2-Bromo

Hi all...The drug is 2-bromo-lsd. Because of reports of low-dosing with LSD and psilocybin proving effective for some people and also because of other reasons, I thought it could prove useful to evaluate a non-hallucinogenic version of LSD and see what would happen. If it didn't work: even clearer argument to evaluate LSD. If it did work, it still helps with further evaluation of LSD and psilocybin and potentially we've gotten a new treatment. Well, well... we were happily surprised by our results!

Clusterbusters paid for the synthesis of enough BOL for treating 6 people - and we have data now on all 6. The data was presented at the International Headache Congress in Philadelphia in September as a poster and also was presented at the Annual Meeting of Clusterbusters later that month. The full manuscript for these results is on it's way to being published in a major peer-reviewed medical journal focused on headache and we'll keep you posted on that.

Most other direct costs for this little study were absorbed by my colleagues and me. But none of this would have happened without Clusterbusters support all along for me in the hallucinogen-side of this research and more.  We've come a long way already but also have a long way to go... especially to make sure that we can as quickly as possible bring BOL and other Clusterbusters-championed treatments to market.

Aragosta is correct that 2-bromo-lsd has other abbreviations: BOL, BOL-148, but also 2-bromo-lysurgide, and others. Take LSD and at the R2 position attach a bromine atom and presto! no hallucinogenic effects at all... but apparently that bromine doesn't block the anti-CH properties of LSD.  And so... we can give a MUCH LARGER dose of BOL than LSD... and we have. 2-3 mg dose = 2000 to 3000 micrograms.

Hope it's ready soon.

The sooner we raise the funds for the next round of trials, the sooner it will be ready for prime time! Thanks for the plug for the paypal donation button ;-)

No other side effects I wonder?

Something somewhat similar was tried in the past and some people are still using it (mostly outside the US) called Sansert.

I looked at this comparisson very closely with Dr. Passie to see what makes the BOL better and safer.

Sansert can be a fairly effective preventive for some people but it needs to be used every day. There are relatively few side effects if Sansert is used for less than 6 months at a time. After that, it can have some very destructive side effects.

BOL on the other hand is only used a few times to break the cycle just as the other "Clusterbuster" methods.

Based upon earlier research with BOL, it appears very safe.

Based upon our work at Hannover, BOL appears very effective. Much more effective than Sansert (or anything else for that matter) and only needing to be used rarely. It is not a daily preventive.

Color us ALL stoked ;-)

Bobw

The full manuscript for these results is on it's way to being published in a major peer-reviewed medical journal focused on headache and we'll keep you posted on that.

Thank you.  I've been keeping my doctor abreast of articles concerning this in anticipation of convincing a prescription once available, this will help. 

At first it was a look of "You're talking LSD here," but another honing explanation of:

I thought it could prove useful to evaluate a non-hallucinogenic version of LSD ...

Take LSD and at the R2 position attach a bromine atom and presto! no hallucinogenic effects at all... ... but apparently that bromine doesn't block the anti-CH properties of LSD.   

... potentially we've gotten a new treatment.

Is it ok if I print out your post for my next appointment.  Sometimes it can be a persistent period of warming up that could be needed.  Damn, I see a rather traditional internal medicine doc, very old whose only open Mo, Tu, and Th from 12-3.  The last two appointments I've discussed it with him but still get the feeling he'd refer me to a neurologist if I wanted this script when it comes down to it.  It may take a certain relationship with a doc to walk in with a request and obtain this. 

As far as a neurologist goes, also, their awareness and acceptance to prescribe may leave yet an open limited kind to right angle from previous methods of treatment upon its new introduction based upon early studies and an opening view. 

I'm into preparation in this regard, all I've got is long experience with managing to say, "I'm looking for better."  Perhaps refusals might be in the cards.  I think of how many walk away with oxygen scripts at an unbudging 8Lpm.

I am wondering if it will still be considered LSD if after:

Take LSD and at the R2 position attach a bromine atom and presto! no hallucinogenic effects at all...

As a by-and-by, despite whence it came, perhaps it may deserve a different connotation as treatment, for effort of departure from past usage.  Is it any longer considered LSD in perception of the mind's eye?  I know there are different names for it, but 2-bromo-lsd could lead to preconceived notions that may entail a more prolonged cautious look regarding a scripting, although it seems useless at this point to try to conceal its source.  Can it just be seen as a medication that works well for clusters.

And Bob, your comparison with the more familiar Sansert can have an important ring to it when talking to a neurologist, that can help get a hmmmm of consideration along these lines.

Based upon earlier research with BOL, it appears very safe.

Based upon our work at Hannover, BOL appears very effective. Much more effective than Sansert (or anything else for that matter) and only needing to be used rarely. It is not a daily preventive.

This can be handy, too, if I can borrow.

Of course this first.   :)

The sooner we raise the funds for the next round of trials, the sooner it will be ready for prime time! Thanks for the plug for the paypal donation button

Soon to do. 

Thanks

Excellent posts all.  Good thread.  Thx again all who are involved in the 2-Bromo evaluation.

Donation sent.

With regard to the projected costs for the next trial, I am curious to know what ballpark we are talking.  4 figures?  5 figures?  6 figures?

Procurement of some 2-Bromo for a 'personal trial'... is it in the realm of possibility, or simply too rare and/or controlled to think about at this stage?

I'm going to leave the technical questions and answers in this thread to the experts.

This is exciting stuff, BOL.  The potential is incredible.

But before you get your hopes up, BOL is not available at this time from your local Doc.  ClusterBusters had to have it manufactured for the trial at Hanover.

Experimental medications are expensive

Research is really expensive, damn expensive.

Not that it relates to future costs, but to manufacture enough BOL on a custom order to rigid specifications, enough for a 6-person trial...... (don't want to scare ya now).....

$10K.  Yep, that's $10,000

Hence the reason for the pay pal button at the bottom of the page.

D.

$10k for 6?Zounds! 

Treasure Valley residents in July raised $84,000 in 27 hours to pay for deep brain stimulation surgery for one patient. The stimulator reduced his pain. But it was removed after he developed an infection. 

http://www.idahostatesman.com/localnews/story/959063.html

What is the cost of Occipital Nerve Stimulation treatment for CH?

• 1 year later...
I was just reading up on BOL and ran across this old thread.

I thought I would revive it. This is the stuff that should stay at the forefront of our objective

Thank you Dan.

Not that it relates to future costs, but to manufacture enough BOL on a custom order to rigid specifications, enough for a 6-person trial...... (don't want to scare ya now).....

$10K.Yep, that's $10,000

I am again reminded what a debt I owe to all those who made that trial possible. The courage of Bob and all of you to take the risk and share what you are doing is nothing short of amazing. I deeply admire all of you. Going to the donate button now  :)