Medication Research Study

Psiloscribe

A Cluster Headache Medication Survey

ClusterBusters, a non-profit cluster headaches advocacy and education group, is now offering cluster headache patients the opportunity to participate in an on-line survey regarding the treatment effectiveness of the various medications and strategies used to treat cluster headaches.

You do not need to have tried or used any specific treatment to participate and the survey is applicable to both episodic and chronic persons.  This survey will include commonly prescribed traditional medicines (including abortive and preventative medications), various surgical procedures non-traditional medications to alleviate cluster headache.  The link to the survey is below.

Cluster headache is a rare disorder and poorly understood and there are very few studies/surveys regarding the effectiveness of the medications or treatments. The data from this survey will be summarized by a neurologist specializing in cluster headaches, will be submitted to a medical journal and will be used for presentations at medical conferences to educate other medical professionals.

If you are a cluster headache patient, please complete the survey as your participation could potentially assist other cluster headache patients and medical professionals in determining the most effective treatment for cluster headache patients.

Please note, it will take 25 to 40 minutes to complete this survey, as it is extensive.

Once started you will be unable to save and return later, so please allow sufficient time to complete the survey in one sitting.

Survey Link:  http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07e5lc5y7agyhhgd2b/start

All survey answers and information will be held in strict confidence.

For further information please contact us:

Email:  info@clusterbusters.com

Web Site:  clusterbusters.com

Message Board:  http://clusterbusters.clusterheadaches.com/

Thank you everyone for an outstanding response so far.

The great numbers of responders has our medical professionals excited. I know there are a lot of surveys out there. Thank you all again for taking the time to complete the survey.

As to what was and what wasn't included; that was all decided upon with the advice of those medical professionals that are involved.

One thing (among many) we are looking to see is how the "real life" numbers compare with "published" and advertised efficacy rates.

Especially when it comes to clusters, much of the published rates and even the clinical trial data was taken from small sample sizes.

This is the first in what will be a series of surveys that we hope will produce some very specific improvements in cluster headache treatment.

Bob 

• 2 weeks later...

The response to the ClusterBuster online medication survey has been remarkable. 

To those that have already completed the survey, a huge thank you.

For those that have not yet completed the survey, we ask that you please make the time to do so.  The information gathered from the survey will be complied into a journal article.  Your input is needed to make this a comprehensive and complete review of the commonly prescribed traditional medicines (including abortive and preventative medications), various surgical procedures non-traditional medications to alleviate cluster headache.

(*note - the survey will take 25 - 40 minutes to complete and must be completed in one sitting)

We can make a difference.   Help to make that possible.

Survey link is: http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07e5lc5y7agyhhgd2b/start

Thank you

ClusterBusters Survey Team

• 1 month later...

The survey has now been closed and we are beginning to sift through the data and compiling the results.

There is a ton of info there, it's going to be slow to process.  Sorry.

To everyone that took the survey, a huge thank you.   :-)

FG

Backtoya Bob. I hope to see you in Vegas and again thank you in person for being the man I aspire to be.

Reminds me of a saying I say in my vets office the other day. It said:

I hope I'm as good as my dog thinks I  am.

You, bob, are the best among us, and there are a lot of fantastic people here.

You should take a moment to pat yourself on the back. There should be a special place in heaven for folks like you :)

Dan