Growing season... and my friend the cop

MoxieGirl

Hi,

I have two topics in this post. Not out to confuse anyone.

First off, a question. I've just loaded a dozen small jars with spores and have placed them in a warm place. At this stage in the process, is sunlight good, or sunlight bad?

On another topic, although probably of more interest to UK residents than anyone else.

I have a very good friend who is a cop here in the UK. She knows quite a lot about drug laws, and is on a special 'home search' team. As such, she comes across illegal substances quite often, and knows how the police deal with them. Also, she is a sinus headache sufferer. So, although not clusters, she fully appreciates how bad mine are.

Last night we got talking about headaches, as we do, and I mentioned the new cure for my clusters, and how it was helping my migraines and headaches too. I know her well enough to know she wouldn't have a problem with it (no risk of being arrested on the spot or anything). But, she did explain a few interesting things for me, and I thought I'd share them.

Cannabis, is a class B drug in the UK. As such, if a cop catches you growing it, it falls into one of two categories. 'Cultivating' or 'Producing'. Cultivating is when you are just growing a few plants for your own use. It is up to the cop, usually, and how many previous warnings you've had, to either charge you or give you a caution (and take the plants of course). If you are growing so much that you are producing it for sale, then you will automatically be arrested and charged.

Also, cannabis has about 10% LSA in it, and the latest thing on the street are people extracting the LSA, and selling cannabis that is 100% LSA!

Now, onto shrooms. In the UK, mushrooms are a Class A drug, which means if you are caught with them, you will be charged. No chance of a warning, even on a first offence. Being charged means you have to go before the courts.

That said, there isn't a booming mushroom trade here, and cops aren't knocking down doors looking for dealers. She said if I keep things quiet, just grow enough for myself, I shouldn't ever have a problem. Which I totally expected to be the case.

Thought it might be interesting FYI stuff.

Renée

At this stage in the process, is sunlight good, or sunlight bad?

light/sunlight induces pinning, keep them in the dark until fully colonized

Also, cannabis has about 10% LSA in it, and the latest thing on the street are people extracting the LSA, and selling cannabis that is 100% LSA!

No

False

First off, a question. I've just loaded a dozen small jars with spores and have placed them in a warm place. At this stage in the process, is sunlight good, or sunlight bad?

I would recommend storing them in a dark place. Since they aren't plants, they don't need sunlight except for a few seconds to initiate pinning once they are ready to fruit. While they are colonizing keep them out of the light though