Detox, RC, Melatonin, D3 advice

bradg

Hello fine folks,

I need to pump some advice from the deep reservoir of knowledge around here, if you please.

I busted very successfully in July and September of 2011 with the psilocybin, but the beast has come back. Through poor planning on my part, I had no mushrooms at my disposal this time around, so I went to the doctor and received a course of medication that I have found effective for short periods of time (with crazy side effects of course).

So now I have a few cakes that are growing their beautiful mycelia, but the fruit won't be ready for a few more weeks (I'll post some pictures!), and I need another solution.

I have ordered RC seeds and they are in the mail, from Canada to St. Louis-ish and I don't know when to expect them. My massive prednisone dosing (very effective) is over; I stopped 7 days ago, and the headaches are gaining a new foothold. Attacks at odd times: it hasn't had the chance to be regular or extremely intense yet, but it is closing in fast.

I am currently taking nimodipine, a calcium channel blocker like verapimil, oxycodone for immediate relief, and of course the caffiene.

What I am looking for is advice on two things: 1. detox over the next few days and 2. melatonin/D3 advice.

1. I would like very much to take the seeds as soon as they come into town. Has anyone else in the midwest ordered from Tranceplants? How long does the shipment take? Through reading material available here, I have determined that 25 seeds is where I should start. Comments? Anyone use skullcap and find it effective?

Should I stop the nimodipine? Will the '5 days' rule be enough for detox? I have been taking this for 3 weeks now. Should I taper this off? Basically I want to balance my "medicine" from the doctors (slightly effective) with the real medicine coming in the mail to minimize my suffering in the next week.

2. Could this course of prepping for the RC bust possibly include Melatonin and/or D3? I have waking attacks at night, which tells me that melatonin could be effective. Will either conflict with the bust I have planned? I have never used either of these or O2.

I know this is a lot of question marks in one post, but any comments would be appreciated.

Y'all are awesome. Stay classy. 8-)

Well, here's the deal: Some people bust just fine while on calcium channel blockers. Other people have to quit them to bust properly. It depends on what you want to try.

You can try busting while on the nimodipine, and see if it helps. If the busting doesn't help much / work, then stop the nimodipine, and try again after 5 days. Personally, if the shit is hitting the fan, I'd detox from the stuff and just go full busting on it's ass. But that's just me! It's in the same class as verapamil, which is what I'm basing my advice on.

I've heard a few people say melatonin does not interfere with busting. So go ahead and take it at night. It should help with the night hits.

Skullcap is great. I don't use it for the anxiety, I use it daily because it helps with the nerve pain. So I keep it as a preventative. At 25 seeds, you shouldn't be having anxiety though, or really feelin' much of anything from the seeds. 'Cept maybe some sleepiness.

Good luck!

Since I'm no stranger to busting medicines, do you suppose a larger dose of RC would be beneficial?

I'm not sure of the science on this, and I know some have been concerned that unnecessarily high starting doses of RC are recommended by responders here, but I can tell ya I'm never in any mood for proceeding cautiously with counter attacking the beast, and I go for at least 50 seeds.

To me, taking 50 RC seeds is NOTHING compared to something like taking 1.5g of mushrooms which is something I seriously brace myself for.

Could this course of prepping for the RC bust possibly include Melatonin and/or D3?

Yep, both tend to be considered to be fine with busting.

I have never used either of these or O2.

Please get yerself some high flow 100% O2 from a welding supply place if necessary. It's important that you do this yesterday.  :) ;D

Should I stop the nimodipine? Will the '5 days' rule be enough for detox?

5 days oughta be fine. Whether you should stop, well IMO that question is a tuffy (for the same reasons Pixie laid out). :-?

Ugh!

Day 2 of detox from all the bad stuff. I got hit bad in Physics class this morning, it is a terrible place to have a cluster. Had to leave of course, but where to go? I went to the bathroom. They must think I'm psycho.

The beast always tells me how hard he's charging on his way in, and I sometimes get really scared about what is about to happen.  >:( I'm not going to miss this bastard!

Come on, Friday.

Hang in there!!!!! :) :)

Let them think what they will. If they don't have it, they can't understand it. Got it? Plenty to take up brain space without worrying what others think. Physics is demanding.

The older you get, the less you worry about what others think. Especially when they can't possibly understand. ::)

Keep in touch and let us know how you are Bradg. We will be pulling for ya! 8-)

Spiny, thanks for the advice, but just because I'm taking physics doesn't place me in the same age bracket as the other 'kids!' It's my second trip through undergrad, after a hiatus.

Anyhow, I dosed with RC this morning. I took 50 seeds, removed 20% floaters and coffee-grinded the remaining 40, soaked for 1 hour and drank with OJ on an empty stomach. I was braced for some kind of experience, but didn't feel a thing. Maybe a little lethargy, but nothing out of the ordinary for a Friday after a week in engineering school! It may be too soon to tell about the bust, but Mr. Shadow did move to the opposite side of my melon.

Bradg

Bradg,

Hope you have really great results. :)

Sorry that I offended you in my previous post. It was not my intent to put you in a box regarding age.

College students come in all ages. I took Physics at 40 surrounded by teenagers ::)

I was trying to point out that people don't and can't understand CH so it doesn't pay to worry about it. It is something I tell myself not to do on a regular basis.

All the best to you.

spiny

No offense taken, spiny.

I finally understand what is meant by "slapbacks." Holy cow! That didn't happen with the vitamin M.Two splitting hits that night, and a shadow has come and gone regularly since. I think I'm busted, but will have to try again this weekend to really send him on his way.

Thank you EVERYONE for the tips, support and love.

Bradg

So confused on this whole RC thing.   Ok so it says in other post that you should start with 8 to 10 seeds to see how it effects you.  So my hubby is a big guy 6ft4in 230ish so I gave in 14 seeds.   He felt nothing...soooo what next 30 seeds??  When?   and lets say when we get to a point of where the seeds work....how often do you take them?  And can you mix RC with other types of seeds?

Big man. I am 5' 4" 145...I use 30 to 50. I dose 3 to 5 day intervals. Many start with 25 and go up from there. LSA is not as hallucinogenic as shrooms so if he feels anything it would be flush, and relaxed, perhaps a slight euphoria. I wouldn't mix them with other seeds simply because of control. You do as you see fit. The pain will dictate. Dont eat them on an empty stomach. Eat something light an hour before ingestion to avoid possible stomach cramps and nausea although this is not common it can happen. LSA is a great tool, confusion will be replaced by knowledge. ;)

bb

So my hubby is a big guy 6ft4in 230ish so I gave in 14 seeds.

The dosage is determined by brain size and we're all pretty much the same regardless of body size. I started with 60 seeds and it worked for me so I stuck with it. He won't get any side effects with less than 200 or 250 seeds. It varies a little bit depending on the individual. Most RC seed users only report a good nights sleep as a side benefit.

Have no fear, and great luck with the busting.

hmmm... 60 seeds...I will try!  I gave him 35 and nothing. He just a few minutes ago had the mother of all clusters.  This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do.  Watch someone you love in that much pain!  It is the craziest thing ever!!!  He ended up just taking a needle so now I have to wait for to up the seeds. 

For those of you that dont know.....sometimes watching someone go through this is enough to wish death on the both of us!  Sick I know!

That may have been a slapback. They can be vicious. They seem to be worse than the very thing you're trying to avoid. Actually they're a sign that you're shaking things up and better times are coming.

Keep at it every 5-7 days. If LSA works for him, it may take 3 or 4 busts or more to get where you want to be. For me it was 3 doses, and now I just take a maintenance dose every so often.

We're all  pulling for you.

I cant get my hubby to NOT go without those needles....IDK what to do

Well usually going without needles is accomplished by replacing them with high flow 100% O2 (not the outmoded, ineffective, but still widely prescribed low flow rebreather O2) for aborts, as outlined here:

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1299901790

Also, if results are not obtained with seeds even in higher doses DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED - this happens to some of us sometimes, and in such cases switching to mushrooms often does the trick.  8-)

02 and caffiene

An important point there about an important combo. Many CH'ers swear that downing an energy drink that contains plenty of caffeine and taurine such as Monster or Red Bull when they get on the O2 will facilitate a quicker abort, and if attacks are frequent, it can make it the abort last significantly longer.