How has you CH year been?

spiny

Have the past 12 months been worse or better?

I just wondered, because mine has been the worst and I am seeing a lot of new people on here. I'm sure the Nat Geo exposure has done a lot to help, but I am curious to know if there has been an uptick all around or not.

Things like:

1 Is your cycle longer?

2 Have you had more cycles?

3 Have you gone from episodic to chronic?

4 Are your hits harder?

5 Are you getting more hits per day?

6 Do you have to bust more frequently now?

7 Have you had to change your busting meds?

8 Are you using more per bust?

Add to the list if you can or wish to. :)

spiny

curiouser and curiouser

As I got older...  Um... er...  I'm really not that old ;)

My cycles got longer and more painful.  Since starting busting (two years now) I've only had one full blown cycle and that was because I pulled a stupid and didn't take my medicine on time.  That cycle was unresponsive to seeds but fungus put it down fairly quickly.  Dosing every 2 to 3 months since and all's clear!!  yippe... PF days are still here!!!

Jeff

My CH changed over the years, longer stretches between cycles but longer cycles, but most these changes occurred many years ago.

These past years I notice pain shifting, leaving my eye PF, but intensity of pain increasing in the neck. The pain in the eye re-appeared as I was busting for the first time, but light. Also noticed I get shadows on the left side too, that's been increasing these past years.

So I'd say no uptick on my side, just slight changes

Mine have definitely become more intense over the years and lasting a little longer each cycle.  Went from about 1 month as a kid and now have become nearly 3 months as an adult. 

Well, I think it is safe to say that I am now fully out of this last cycle, which started mid-October.  For the first time in my life, I barely new it was there.  I did at least suffer terribly for about 2 and half weeks till I found this site and acquired the greatest PF knowledge, so far, known to man.  I am usually  overjoyed by the final end of a cycle but I hardly experienced that this time.  I just hope that I have the same success during the next cycle.!!!

I still feel bad for those whose have yet to find help and I send them positive thoughts and wishes that it finds them soon.

BTW Purp!  I am right behind you in posts.  It is full Member @ 100 posts, right?  I'm at 98.  Gnarly!!!!

My last cycle began March 5th, 5:53pm, but I'm not keeping track. LOL.  It was the worst cycle of my life, hands down.  :-X  Had several 3 hour Kip 7-9, and one K10 for almost 2 hours.  Several hits a day, all meds were useless.  It lasted more than 8 weeks, and was awful.  The cycle before that, was the easiest I have ever had.  A few doses of Vitamin M, and only had 3 days of hits.  O2 knocked them all out within 15mins.

Not sure what to make of it, as the easiest and worst were within a year of each other.  I have started a preventative schedule 1 time per month, and hopefully, that will keep it away.

1 Is your cycle longer? Yes by almost double this particular cycle

2 Have you had more cycles? Nope. Still coming every three months. However I'm interested/concerned as to how they will act after this cycle..

3 Have you gone from episodic to chronic? As far as I know episodic, but they seem to be acting more chronic. Only time will tell if my cycle has changed or if it will remain the same.

4 Are your hits harder? Yes

5 Are you getting more hits per day? Nope

6 Do you have to bust more frequently now? Yes and no. LSA is much weaker than LSD or psilocybin. It took two busts of HBWR this cycle to calm it down enough to be functional.

7 Have you had to change your busting meds? Only because of a lack of psychedlics. Otherwise, no.

8 Are you using more per bust? Negative!

:P

I have been in my longest cycle. It peaked at Christmas/New Years.

While it is better now, it isn't gone. I have never had such aggravation and pain and lost life for so long.

This time a year ago, I was fine. Mostly PF for a year. Then, the Dilitazam stopped working. I had de-tox for two weeks before going back to Verap. That started the hell. Sept 15th, I realized I was in full cycle even though back on the Verap. The bitch hasn't left since.

But, she has lost a lot of power. :) :) For that I am extremely grateful.

Bob,

That's what I have heard from my Neuro. We have had a mild winter, but killer, almost constant barometric changes.

I can almost tell someone when the pressure starts to drop, cause CH kicks in. Time has nothing to do with it. I will get a random hit when that little arrow points 'down' on my weather station.

So, if the barometer drops, would that mean that the pressure in your noggin is too high relative to the ambient pressure? Does this set the random's into motion? I do think so, as I will get a random when moving to higher altitudes with lower pressure.

Evidently I am not the only one either. Now, if we could just figure out how to lower that head pressure!!!!!

I can almost tell someone when the pressure starts to drop, cause CH kicks in. Time has nothing to do with it. I will get a random hit when that little arrow points 'down' on my weather station.
Oh  :-? ...

I never noticed that; I don't notice barometer variations... so would it mean those living where there are less barometric variations get less CH?

I don't know much about weather mechanisms, but I think we go through a lot of barometric variations up here.

Interesting... we've had the same weather/climate patterns down here in central TX. Mild winter with weird weather, a lot of atmospheric disturbances that have toyed with the temps and most likely the barometric pressure. This has my attention, I may start keeping these things logged in my CH journal.

I don't think they get less, but perhaps they get fewer 'random' hits.

Mine go by the clock normally. But, when I start to get those 'odd' ones, it is a sure sign the weather is changing and barometric dropping. Rising pressure does not cause a problem.

When ucky weather is moving in (gonna rain, etc.) the baro goes down and my CH goes into overdrive. I have been watching this for over a year now when I am active with CH. Front came thru yesterday and I paid for it. Hit at 1:00, 4:30, 8:30, 9:30, and 12:30. Baro is up today and I only had one at 4:30 with shadows all day. I think the shadows are leftovers!!  >:( But, it leaves me in a $h.... place for tonight. Shadows turn when I try to sleep. With any luck it will be a single about 9:30.

I can safely go down the mountain, to higher pressure with no problem. Coming back up, I will get hit. Weird. :-?

It's very interesting, I wish I had kept track of any data in the past three decades, but I haven't. I remember reading that headaches could be an ancient useful function humans had that is not useful anymore, like reactions to certain odours, compounds... and a living barometer ;D, that's useful

Oh and plz don't call me 404 ... think I'll change this now

I remember reading that headaches could be an ancient useful function humans had that is not useful anymore, like reactions to certain odours, compounds... and a living barometer , that's useful

Could you PM me a link or post it here if that info is available? I'm absolutely intrigued by this.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Could you PM me a link or post it here if that info is available? I'm absolutely intrigued by this.
Here's one article on that topic: http://w.baillement.com/texte-migraine-evolutionary.pdf

(Not PMing it because it might be of some general interest.)

What I had read was like a paragraph long and I don't have the reference, but this is a very interesting read CHfather, thank you. I will be reading this closely later as it feeds my thoughts.