Changing my name - was Renée

MoxieGirl

Hi guys and gals,

Awhile back, Bonkers said: "Hi, Renee. An old term, from the name of a mid-last-century soft drink: moxie - applies to you in spades."

I looked up Moxie, and couldn't agree more. So have decided to change my online name to MoxieGirl.

Moxie, from dictionary.com means:

vigor, verve, pep, courage and aggressiveness, nerve, skill and know-how.

Not to be confused in any way with MoxieGirls - website designers in the States, or Moxie Girlz, which are cute little dolls.

MG

I guess you can call yourself anything you want, it's just that everyone here is used to having you call yourself Renee and anyone who doesn't show up here every couple of days could easily miss the name-change and wonder where you'd gone. Everyone would come around eventually though, I suppose. Whatever.

I guess you can call yourself anything you want, it's just that everyone here is used to having you call yourself Renee and anyone who doesn't show up here every couple of days could easily miss the name-change and wonder where you'd gone. Everyone would come around eventually though, I suppose. Whatever.

Very true indeed. But as someone who has changed their real name, I have faith that people will catch on eventually.

It might help though if I sign my posts as MG (aka Renee) or MoxieGirl (aka Renee) for awhile. Just to ease everyone into it.

Plus, not changing my avatar, so that might help people identify me too. It is rather a distinctive picture.

xx

MG (aka Renée)

Hi Purple,

Thanks for the link and info. But, even looking on the urban dictionary, moxie is always a noun, can't find an example of it being a verb.

Some of the definitions are:

sass, courage, spunk, determination, attitude I will take this as the American use of 'spunk' which goes along with sass, courage, etc., and not the UK meaning of the word 'spunk'.

a hot chick or possibly a hoe. originated from EzFang. This is the only place I have ever seen it associated with 'hoe', although have also seen hot or attractive woman. I Googled EzFang, and couldn't find much info of value, so not putting a lot of stock into this meaning.

noun. unmitigated gall. Unmitigated - that works for me.

Having moxie means having enough cleverness, skill, creativity, fortitude and cajones to solve (or, at least, to get out of) a difficult and personally threatening situation.

I'll stick with MoxieGirl if it's all the same.

can't find an example of it being a verb

Ooopsy LOL you're right, I wasn't paying attention... but if you notice on the left on the urban dict page, there are other entries, one is moxing, the other moxieman... I suppose this relates to American slang English?

can't find an example of it being a verb

Ooopsy LOL you're right, I wasn't paying attention... but if you notice on the left on the urban dict page, there are other entries, one is moxing, the other moxieman... I suppose this relates to American slang English?

One of many reasons I like living in the UK.

Hi Purple,

Thanks for the link and info. But, even looking on the urban dictionary, moxie is always a noun, can't find an example of it being a verb.

Some of the definitions are:

sass, courage, spunk, determination, attitude I will take this as the American use of 'spunk' which goes along with sass, courage, etc., and not the UK meaning of the word 'spunk'.

a hot chick or possibly a hoe. originated from EzFang. This is the only place I have ever seen it associated with 'hoe', although have also seen hot or attractive woman. I Googled EzFang, and couldn't find much info of value, so not putting a lot of stock into this meaning.

noun. unmitigated gall. Unmitigated - that works for me.

Having moxie means having enough cleverness, skill, creativity, fortitude and cajones to solve (or, at least, to get out of) a difficult and personally threatening situation.

I'll stick with MoxieGirl if it's all the same.

Moxie=Balls.

Potter