OPEN Conference

shocked

Interdisciplinary Conference on Psychedelic Research

Two days of cutting edge scientific research into psychedelics

http://icpr.stichtingopen.nl/

Building on the success of its first conference in 2010, The OPEN Foundation is busy organising its second scientific conference on psychedelic research.

Amsterdam. Weekend of October 6 / 7. 2012.

With international researchers from a wide variety of academic disciplines, this two-day event will be dedicated to scientific research into psychedelic substances and the psychedelic experience. The 2012 Interdisciplinary Conference on Psychedelics Research will feature current research into a wide array of psychotropic substances, such as psilocybin, LSD, ayahuasca, ibogaine, DMT, ketamine, MDMA, Salvia divinorum and even nitrous oxide.

Researchers will present the results of their studies into the inner workings of the brain under the influence of psilocybin and LSD.

The Interdisciplinary Conference on Psychedelic Research is organised for all those with a serious interest in psychedelic research.

Psychedelic research has a strong multidisciplinary character, which is reflected both in the audience as well as in the speakers, who all come from their own background and whose lectures demonstrate the inherent multifaceted nature of psychedelics research.

List of invited speakers and tentative topics

• Robin Carhart-Harris, PhD | Imperial College London| UK| Brain mechanisms of psilocybin

• Matthew Johnson, PhD | Johns Hopkins | USA | Hallucinogen research at Johns Hopkins University

• Robin MacKenzie, PhD | University of Kent | UK | Neuroscience and psychedelics in healthcare

• Teri Krebs, PhD cand. | NTNU | Norway| Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) for alcoholism

• Mitzi Waltz, PhD | University of Birmingham | UK | Psychedelic therapy and autism spectrum conditions

• Ben Sessa, MD | Bristol University | UK | MDMA Psychotherapy and treatment of PTSD

• Jordi Riba, PhD | Autonomous University of Barcelona | Spain | The neuropharmacology of DMT

• Torsten Passie, MD, PhD | Hannover Medical School | Germany | Effects and mechanisms of nitrous oxide

• Ruud Kortekaas, PhD | RUG | Holland | Psychopharmacology of ketamine

• Prof. Wouter Hanegraaff | UvA | Holland | Ayahuasca, altered states & academia

More presenters will be announced soon

shocked

Thanks for the post Shocked.

If I wasn't terrified of flying due to my last flight with a  head attack I would love a trip to Amsterdam.

I would window shop and window shop :o

Dan

You crack me up Dan... window shop in the red light district lol.....