New Member with questions?

z3ul

I was recently diagnosed by my neurologist with cluster headaches, as early as elementary school (34 yrs old now) I've been getting migraines- but they've been getting worse, more frequent and debilitating. From what he told me and what I've been experiencing I suffer from daily headaches, migraines and cluster headaches (which are by far the worse-  Imitrex 100mg don't touch). He is big on oxygen and Botox, I was wondering if these are decent remedies or a waste of time.  Could someone comment on this? :-/

Hi

You sound as bad as me. Daily chronics, typically 5 days out of 7. My longest headache lasted 7 months. Plus, migraines of course. They are getting better. And then add clusters on top of that (won't need to mention shadows and ice picks, they come with the game).

The daily chronic headaches and clusters started 5 years ago, but have had normal headaches and migraines all my life.

Is oxygen and botox a waste of time? Don't know. Each person is different, and what works for one, doesn't always work for another. Oxygen is great for clusters, and can abort them very quickly if taken in time. Botox, from what I've read, only helps if you have migraine with aurors. I don't.

I started busting back in Dec, and it has seemed to help my migraines and dailies as well. Also, I have recently started back on a maintenance dose of oestrogen each day, which will also increase my testosterone. A lot of us think there is a connection between low testosterone and clusters. So increasing it should help.

Hope you find something helpful in all that.

MoxieGirl

Check out the 'CH.com Oxygen Page' in the grey 'Menu' button on the left side of this page. Oxygen is by far the best abortive for virtually all clusterheads but only if used properly at a high enough volume. Any neurologist worth his salt will recommend its use with a diagnosis of CH.

I suffer from daily headaches, migraines and cluster headaches (which are by far the worse-  Imitrex 100mg don't touch).

Yeah the imitrex pills don't tend to work so hot for CH. The injection and inhaler forms of imitrex will abort a CH attack much more reliably, but the non toxic O2 (100%, high flow as Ron pointed out above, NOT the ineffective way most docs still prescribe it) is a much better option when possible, especially because it allows ya to detox before busting, which can prevent both CH and migraines.  :)

Get the high flow 02! You'll get lots of relief from it and it'll make detoxing great.

I have no idea about botox, but flat out, I'd try a lot of other stuff first. I.E. RC seeds. They got rid of my migraines, and helped ease the clusters. Hell, without constant headaches that chronic daily headache o yours might get to feelin' better.

Good luck!

Thanks for all your replies, I'm gonna try the 02 stuff first then move up from there.  It's nice to hear from people with similar symptoms and aren't pushing pharmaceuticals. I hope to learn more from this site so I can enjoy my life!  Thanks again.

-Brady

Tried to detox and only made it for two days,OUCH.Using o2 ,monster,coffee.Six clusters a night.Steroids have given me temporary relief in the past,will they interfere with RC busting?Has any one ever heard of gurana,this is extremly high in caffeine.

6 a night - aughh now THAT really blows!  :'( >:( Very sorry to hear about that. :(

Is your current O2 set up high flow (which for me means at least 25 LPM), using a special non rebreather mask?

Last time I checked, steroids do interfere with busting unfortunately.  :'(

Have heard of gurana, haven't tried it much.

Does you CH come in cycles? if so, I'm wondering if you'd have your best shot with detoxing/busting at a low point in a cycle where they are less frequent and/or less severe?

I decided to go for it and ordered 200 seeds, just a question about working into it and figuring correct dosage.  I'm 6'3" 225 lbs and wondering how to figure out the dose that would be appropriate for my size?

appropriate for my size

Body size doesn't really have much to do with it. It's brain size. Some have started with 25-35 seeds and got good results, others have started with more. I used 60 and got an effective dose so have never changed my dose level.

Really, you just have to experiment with dosages until you find what works for you. If the first dose doesn't seem to cause any changes in your HA's, wait 5 days and try a larger number of seeds.

Just be ready for the slapbacks with an abortive, they can be worse than the CH's you normally get for some damn reason. I had some after my first time dosing, but very few after my second time. Third time was a charm. Now I may get a rogue hit every once in a great while or an occasional shadow, but nothing that an energy drink doesn't knock out in 5 to 10 minutes.

Some recommend starting small and working up, I decided to start a little larger and not mess around with it.

Good luck with your bust.

Oh, and about the Gurana, never heard of it either, I like my caffeine, but that Gurana stuff sounds too much like guano.  ;D