Re: MJ, Drug checkpoint led 2 Alabama Arrest HELP!!!!!

ThatHurtsMyHead

Fireside,

I don't want to sound insensitive as I can understand your position, but I would recommend NOT taking ANY legal advice from someone on an internet message board.  100% of your legal advice should come from your lawyer.

I will give some friendly advice on your mary J and other drug use.  If you plan on trying to get into the med field you'll need to be 110% free of any substances, no matter the reason you take them.  Some companies won't even hire if prescribed presription drugs show up on a uninalisis.

Again I don't mean to sound insensitive as this board has some of the most understanding people around.  Many of us are walking the line to stay alive....

Jeff

I will give some friendly advice on your mary J and other drug use.  If you plan on trying to get into the med field you'll need to be 110% free of any substances, no matter the reason you take them.  Some companies won't even hire if prescribed presription drugs show up on a uninalisis.

This is not true. While I am not arguing about the benefits of being sober, I know several professionals (RNs, physicians, PA's, dental students, etc..) who smoke weed. It is probably a good idea to stay away from drugs that may cause problems in your job, but it is entirely possible to complete medical school have a successful career and still use marijuana

I'd like to help you, firesidefun18, but I don't know what to say. I guess this could happen to any of us, even with seeds I suppose, depending on the jurisdiction.

ClusterBusters as far as I know is not prepared to face this kind of situation. Maybe we should see about it and gather legal info to help people in such cases, have volunteer lawyers at hand idk... Well good luck... the medical reasons seem fair defense to me, but I'm no lawyer and I don't know Alabama.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate it for ya. relax you will be fine. plea it down probation fine..deffered sentence no record..pretty small deal really..stay in school and treat your migraines with traditional drug therapy.  :o ...dont drive under the influence. It's your life at stake. ;)

bb

I'm sure by now your lawyer has had the evidence tested and found it to not be the felonious substance. If not, get a new lawyer. Either way, worst case scenario, you could plead down to a misdemeanor and then after a year the misdeamonor dropped. Just make sure you get a good lawyer.

Also, almost as important: Where was the Drug Checkpoint and what made you think you had to stop? Did you see a sign on a Interstate that said Drug Checkpoint ahead and then you exited and got caught in the trap waiting at the exit? This is a long used tactic by the coppers to trick people who may be holding to exit to ditch the drugs, but that's where the cops are. As far as I know they cannot, and do not put those checkpoints on the interstate and they are definately illegal, just no one has taken them to the supreme court, yet, for the unlawful checkpoints. You have a constitutional right to travel.

Sorry you got popped.

It's legal in the US, if its straight damiana.

Unfortunately, in the US many times they can prosecute you for legal substances that LOOK like illegal substances if you haven't labeled them.  In other words, you can be arrested and charged for marijuana if they find ANY green leafy substance on you that does not say what it is.  One thing they try to claim at times is that you knew what it was, but that you PLANNED on selling it as an illegal drug.   

Always label your herbs.