New to the site. Thanks for all the help already!

Whooligun

• 3 weeks later...

Have taken RC seeds twice, and feel like they are really trying to work.  Im normally a skeptical person, but both times I woke up with the clearest head Ive had in over a year. 

The only problem is the crazy weather here.  My CH are really affected by weather changes, and in Northern Ontario, the weather has been nuts.  In a 2 week span, we've had 2 major winter storms, 2 separate periods of warm, snow melting weather, and drastic temperature changes that have been driving my head nuts.

I'm still trying to track down some shrooms, but like I said I do feel like the seeds are having a positive effect.  I'm off everything except for 2-4 tylenol 3's a day, which is pretty good.

I really feel like as soon as the weather settles for a couple weeks, my cluster will finally come to an end.  Maybe not for long, but this one has been going on for over a year, so a week off would be great.  I have finals coming, and I need the clear head for school!

Just wanted to say thanks again for having this site up.  I really feel like it;s helped a lot, and I appreciate everyone's efforts.

Have taken RC seeds twice, and feel like they are really trying to work.  Im normally a skeptical person, but both times I woke up with the clearest head Ive had in over a year...I really feel like as soon as the weather settles for a couple weeks, my cluster will finally come to an end.   

YAY. [smiley=thumbup.gif] And please keep in mind that it's more effective to bust when in remission than when in the midst of an episode, so busting before a next expected episode could be a good idea.  8-)

• 3 weeks later...

My ch are strongly related to the weather, which in northern Ontario, is constantly changing.  After a period of 4 nice days in a row, and after busting with rc seeds for the 3rd time in 3 weeks, they are running on fumes.

I don't know if it's the weather or the seeds, but I will bust again to be sure, and I know what to do when I feel them coming on again.

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone on here of your help.  It's nice to have some pain free days again!

Hi Whooligun & welcome to a new and improved way of life!

I've been chronic for 4 years now, but the last 2 years have been "chronic with an effective treatment", which is far better than "CHRONIC PERIOD"

Because I hit an emotional low after my first few treatments (when the activity would ratchet back up) I like to share my new and improved sentiments & outlook.

It's very easy to get "down or irritated" when the beast returns after a treatment.  Even if it's 2 weeks later, I would still find myself questioning if I was doing things correctly or worse was I never going to be consistently pf??

Once I began to read or hear other chronic's tales of busting I realized I'd be far better off recognizing that my "treatments" were definitely something far easier to live with than the consistent attacks & shadows in a life w/o treatment.

Incredibly, your doctor's response to O2 and it's effectiveness is pretty common (sad  :-/). Getting the relief oxygen has brought to so many of us shouldn't have to be a fight. Your relief is first & foremost, so if you can find a proper set up through the welding supply houses, go for it!!!

If you have a follow-up visit scheduled with your doc (and you're already finding your welding tank set up on the web) consider your visit to be an opportunity to edu'macate by sharing the following articles.  The sources are credible!!! 

http://journals.lww.com/neurotodayonline/Fulltext/2010/01210/Major_Study_Confirms_Efficacy_of_Oxygen_Therapy.13.aspx

http://www.ouchuk.org/html/news/Oxygen%20and%20Cluster%20Headache.pdf

My motto:

"Treat thyself, edu'macate ignorance"

Cindy  ;)