Episodic to chronic?

John

What are the chances that I have gone from one to the other? This cycle is the absolute longest ever-6 months and counting. Regular 1:30-2:00AM hits everyday since Wed. I usually have ~2 month long cycle, and few random night attacks. I forget what it feels like to be human. I am constantly tired and grumpy, and not much fun to be around. Went to a neuro Thurs and got 2 scripts-treximet and depakote. Took 1 depakote, and got my arse handed to my @1:30am and thought it was a rebound HA, but after this long, It must've been a coincidence.

I am either turning chronic, or something outside this house is trying to kill me. I may need to go elsewhere for a couple of days to see if that helps. We moved Jan 4th, and cycle started after that.  :-/

Im closing in on a year and a half after 2 month clusters all my life. Mine got worse after I moved North 400 miles. Mine are greatly affected by weather, and I live smack dab in the middle of the great lakes, so the weather is always changing. I fear I may have to move to Arizona or something :(

Unfortunately I've seen plenty of previously episodic CH'ers report going chronic - an episodic's worst nightmare - but I've seen many such folk also report breaking that unwanted chronic CH condition with busting.

The impending mushroom busting you spoke of earlier could really change things! I imagine you'll need more than one bust to put the 'ol nail in the chronic coffin.

I dosed Sat night. I did not take enough, and I didn't detox first. I have some left for friday night, and I am going to force myself to detox. The Treximet stopped working. I used to be able to take 1 and knock out an attack in less than an hour. Since Thursday, I've taken 3 trex, and last night went without, and got the same 3 hour hit. However, they have been milder since sat night. My mood was better on sunday. Friday night is the next time due to work schedule. I suppose that I can hang in there for another week-been doing it this long.

I still am leaning towards an environmental allergic reaction as a trigger this cycle. I think something outside wants to kill me. Hopefully, the week flies by. ;)

...they have been milder since sat night. My mood was better on sunday..

That mood thingy is an often mentioned mushroom side effect indeed.

I hope you'll have some high flow 100% O2 for aborts during the detox week...?

Unfortunately, no 02. It will be a rough week, but it'll be worth it... 

The only 'good' thing to come out of this cycle is that since it's been so long, a lot of people have been exposed to me during an attack. When they see the droopy eye, running nose, and look of desperation in my eyes, it dawns on them just how severe this is. One guy at work asked if I was having a stroke. That gave me a bit of a chuckle. People are a little more understanding. My boss even watched the nat geo(?) special about dosing and clusters.

2 am wake up call. Except this time, it is not the beast-my head is plugged up tighter than a frogs butt and I couldn't breathe.

So, this leads me to believe 1 of 2 things;

This will be the first time that I will have my sinus allergies at the same time as my CH cycle, or my cycle has ended.

Hoping for the latter-I feel human again.  :D

hello,im tumblesage,,in between right now,but my last sckle,,,xcuss the spelln.  i learn some shit on my last one;''  15   oxy.,,  ya you now. its a bandaid,,but wow!! any bandaid will hell...p,,,,,,,,,,,,,,whats up with the fun guy >>he  was there for me last year??????????? now,,theres     nobody,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if they came here with a ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu  know :-/ :( :( :(

John,

Try to eat clean and detox, take some walks and breathe heavy like you are hyper ventilating this seems to help while detoxing - trust me you will be happy, it was hard as hell for me to not grab the trex, but i stuck with it and even a small dose might not feel like it is doing anything but i think it is . even if you don't feel it right away i think that there are some things going on that you can't feel, so even a small amount of shroom in my opinion is better than no amount and it is getting the beast ready to leave. I try to take and I know this might sound like a lot to some but a small amount to others, the first time i busted was with 2.5 grams cracker dry, the second time i doubled this amount and was seeing kaleidoscopes on the walls but that dose gave me the old slap back and then i knew i was almost there. I did one or two more doses after that and they were around 2.5 to 3.5 grams. No beast since, but i think it is important to bust this cycle and then think about maintenance doses. Also try red bull, lots of it. I have bad allergies too and something has been messing with me lately as well, one day out here it is 100 degrees and then next day 78 and windy.

I think i was starting to go chronic but i stared busting just at that time so i don't know for sure or not. I have been getting shadows lately and i think that is my cue for busting again with a maintenance dose. Stick with it - you will be happy you did. try and relax and enjoy the trip - even if it doesn't bust your cycle it is still spiritual journey to take and enjoy. think positive ....pf your way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all--I have been chronic for 2+ years and on prednisone 25mg daily.  Started seeds and have dosed 3 times-last dose 20 seeds.  Can I keep dosing 5 days apart?  WAs hoping to cut prednisone down but cannot yet.

Was told to try Kudzu?  Will this interfere with seeds?

Thanks for the help.

Michelek, it is generally thought here that prednisone will block with the effects of seeds.  That has also been believed about kudzu, but at least one person here found that kudzu did not interfere with his busting. (Of course, if prednisone does interfere and you're still taking it, then it doesn't much matter whether the kudzu also interferes or not.)

Do you have oxygen as an abortive (that might help you get off the prednisone)?

If you're talking about RC seeds, I think most people here would consider 20 a pretty small dose. . . but, again, that's probably not relevant if the prednisone is blocking busting anyway.

PS: If you're planning on staying in touch with this forum, you might be better off to start a new thread.

Before someone else mention this, I'll point out that EF Hutton nearly collapsed over 20 years ago, had to be propped up by other entities (sounds like me so far), and eventually disappeared (sounds like me, eventually).  Great commercial, though. 

Have you had an MRI to rule out anything physical, such as an AVM? I thought I was chronic, and no matter what I tried the headaches persisted. It turns out I have an AVM, which is probably the culprit behind 20 years of HA. I dont mean to scare you or anything, but if you havent had an MRI you should get one ASAP.