we", our society, still favors these drug laws, and the if the public were to become more educated, which leaders and organizations can certainly help with, a change could be demanded and won.

[Disclaimer: granted - big money, whether from big pharma or whoever can corrupt the process]

Wuh ohhh, if I just said something politically controversial here I may have to delete or retract it, because that violates my strong belief that hot button politics can distract from and poison what we need to focus on here, and should be avoided.

Just got a call that my oxygen will be delivered tonight!  I never thought I could be so excited for OXYGEN.  That seems to be the one consensus for CH sufferes though - get O2.

I've actually managed to esacpe any major CH all day so far, but have had fairly significant, annoying, and draining shadows all day long.  Has anyone had success in aborting day-long shadows with O2 or that really more for CH attacks?  Thanks!

So you managed to avoid a CH all day - What happened when you went to sleep? Did you get woken up by the beast? During the day at work when I get shadows I drink a crap load of Red Bulls and take very fast paced walks. It helps a little.

Jeebs,

The history of our 'drug laws' points directly to our 'society'. Everything on the 'no,no' list was put there by a special interests group. Get rid of X because the poor or A. American or Hispanics use it and scare us 'good' folks to death!!!!!! ::)

Ever watch 'The History of Drugs'? I think that is the name. William Randolph Hearst got pot on the list so he could sell his new technique for making paper!!!! >:(

Now we can't even make hemp ropes for crying out loud!!!

Of course, all of these drugs have made some segment of society 'dangerous' to some other segment. Therefore, they must be banned. :o

Gotta protect all the kids and women folk ya know. ;)

No, you didn't violate a 'hot button' in my opinion. I firmly believe the gov should stay out of my business anyway.

Protect the kids? Sure. The adults are supposed to be adult, aren't they?

spiny

who hopes she didn't hit a Hot Button

iPain, when your O2 is set up, be sure you're using your mask properly.  Here's the recommendation from http://www.clusterheadaches.com/O2/index.html

>>>Notice the little round white disks on the side of the mask.  These control the exhaled air, and the outside air.  If there is not one on each side, either tape over the other one, or (as I do) place your thumb over the holes, during an inhalation, and then remove the thumb during an exhalation.  If these valves are not present, or in good flexible condition, you will not get the full 100% oxygen that is required....If you are male, and have facial hair, you may have trouble getting a full seal around the mask.  You may want to just remove the mask, itself, and breathe straight from the plastic valve mechanism.<<<

Eventually, you might want to get the O2ptimask, which is made specifically for people with CH and is very highly regarded.  http://www.clusterheadaches.com/khxc/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=LifeGas

A lot of people here have said that drinking ginger tea helps them with shadows.