Drying

tucker

Tucker,

You can use a dehydrator (with the heat turned off) or just put on a paper towel under a ceiling fan or regular fan on low.  After about 24 to 48 hours you'll want to put in a sealed container with dry dessicant (will remove the last bit of moisture).

They need to be cracker dry otherwise any moisture not removed will make them start to rot.  You might also want to seal them and put in the freezer for long term storage, so you're always ready if the beast returns outside a regular cycle.

PFW,

Jeff

You can eat them raw though, they don't have to be cracker dry to consume them, you can eat them right after you pick them if you wanted to. They will weigh more and you might have a harder time trying to get your dosing down.

I eat them cracker dry myself. I leave them under a ceiling fan just like Jeff said and let them dry out. They dry pretty quick.

If you don't have time to wait for them to dry out you can always make a tea too.

It is easier for me personally to know my dosing limits by using cracker dry -